Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TarekDaas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2023
Ofc I’m not an overthinker, THE IDEA THAT PAYING 2400 BUCKS IS NOT THAT OK

MacProFCP

Contributor
Jun 14, 2007
Michigan
I have 11inch ipad pro too I could use it as second display if that may help too what do you think

This works when you’re on the road for quick, non-precision editing. iPad as a permanent monitor doesn’t work as 1. It’s too small and 2. The software side isn’t stable. I’m constantly having issues whenever I do this.

Could you tell me the name of monitors you use

LG 27UP650-W Monitor 27” UHD... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093R8JGB1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

TarekDaas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2023
This works when you’re on the road for quick, non-precision editing. iPad as a permanent monitor doesn’t work as 1. It’s too small and 2. The software side isn’t stable. I’m constantly having issues whenever I do this.

LG 27UP650-W Monitor 27” UHD... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093R8JGB1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Ok thank you for sharing your experience, do you have any idea about the “rare” dead pixels case and if the warranty cover it or not

bk125

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2018
New York
If you’re thinking of getting an M3 Pro, maybe consider the M2 Pro, too—it has virtually the same CPU benchmarks and slightly better GPU benchmarks. (No ray tracing, though.) You might be able to save a bunch of money/find better specs for the same price with retailers trying to unload them.

mmkerc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2014
And would that be a real problem and if I got a macbook with that what would do in that case, would the warranty cover that?
There has been a lot of discussions in the display industry, as well as specifically with Apple. To be honest I do not know the current status of warranty on this issue. If the dead pixel exceed the six sigma number I am pretty sure Apple will replace; if the dead pixels are in the center of the display I think Apple will replace even if fewer than the six sigma numbers.

I am certain there are posts within the forum on dead pixels you can read to get more information.

However, I would not let this risk stop me from buying the computer, for two reasons. First it is a good deal, and the computer should easily last ten years, second with the graphic work you do I would assume you will get at least one if not two external monitors which will be where the bulk of your work will be displayed.

Lastly, dead pixels do happen, however with the thousands of folks I know and have worked with over 30 years I cannot recall anyone having a dead pixel issue. They do occur but in general are very rare.

Last edited:

TarekDaas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2023
There has been a lot of discussions in the display industry, as well as specifically with Apple. To be honest I do not know the current status of warranty on this issue. If the dead pixel exceed the six sigma number I am pretty sure Apple will replace; if the dead pixels are in the center of the display I think Apple will replace even if fewer than the six sigma numbers.

I am certain there are posts within the forum on dead pixels you can read to get more information.

However, I would not let this risk stop me from buying the computer, for two reasons. First it is a good deal, and the computer should easily last ten years, second with the graphic work you do I would assume you will get at least one if not two external monitors which will be where the bulk of your work will be displayed.

Lastly, dead pixels do happen, however with the thousands of folks I know and have worked with over 30 years I cannot recall anyone having a dead pixel issue. They do occur but in general are very rare.
Ok thank you so much for help guys but I have that one weird feeling of “Would it be not that powerful but I go like nah it’s a m3pro with 36Rams” So I don’t think I will regret buying it right?

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
Get the 14" MBP for $1700. The 16" is not very portable.

Get as much RAM as you can afford.

Don't buy more internal storage; external is cheaper and safer.

Any mouse will work with a Mac. Apple's mice are actually pretty terrible and unergonomic.

Reactions: TarekDaas

mcled53

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2022
West of the Cascades
Buying a new macbook from USA
Uses:
1)Adobe softwares (PS, IS, ID, XD, AE,premiere mainly (AE & PE mainly for social media content like reels and shorts),light room)
2) C4D (Mainly product rendering)
3) Fegma,Sketch
4) Web development
Should I pick a MBA or a MBP and which size also there are some refurbished macbooks I found
1) MBP M3 Pro 14 11C/14G/18/512 1700$
2) MBP M3 Pro 14 12C/18G/18/1TB (2050$)
3) MBP M2 Pro 16 12C/19G/16/512 (2050$)
My budget is 2200$ for max
Also do you think I can use an external storage and do I need apple mouse :)
Not to mention (I will be learning these stuff from scratch the idea I just need the perfect machine and don’t want to waste extra money for an over kill)
What do you think :) and please if you suggested another option mention the configurations cause I really get confused at picking the right ones :)
Also Idk if it differs but I have an m2 Ipad pro
Option #2.

TarekDaas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2023
Guys one last question will the m3 pro 12C/18G/36GB be able to create videos like these on after effects and what is the real difference between m3 pro and m3 max in this case (Edit: I found a m3 max 14 inch macbook with same storage and ram at around 2800 but I am not gonna really pay that much unless I really can’t do that on m3 pro)
And
Also is m3 pro with 36gb good enough for C4D?

Last edited:

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
Guys one last question will the m3 pro 12C/18G/36GB be able to create videos like these on after effects and what is the real difference between m3 pro and m3 max in this case (Edit: I found a m3 max 14 inch macbook with same storage and ram at around 2800 but I am not gonna really pay that much unless I really can’t do that on m3 pro)
And
Also is m3 pro with 36gb good enough for C4D?
Given most YouTubers use one I would say yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.