Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kidman13

macrumors regular
May 16, 2006
I am also really enjoying Heroes! Can't seem to get enough of it.

Lost however is starting to lose it's appeal to me, not sure why. I'll probably keep watching it, but these last episodes are getting kinda boring.

Can't wait for 24 in January!

Ps Off Topic: Smallville & Prison Break rule too.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Kidman13 said:
Smallville & Prison Break rule too.
Smallville is awesome, but what's with Green Arrow? Prison Break, I dunno about this one. How convenient Michael and Sucre are able to suddenly free themselves under the waterlog just as the plot requires of them.

Heroes is good, but the time-traveling Hiro punches so many holes in the time paradox, it might be mistaken for swiss cheese. It's getting better, but once NBC orders season 2, you can bet the writers are going to scramble to stretch out this whole nuclear explosion plot to Lost-like proportions of ridiculousness.

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
Hiros

spicyapple said:
Heroes is good, but the time-traveling Hiro punches so many holes in the time paradox, it might be mistaken for swiss cheese. It's getting better, but once NBC orders season 2, you can bet the writers are going to scramble to stretch out this whole nuclear explosion plot to Lost-like proportions of ridiculousness.
I bet they stop the nuke, but can't catch the killer. And half of them will turn out to be villains. Or they fail, all dying memorable deaths, except for Hiro who survives to make more swiss cheese. You know those fabulous fiighting Petrellis are going to eventually end up on opposing sides.

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
She appears to have a "darker" alter-ego that can take over either at will or under stressfull situations. (All the heroes seem to be able to tap their powers more easily under stress.)

It's not just that this alter-ego is the dark side she keeps inside, but this ego is also apparently incredibly strong. Remember those bodies that were ripped apart? She might also be invulnerable as well.

I think the interesting part is how the alter-ego has its own agenda and is aware of what's going on, even when Nikki is in control. Is Nikki the alter-ego?

Oh, and I so called that the one brother's powers is controlling *others* powers waaaaay back in E1. ;)

Hiro doesn't do anything for me and the telepath is midly interesting (I like the actor). The cheerleader is my fav as is the elder flying brother.

Seeing him fly -- and the first hero with a visbible/tangible power -- was quite the thrill. :)

I think I'd like the show more if it focused more on pockets of characters rather than trying to touch upon each of them, superficially, every epsiode. They've GOT to get these people together. It's like watching paint dry.

Kidman13

macrumors regular
May 16, 2006
spicyapple said:
Smallville is awesome, but what's with Green Arrow? Prison Break, I dunno about this one.

I actually really really enjoy the Green Arrow character. I think it's a very cool addition to the cast.

And yeah Hiro is one of my least fave characters of the show (as of now cause the future Hiro does look like sooooo badass), so I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see.

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
I am currently watching the marathon. I originally decided not to watch, because I was sure it would get canceled. Didn't even know what day or time it was on. But now that it's been picked up for an entire season I guess it deserves a chance. I missed the first ep but just finished the second. My judgement? Look at all the beautiful people. Some of it's pretty corny, but I like Hiro and the stripper with the violent alter ego. Kinda hard not to think of X-men every second your watching this thing. At least it's a hell of a lot better than crap like Mutant X.

There is a page on IGN that compares the heroes with comic book characters: Heroes and Their Comic Book Counterparts.

Hiro is cool. He, along with this coworker, always make me laugh. I also like the blonde chick, and I suspect that her son has some power that will be unveiled later in the show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.