Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonDigital

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Is Ghost Armor easy to install?
Quite frankly I was never going to take the chance. Threw the kid a fiver at the stand in the mall to hook it up. Figured it was worth it and it sure was. Kid told me if it ever scratches or peels or anything just come in and he fixes for free.

Jnava420

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Can't beat a naked iphone, I had ghost armor on the sides and back and a Zagg Hd on front, got a warranty replacement because GA switched to a single piece back instead of the 3 piece which is what I had, anyways I just peeled all that off and the front because I don't want a case friendly front,

I have a genius appt tomorrow morning so am going naked with this one hoping for a replacement, I'm not gonna lie its gonna be tough putting those protectors back on, the glory that is the iphone design can only truley be appreciated naked

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Quite frankly I was never going to take the chance. Threw the kid a fiver at the stand in the mall to hook it up. Figured it was worth it and it sure was. Kid told me if it ever scratches or peels or anything just come in and he fixes for free.

I need to find a stand like that once I'm able to find a i5 in stock.

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
On my slate 32GB it is prone to hand and cheek grease like stains on the back and the front glass, requiring a clean microfiber to fix. Seems to show these oily stains more prominently than the 4 did. After few days I promptly returned it to the local retail carrier store.

The return was prompted more by Sprint sucking.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
On my slate 32GB it is prone to hand and cheek grease like stains on the back and the front glass, requiring a clean microfiber to fix. Seems to show these oily stains more prominently than the 4 did. After few days I promptly returned it to the local retail carrier store.

The return was prompted more by Sprint sucking.

So you returned it because you didn't want to clean it?

Edit: never mind, read your other posts and saw you didn't like your carrier either.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
My black iPhone is holding up really well. Been in my pocket naked since launch.

Tree are tiny imperfections in the chamfered edge, but everything else is perfect. I'm thinking of taking a black marker to the chamfered edge.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I have the rear sticker still on. I only carry it in my left pocket with nothing else in it. I wrap it with a microfiber cloth when it's inside my pocket. I don't rest it on bare surfaces so I either use a folded tissue or the microfiber cloth.

My case won't get here until next Thursday so that's how I'll carry on with it until then.

35ofqh.jpg

cthree87

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
I used a screen protection film on my 4 and 4S and placed it on surfaces face-down. Works like a charm, looks naked without being completely so and also reduces glare which is less of a problem for the 5 than the 4 and 4S.

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
I was walking my dog yesterday evening on an unfamiliar street, and I stopped to look at the Maps app to see if the cross street would take me back to my vehicle. Suddenly, the automatic sprinkler system of a resident's home turned on and a powerful spray blasted me in the side of the head. I have no idea how my iPhone didn't get wet, but it didn't. I'm so glad that I wasn't startled into dropping the phone.

iPhone 5 is still naked and looks great, but I ordered Applecare+ when I got home. :D

Either you are extremely short or this was planned by that resident and you might find yourself on Youtube.
Timed sprinklers have always caught me off guard and sprayed me at waist level never shot directly at my head.

Eeko

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
I was walking my dog yesterday evening on an unfamiliar street, and I stopped to look at the Maps app to see if the cross street would take me back to my vehicle. Suddenly, the automatic sprinkler system of a resident's home turned on and a powerful spray blasted me in the side of the head. I have no idea how my iPhone didn't get wet, but it didn't. I'm so glad that I wasn't startled into dropping the phone.

iPhone 5 is still naked and looks great, but I ordered Applecare+ when I got home. :D

I have nightmares about situations like this.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Either you are extremely short or this was planned by that resident and you might find yourself on Youtube.
Timed sprinklers have always caught me off guard and sprayed me at waist level never shot directly at my head.

Unless he was a little farther away than next to a sprinkler since they shoot up.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX

I'm 6'. This sprinkler one was one of those that shoot a stream over a distance, and it was well into the yard rather than at the edge. It was a big yard. The water probably got me on on the descent. I did wonder if the homeowner (or his kid) was watching and activated it manually. I thought about calling the city since we have watering restrictions in place at that time of day. :)

ninjaspymaster

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
I was very very very lucky. Less than 48 hours after getting my phone it dropped about 6 feet from a locker onto concrete. I thought that the bezel may have been chipped slightly but can't see it anymore so might have been dirt. I'm amazed. I know I won't always be that lucky but that must say something about the build quality. See no reason to own a case. Might get a matte screen protector for the sole reason that I like the feel.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I haven't gotten a case yet, but I already have noticed two small scuffs on the back. Are people really using a Sharpie on it? I won't be able to get a case for a couple of weeks and really don't want to use my Sharpie on the phone. If the phone was even just a few months old, I wouldn't be so OCD about the scuffs. Part of me is thinking about checking into an exchange for the white model.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008

I asked at the Zagg booth in the mall here, they wanted $10 to install just a back film. Plus the $25 for the back only.:confused:

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
Mine was flawless and still is. Thing is I see it as a dust magnet. Everytime I got it out of my pocket I see more dust than I ever saw with my 4S.

That being said, the polished part of the bezel tends to get some stuff stuck to it. I sometimes look at my phone and see what seems to be a little scuff or a chip. I rub with my finger and it stays there. I rub again and it suddenly moves a bit. I rub again and nothing, can't get it out. After rubbing a little more it disappears. It's like if small particles got stuck and looked like marks while they're not. Crazy. LOL

I noticed the same thing. I'm like scratch scratch scratch...nvm ritz crackers crumb

JonDigital

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Coral Springs, FL
I asked at the Zagg booth in the mall here, they wanted $10 to install just a back film. Plus the $25 for the back only.:confused:
I've heard bad reviews on Zagg. Personally I don't think it matters. If your not putting a protector on the screen I think you are safe either way. I personally hate front screen protectors as they take away from the Retina Display and just feel unnatural when fingering the phone. Yeah I went there.

bencjedi

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2010
I kept the plastic from the factory on mine.

Snuck a pair of scissors under the top corner on the front and sliced off the section where the speakers is. Like some insect in a cocoon it is starting to peel off on the back only(though I stick it back). Free protection! and on bubble-free (on the front).

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
This will be the first iphone of them all that i probably won't put a case on. Sadly though even though i baby'd the thing for 4 days prior to receiving my screen protectors in the mail, somehow, someway a small one inch scratch showed up on the screen. Nothing really visible at all with the screen on, and you have to tilt in in the light to see it with the screen off. But even still it should not have happened..The thing was in my hands or pants pocket for 4 days and nowhere else...There was nothing in my pockets with the phone and i made sure of that.

Either way though still going naked..Got my SGP Oleo in and the screen protector is 10x better than the last time i tried them on my 4s. I also ordered the Glass one for when after this two pack i got wears out..

OTher than that i am going with the icarbon white skin for the back and thats it

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Is Ghost Armor easy to install?

my GF uses her naked, but leaves it in her purse so we got ghost armor on the front/back and sides from a stand in the mall. The guy said they replace it for free if there is ever any issue and we can upgrade for $5 if she gets a new iphone. Took about 10 minutes for them to do it, but well worth it IMO

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Iam not gonna take my phone outside til my colcasack and siliconecase + glass.t arrives.

Yes im paranoid.

Btw. I hate cases. HATE EM ALL.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Have a screen protector on mine, that's it. Fell 4 feet onto concrete during an incident I'm not willing to talk about that wasnt my fault :mad: but no damage to it. Still looks like when I took it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.