Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I'm thinking of getting those

Are they that good? Do you recommend them?!?

The Blue Buds X? The sound quality is good but they keep falling out of my ears with all the tips that come with it. The weird wedge shaped thing actually makes it worse too. With the comply tips I ordered they're much better but still wont stay in place like wired earphones. They definitely wouldn't be suitable to exercise in which is what they're marketed for.

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
HTC isn't the most reliable with updates but it would be a solid choice. Personally I would go with the Note 3 hands down. It wipes the floor with any other smartphone currently out on the market.

i would but its too big to be a phone imo

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I wouldn't get the HTC One now unless you found it at a great discount. The M8 should be announced in February and available in March. I would get a phone to hold you over until the February announcements.

I'm using the Bluebuds X's. Fit is a non-issue for me but battery life leaves a lot to be desired. I can't go a week without recharging. Sound quality is great though.

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
If on a budget what about the Motorola Moto G? Not sure it's available in all markets but I picked one up a few days ago sim free in a bricks and mortar phone shop (Phones4U in the UK) for £135 brand new.

It has an excellent 4.5" screen with the same PPI as the iPhone's Retina screen, 1.2Ghz quad core processor, 1Gb RAM, 'water resistant' coating, and comes with 8 or 16Gb of storage. It runs Android 4.3 with an update to 4.4 KitKat promised in January '14.

Downsides of it are no 4G/LTE, no memory card expansion slot and the 5MP camera is pretty average qualitywise at best.

Still for the price it's an amazing phone, a very good choice if you're on a budget.

Edit: Just read that 16Gb is too little storage for you, sorry didn't read that! You do get 50Gb extra Google Drive storage free for 2 years though if that helps sweeten the deal?

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
I wouldn't get the HTC One now unless you found it at a great discount. The M8 should be announced in February and available in March. I would get a phone to hold you over until the February announcements.

I'm using the Bluebuds X's. Fit is a non-issue for me but battery life leaves a lot to be desired. I can't go a week without recharging. Sound quality is great though.

I am thinking of getting the note 3

i agree with the htc one, its old now and i can't wait till feb march for a new phone with my iPhone having all sorts of issues

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
If on a budget what about the Motorola Moto G? Not sure it's available in all markets but I picked one up a few days ago sim free in a bricks and mortar phone shop (Phones4U in the UK) for £135 brand new.

It has an excellent 4.5" screen with the same PPI as the iPhone's Retina screen, 1.2Ghz quad core processor, 1Gb RAM, 'water resistant' coating, and comes with 8 or 16Gb of storage. It runs Android 4.3 with an update to 4.4 KitKat promised in January '14.

Downsides of it are no 4G/LTE, no memory card expansion slot and the 5MP camera is pretty average qualitywise at best.

Still for the price it's an amazing phone, a very good choice if you're on a budget.

Edit: Just read that 16Gb is too little storage for you, sorry didn't read that! You do get 50Gb extra Google Drive storage free for 2 years though if that helps sweeten the deal?

nah im not on that much of a budget lol
i want a high quality device to use for 2 years!

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
I have the Xperia z1. It's a beautiful phone but the camera quality is unpredictable. One second it takes great photos, next it takes photos worse than that of a iPhone 3GS.

The note 3 is as close as to perfection as it can get. It's a monster powerhouse with features someone will find useful and has a lot of flexibility and expandability. Actually I just wrote a review up last night, hope it helps make your decision: http://www.thegeeksoffice.com/?p=1421#more-1421

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
I decided on the G2 better battery life than all the others and will likely have two years worth of staying power with the 800/330/2gb

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
I decided on the G2 better battery life than all the others and will likely have two years worth of staying power with the 800/330/2gb

i was thinking of getting the g2 but its only 16gb:(

----------

G2 or Note 3?

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
i was thinking of getting the g2 but its only 16gb:(

----------

G2 or Note 3?

I got a 32Gb iPhone thinking I would fill it to capacity but I never got over 20GB installed including movies.

I'm going to root it and put a custom ROM on it so I think I'll be able to cut the Android install size significantly we'll see though.

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
I got a 32Gb iPhone thinking I would fill it to capacity but I never got over 20GB installed including movies.

I'm going to root it and put a custom ROM on it so I think I'll be able to cut the Android install size significantly we'll see though.

Hmmm maybe 16gb may be adequete but it isn't 16gb...its less than that

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
hmm can't believe i can't make a decision!!!!!!

For me there is really only 3

GS4 active in orange

G2

HTC one

I like them all for different reasons. The one is beautiful like iPhones used to be, the G2 is silly fast, and GS4 active is more life proof. I actually have a GS4 Active on hold now then I spent hours reading reviews and changed my mind. Now I'm not sure again maybe I should just go with my first reaction.

Last edited:

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
For me there is really only 3

GS4 active in orange

G2

HTC one

I like them all for different reasons. The one is beautiful like iPhones used to be, the G2 is silly fast, and GS4 active is more life proof. I actually have a GS4 Active on hold now then I spent hous reading reviews and changed my mind. Now I'm not sure again maybe I should just go with my first reaction.

I would get the G2 but its only 16gb that's my problem.....
that's small, considering the phone take up a couple of gb before you put anything on it...so its actually like 10gb when you get it

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
i would take the Note 3 without a doubt. Got mine with the Galaxy Gear. And works perfectly with my MacBooks and iMac's ...

I have both iPhone 5S, Galaxy Note 3 and Nokia 925 at the moment and the Note 3 is the best. I love my 5S, but at the moment it's only for "looks" because it's absolutly beautiful - But the real working horse is the Note 3

Gadgetgasm - SUPER cool features and the S - Pen is brilliant.

The HTC One is also good looking but the camera is a joke in my oppinion.

Hope we someday will see a real business phone from Apple - Would be cool and probaly better. But at the moment, they just have a really good phone and that's it.

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
i would take the Note 3 without a doubt. Got mine with the Galaxy Gear. And works perfectly with my MacBooks and iMac's ...

I have both iPhone 5S, Galaxy Note 3 and Nokia 925 at the moment and the Note 3 is the best. I love my 5S, but at the moment it's only for "looks" because it's absolutly beautiful - But the real working horse is the Note 3

Gadgetgasm - SUPER cool features and the S - Pen is brilliant.

The HTC One is also good looking but the camera is a joke in my oppinion.

Hope we someday will see a real business phone from Apple - Would be cool and probaly better. But at the moment, they just have a really good phone and that's it.

I have ruled out the note 3 because it's just too big sadly

maybe i should perhaps get am iPhone 5s...screen is really small though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.