Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GP-SE

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
iPhone 6s here, when I installed 9.3 my battery life was terrible, the worst it's ever been. After installing 9.3.1 my battery life has gotten better, but still not as good as 9.2.1

With 9.2.1 I could go a day and a half between charges, with 9.3.1 I have to charge every night, 9.3 I had to charge mid day.

I always update through iTunes, never had any battery issues before, using a TSMC chip if that matters.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
*sigh* No...hence "restored and setup as new phone".

You restore the OS..then it gives you the option to setup as a new phone once the restore is done. Selecting this sets the phone up like it just came out of the box.
Wel, you did mention restoring with a backup as well, so it kind of threw it off a bit. But sounds like you went through the appropriate troubleshooting.

Reactions: dcp10

dyt1983

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2014
USA USA USA
OTA update from 9.3 to 9.3.1 on both a 6 and a 6S+ ... perfectly acceptable battery life on 9.3 has deteriorated on 9.3.1. Overnite the battery drains to under 50% on the 6 and sometimes shutting the phone down on the 6S+. I normally don't leave it on the charger overnite because it normally would still be at 98-100% in the morning. My cellular iPads seem to have a similar issue. The phones have different apps from each other and the iPads, and I didn't update the apps until yesterday to see it made a difference, and it didn't. Guess I will have to leave them charging overnite now on.

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
OTA update from 9.3 to 9.3.1 on both a 6 and a 6S+ ... perfectly acceptable battery life on 9.3 has deteriorated on 9.3.1. Overnite the battery drains to under 50% on the 6 and sometimes shutting the phone down on the 6S+. I normally don't leave it on the charger overnite because it normally would still be at 98-100% in the morning. My cellular iPads seem to have a similar issue. The phones have different apps from each other and the iPads, and I didn't update the apps until yesterday to see it made a difference, and it didn't. Guess I will have to leave them charging overnite now on.

It's not just the cellular iPad's either. My WiFi iPad Mini has to be charged every 3 days now...used to go a couple of weeks with my very light use.

halofan56

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
Has anyone noticed any unusual battery drain. I noticed yesterday I went from 100% to 45% in just a few hours. I went to notification area all necessary things running in background. The biggest was the lock screen was running @ 72% then dropped down later to a normal 15%......

Reactions: xoAnna

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Can you post your battery stats?

I haven't noticed any unusual drain on my end. I'm on iOS 9.3.1 on a 6s Plus.

My usage and standby times aren't close at all so my battery seems to be fine. And as far as usage goes, the stats on my end line up with what I recall using in the past 24 hrs.

In the last 24hrs, my battery lasted me a total of 6.33 hrs of total background and foreground usage. My game accounted for 36% of my battery drain and it's somewhat intensive, lots of animations, music, sounds, and cellular data usage. Next up was safari coming in at 16% and then notes at 11% which I spend a lot of time reading news sites and taking notes at work. I did have to charge my phone today but I suspect that my game is what drove me to charge my phone for a much longer time than usual. Most days, I go without charging at all well into the morning-early afternoon.

Last edited:

halofan56

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
Has anyone noticed any unusual battery drain. I noticed yesterday I went from 100% to 45% in just a few hours. I went to notification area all necessary things running in background. The biggest was the lock screen was running @ 72% then dropped down later to a normal 15%......
Can you post your battery stats?

I haven't noticed any unusual drain on my end. I'm on iOS 9.3.1 on a 6s Plus.

My usage and standby times aren't close at all so my battery seems to be fine. And as far as usage goes, the stats on my end line up with what I recall using in the past 24 hrs.

In the last 24hrs, my battery lasted me a total of 6.33 hrs of total background and foreground usage. My game accounted for 36% of my battery drain and it's somewhat intensive, lots of animations, music, sounds, and cellular data usage. Next up was safari coming in at 16% and then notes at 11% which I spend a lot of time reading news sites and taking notes at work. I did have to charge my phone today but I suspect that my game is what drove me to charge my phone for a much longer time than usual. Most days, I go without charging at all well into the morning-early afternoon.
I really can't at this time......

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Utter nonsense. You better get your phone to the Apple store for a checkup. I have an AW as well and my phone goes days without being plugged in. Don't you get tired if dreaming up your fiction?

This is my battery life with very light usage.Namely posting on Tapatalk,some FAcebook usage and half an hour of web browsing and with Apple Watch constantly connected
b578765fb566766321824c9616baefe3.jpg

So sorry if I find your claim of your iPhone lasting for days with Watch connected incredulous

People wanting a larger battery doesn't indicate some sort of a battery issue. .
Is that why the Galaxy S7 was made thicker by Samsung to fit a larger battery?

You know why?Because the S6 had similar battery life to the iPhone 6 and Samsung customers complained like we are doing now with Apple.Now the question is.Will Apple,like Samsung, listen to its customers?

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
Terrible battery life on my 6S+ since the update to final 9.3 and 9.3.1. I want 9.3 Beta 3 or 5 back :(
I'm at 8hrs/15hrs when it hits 20%.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is my battery life with very light usage.Namely posting on Tapatalk,some FAcebook usage and half an hour of web browsing and with Apple Watch constantly connected

So sorry if I find your claim of your iPhone lasting for days with Watch connected incredulous

You know why?Because the S6 had similar battery life to the iPhone 6 and Samsung customers complained like we are doing now with Apple.Now the question is.Will Apple,like Samsung, listen to its customers?
This isn't a discussion about Samsung or larger batteries. Nothing but irrelevant deflections it seems. Sounds like the points that I've made earlier stand up fairly well since only unrelated deflections can be brought up in relation to them.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I'm with you. I don't visit this forum much. Rarely post. However, since the most recent update, my battery is getting destroyed in standby. No one app is using much either. It all started with the most recent update. I've never had battery issues with any other version (or any other iPhone). My usage hasn't changed. The only variable that's different is the OS update.

Just plugged my phone in at 12% and it's 4pm. Typical day usage, I could go to bed at 10pm with over 20% left.

Use this method on link provided. It worked for me...

http://www.imore.com/battery-life-problems-iphone-se-heres-fix

1. Press and hold down both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time.
  2. Keep them held down until you see an Apple logo.
  3. Let go.

Battery life returned to normal

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
This isn't a discussion about Samsung or larger batteries. Nothing but irrelevant deflections it seems. Sounds like the points that I've made earlier stand up fairly well since only unrelated deflections can be brought up in relation to them.
You made a statement saying that people demanding a bigger battery doesnt mean they have battery issues (a contradicting statement).Well,the same thing happened with Samsung and guess what the company took customer opinion?

Reactions: lolkthxbai

Suspended
Nov 19, 2015
You made a statement saying that people demanding a bigger battery doesnt mean they have battery issues (a contradicting statement).Well,the same thing happened with Samsung and guess what the company took customer opinion?

Isn't this thread about posting battery life on iOS 9.3? Or has it been changed to Samsung Vs Apple cramming in a bigger battery debate since I last visited yesterday?

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011

Your phone seems to be suffering from poor signal strength. When you have low signal the battery gets consumed a lot more to connect to the cellular data towers. Apart from having no coverage, Google Search, and Flipboard, were any of the top apps in that list also showing low signal?

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach

Fix your weak cell signal and your "battery problems" will go away.

Reactions: lolkthxbai

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
We are taking about battery issues, not about wanting a bigger battery since if there are battery issues even a bigger one won't last long, right? One has nothing to do with the other. Just deflections trying to focus on something else because there wasn't an argument that could hold up originally.
[doublepost=1459883502][/doublepost]
Isn't this thread about posting battery life on iOS 9.3? Or has it been changed to Samsung Vs Apple cramming in a bigger battery debate since I last visited yesterday?
Some people often try to deflect and spin the discussion into something else when there really isn't a point on topic to be made or that could hold up.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
i'm getting TERRIBLE battery on iOS 9.3 onwards.
First time I've had to charge midday for my phone. Since iPhone 3g...
iPhone 6 unlocked 128gb

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
What are you battery usage stats?

it was at 40% battery an hour ago..
with 2 hours and 20 minutes usage and 4 hours of standby.

I went to the apple store over the weekend...and they said my battery health was 99.7% with 179 charge cycles....they refused to replace the battery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.