Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
I just saw this on the news. I have to say I'm gobsmacked. So sad :(
I also love 'A Knights Tale'. R.I.P Heath.

I feel so sorry for his little girl.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
In an ideal world yes. But the reality is how hard is it to read the instructions on the medicine label (assuming it was legitimately prescribed) :confused:
An accidental overdose is not considered suicide. There is a difference.

Agreed; why would you assume it's suicide without any evidence?
I dunno... Unless someone has some evidence of demons in this guys life, the immediate suspicion has to be an accident.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
My celeb-gossip source told me over the phone-- I thought he was joking. :eek:

Always shocks me when some young (and let's face it, beautiful) celebrity dies.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Wow, just heard about this on the radio, can't believe it.

Very sad, he seemed like such a decent guy. Is it true that he was at one of the Olsen twins' apartments?

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
This is probably just coincidence, but throwing it out there. Apparently, he suffered large sleep problems because of trying to get into the character of The Joker:

"He [Ledger] tends to do that. He is here in London filming the latest episode of the “Batman” franchise, “The Dark Knight.” (Mr. Bale, as it happens, plays Batman; Mr. Ledger plays the Joker.) It is a physically and mentally draining role — his Joker is a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy” he said cheerfully — and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing."

So, he is sleep deprived and had trouble, even with drugs, falling and staying asleep. Then he is found dead because of an overdose of over the counter sleeping drugs. Could he possibly have just been trying to get to sleep, but was unable to after playing The Joker, and tried to take too many drugs to do it?

angelodmhl

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
Greece
WTF
WHAT THE ****
He was like 30. TOO F****** YOUNG.

Brad Renfro and Heath Ledger gone in less than a week. I feel ******.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Well, damn. Just read it on the front page of BBC News...

I was actually quite excited about The Dark Night after seeing the first full trailer, but this will taint it a little for me :eek:

jSunbeam

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
i feel really sad. something about a seemingly gentle, 28 year-old guy with a young kid just wrenches my gut.

RIP
x

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I just read this on Digg. I was like "wow". I've never even seen the guy in anything, but I was really looking forward to seeing his performance in Dark Knight. When I read the headline I was like "it must be another Heath Ledger". But wow. It's quite sad, and it's a real eye opener too. Death can happen to anyone.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
like eberyone else I'm shocked by this. So sad. My thoughts go out to his family and close I ones.

So young and talented. Loved him in A Knight's Tale, ANSI was looking forward to seeing him in the next batman movie.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
He was a great actor. His part in The Patriot was portrayed perfectly. I was so excited to see the new direction he took with his part as The Joker in forthcoming Batman movie. I feel so sad for his daughter and the rest of his family and close friends...

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
This is so very sad. :(

I feel horrible for his daughter. She will never really know her father. :(

From things I've read it appears to be an accident with too many sleeping pills. Like others have said, the poor guy was probably just exhausted and at his wits end about wanting a decent bit of sleep.

So very sad.

Nadav

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
Ang Lee (brokeback mountain) lives in my town, and his son goes to my school, I wonder how he's dealing with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.