Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
calc

Well, I made one. ill post a pciture if someone wants the files let me know and ill post em. I just realized the the picture has the + sign orange, it isnt always like that. i just have it selected

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,751

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Well, I made one. ill post a pciture if someone wants the files let me know and ill post em. I just realized the the picture has the + sign orange, it isnt always like that. i just have it selected

Looks like the graphics are corrupted :confused:

But still good work.

Mac'Mo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
NYC
who the hell cares about an orange calculator.....ok it looks like cingular pwned my desktop....

DigitalN.

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2007
If someone actually did a skin like the classic calculator, I would quite possibly kiss them. I loved that calculator.

Sacohen

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Just Show Package Contents on the calculator widget, and drop the attached file "Calculator.png" into the "Images" folder. (And back up your widget first! Who knows what future updates might be confused by the change, so you might want to do this with a copy of the widget.)/QUOTE]

I'm not real familar with Macs yet, but I would like to use the wood skin. How do I back up mu widgets and how do I install the new skin>

Thanks;

Steve

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
Just Show Package Contents on the calculator widget, and drop the attached file "Calculator.png" into the "Images" folder. (And back up your widget first! Who knows what future updates might be confused by the change, so you might want to do this with a copy of the widget.)/QUOTE]

I'm not real familar with Macs yet, but I would like to use the wood skin. How do I back up mu widgets and how do I install the new skin>

Thanks;

Steve

Ok, download the skin to your desktop and make sure it is named calculator.png

Than go tomacintosh hard drive library widgets right, or ctrl, click and show package contents go to images and than find the calculator png create a duplicate and move it say to your desktop, it will proabbly ask for your password.
Than drag the new calcualtor the wood one, and have it replace the one it in, it will again ask for the password. once that is done go to dashboard and close the calcualtor and when you reopen it should be the new wood one.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
That's cool.

It's not QUITE the same as the old calc, though. Steve Jobs himself allegedly perfected the pixel art on that--it would be cool to see a true clone. (But it would take more than just a skin--the size/buttons are different.)

obesecat55

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2007
Translucent Mod

Here's my mod. It makes the widget translucent and bluish. It also requires you to replace the backlight image. You may also change the Default and Icon images. Here they are:

Attachments

• Calculator.png
    Calculator.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,350
  • lcd-backlight.png
    lcd-backlight.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,344
  • Default.png
    Default.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,360
  • Icon.png
    Icon.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,361
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,351

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Nice! I like the translucency. Makes me want to make a translucent version in the original orange color.

The icon is a nice touch too.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Just made another calculator skin. This is more thorougly made, even with a customized button layout to match the keyboard's numpad.

It also includes a unique icon for the dashboard dock as well.

Hope you like it!

Zeinth, this is by far one of the coolest. thanks

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
This is a ll very neat. But I still don't see the point of having 2 calculators. 1 on a widget and 1 regular calculator.

Thanks,
ivnj

PURCELL429

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
I made this new background and semi-transparent button scheme. When you click on the buttons, they invert. Let me know if anyone would like me to upload the new calculator images folder, and let me know how to do that exactly. You should be able to swap out the background and lcd images and still get the transparency, as I edited each button .png file in seashore.

Attachments

• calc1.jpg
    calc1.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 80
  • calc2.jpg
    calc2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 970

KristieMac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
This is such a great thread!

Thanks to iindigo and all the rest of you creative-types, I now have a pretty blue fadey calc instead of a plain old orange one.

My dashboard looks better already! :)

Macbook Matt

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2007
Hey everyone, I'm new to MacRumors and this is my first post. It seems like a great place and I am happy to join. I just got my first Mac (a Macbook Pro) a few weeks ago and I love it! This is my first widget customization, the picture on the left below this (Default.png) is what it actually looks like, but it looks even better against the semi-dark background of Dashboard, let me know what you think! Here it is:

Attachments

• Default.png
    Default.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 873
  • Calculator.png
    Calculator.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 871
  • Icon.png
    Icon.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 870
  • lcd-backlight.png
    lcd-backlight.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 874

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
You need to Get Info and change permissions to allow yourself to Write. You'll probably need an admin password.

Cfour

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
Here's my one I made from a pic of an iPod, its not toooo bad

Cfour

Attachments

• Calculator.png
    Calculator.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 769

Pucas

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2007
Woaw.. This look so cool.. - But my calculator is totally gone !! ;o

Can anyone maybe give me a link, or even send me some kind of copi of your calculator? i do pretty much need one :)

avioli

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2007
Classic Calculator was requested

I want to see a widget that looks like the classic calculator that lived in the Apple menu for 15 years essentially unchanged.

View attachment 58131

As requested: the revised classic calculator (based on the original Mac OS X calc). I installed Dashcode and fixed a little font issue which I was unable to do with bare hands :)

Ah, no M+ M- MR MC buttons :D

I can make it as small as it was, but based on the huge monitors we all have, I realized that it has to be revised.

so... here you go - compared to the basic MacOSX calc:

Attachments

• classicCalculator.jpg
    classicCalculator.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 721
  • Classic Calculator.zip
    134.9 KB · Views: 129

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
This is odd...my calculator changed fonts to a smoother, helvetica-like font. The top of the characters rests at the horizontal "line" of the display window, leaving a gap at the top.

I would post pics, but I don't have flickr or anything. The weird part is, I don't do mods or anything. So how did it change? Does anyone else have the same problem?

-=|Mgkwho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.