Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I'm running Nova Launcher on my S4 and I don't see lag. Why not get an S4?

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Basically I am due an upgrade and decided to get an android phone.....

I am looking at these phones, note 3, LG G2, HTC One and maybe even the S4

What is putting me off the note is its size...its way too big to be a phone imo and also I have heard the HTC One has poor battery life, as well as the fact that the phone is kinda old now and a new one will be coming out in early 2014 (I can't wait till that long to get the new model)

Also the LG G2 only comes in 16gb in the uk which is way too small especially today.

My 32GB Galaxy Note 3 fits into my Apple ecosystem perfectly.

It's syncs well with my retina MBP, MBA & iPads

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
And battery.

And screen in my opinion. The S4 has better clarity and vivid colors. Brightness output is lower, but I never had an issue with outdoors operation.

The Nexus 5 has something weird going on with its screen. It has some type of weird grayish haze to it that doesn't look as nice as the G2, S4 or HTC One.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
And screen in my opinion. The S4 has better clarity and vivid colors. Brightness output is lower, but I never had an issue with outdoors operation.

The Nexus 5 has something weird going on with its screen. It has some type of weird grayish haze to it that doesn't look as nice as the G2, S4 or HTC One.

I still haven't had the please of using a Nexus 5 but I'm not surprised because the screen on my Nexus 4 isn't that good either.

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
My 32GB Galaxy Note 3 fits into my Apple ecosystem perfectly.

It's syncs well with my retina MBP, MBA & iPads

whats the best way to upload your iTunes library in to a htc one or note 3?

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX

?? Maybe I'm just not noticing it - but doesn't seem to be any "haze" on my Nexus 5.....

Now, the app icons are awful quality, but that's always been the case on Android. No uniform size or quality.....striking difference between those devs who actually care and those who don't.

----------

whats the best way to upload your iTunes library in to a htc one or note 3?

Play Music. Especially if you use other Apple devices. I can download music from the iTunes store and it will appear in my Play Music library as if my N5 were an iPhone.

Pretty slick imo. All it requires is a desktop app on the computer you keep all your music on.

WilliamBateman

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
Contract or not, Nexus 5 is still better than all these 3 phones (other than the camera).

No it's not, not even close. The One has better build quality, display and speakers than the N5 and the Note 3 has a stylus and software features both phones can only dream of having plus more RAM, battery life, larger display, removable battery and expandable storage.

animalx

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2013
I still haven't had the please of using a Nexus 5 but I'm not surprised because the screen on my Nexus 4 isn't that good either.

There's no haze over the display. The display actually looks quite good, and is quite crisp.

WilliamBateman

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
Its not a "haze" over the N5 display, its just very muted and washed out compared to most other displays. You get what you pay for.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
How is it compared to the Nexus 4?

It is way better than the n4 IMO. Granted on my n4 I could see the digitizer behind the screen in any type of light.

DSCN0964.JPG

animalx

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2013
How is it compared to the Nexus 4?

The Nexus 5 is brighter, and the colors are more rich/vivid. Here's a pic I just took of a comparison photo I just did between the Nexus 4 and the Nexus 5. You can see the difference here in the pic, but in person the difference is much more discernible.

Attachments

• nexus 4 nexus 5 screen comparison.JPG
    nexus 4 nexus 5 screen comparison.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 93

verpeiler

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2013
Munich, Germany
Hmmm i have heard good things about the one especially build quality etc....but isn't there a new htc one coming out? i know you can then say ''wait for the new htc one'' but i kinda need a new phone in the couple of weeks because my iPhone 4s is really falling apart/

There's always a new version coming out "soon"... so unless you wait till spring the ONE won't be old. And there's nothing wrong with it.. it's fast, solid and updates are rolling in too.

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
I've tried doubleTwist but I think iSyncr works much better.

does it just transfer playlists on it can actually transfer your iTunes library

----------

There's always a new version coming out "soon"... so unless you wait till spring the ONE won't be old. And there's nothing wrong with it.. it's fast, solid and updates are rolling in too.

oh i guess its just the feeling of having a new phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.