Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
dubbz said:
Hmm... I don't really see much difference between the fonts on the screenshots and the fonts on my system now. :confused:
To me, I do notice a clear difference. Vista's text smoothing seems a lot sharper. I guess it depends on the person...

On the topic. I guess this would be a nice feature for Windows (when it works, of course), espeically when you consider the ammount of background applications in Windows, and the ones you're not even aware of.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
dubbz said:
Err.. what? Trademark issues? why? Windows have a force-quit feature (obviously not named the same) right now. And the OS X force quit is pretty much like the Unix 'kill' command... and even if not, it still whouldn't be a trademark issue.

when i say trademark issues, i meant it as actually call it that. Just sarcasm though.

C

CompUser

Windows "force quit" thing should not be called force quit because it never quits the program when ever I try to use it. It usually just ends up freezing the whole computer.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
BlizzardBomb said:
It's amazing how he can use the insult "you retards" when he doesn't even start a single sentence with a capital letter... :eek:

because pressing the shift key is a real mark of intelligence. what a remarkable ability. i mean writing blogs and forum messages with pristine charm has equal importance to, let's say, writing doctoral dissertations. :rolleyes:

while i agree that there's a lot of idiotic crap out there, nit picking someone for not using capital letters on an informal medium is rather petty.

signed,

someone who is also too lazy to use caps

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
CompUser said:
Windows "force quit" thing should not be called force quit because it never quits the program when ever I try to use it. It usually just ends up freezing the whole computer.

Exactly, that is frustrating. The worst part is if you have some open documents from other programs that you have not saved yet.

The windows version of the spinning beach ball of death.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
iBlue said:
because pressing the shift key is a real mark of intelligence. what a remarkable ability. i mean writing blogs and forum messages with pristine charm has equal importance to, let's say, writing doctoral dissertations. :rolleyes:

while i agree that there's a lot of idiotic crap out there, nit picking someone for not using capital letters on an informal medium is rather petty.

signed,

Agreed. I see no reason to insult the author of that post on munkle's site. I think that he presented a well documented and intelligently reasoned explanation as to why Windows is ten times ("an order of magnitude") better than OS X. It would seem to me that his primary point that Windows was superior because allowed for so many options to avoid using Windows. My only area of confusion was one of why, since he finds circumventing Windows itself to be of such importance, he would fail to recognize the benefit of using OS X, which circumvents it completely. I will look for further enlightenment from him in future posts.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Hahahaha! Thats great!

Comment from link said:
"there are zero apps on the mac that i like"

I guess you are not an artist. some people are just regular joes.

ARRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!! THAT IS SO NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Sorry, I guess I should take my anger to that "Misconceptions about Macs thread".

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
iBlue said:

signed,

That's odd. I don't remember saying "That person can't use caps! He's sooooo stoooopid!" you just assumed I thought he was stupid.

I know pressing the shift key isn't a real mark of intelligence so anyone should be able to do it, even a 6 year old could! Also it doesn't matter whether it's informal or formal. When you're on holiday, writing a postcard to a friend you don't suddenly go "Hey, this is informal, no point doing capital letters then!".

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
BlizzardBomb said:
That's odd. I don't remember saying "That person can't use caps! He's sooooo stoooopid!" you just assumed I thought he was stupid.

it was implied. i just thought pointing out something as trivial as capital letters was a bit silly and petty, so i pointed that out. ;) :p

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
Is it silly to refer to the poster as an idiot based largely on the words he/she used to present her/his support for MS's OS and his/her disdane for Apple and all users of Apple products?

To get back on topic, I'm sure that if we looked closer we could find several solid reasons to call that particular Vista user an idiot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.