Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baton69

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
Just won't work under Mountain Lion

Hi!

I've used your presets for a long time under Lion and they've worked wonderfully. But now when I've updated to Mountain Lion it just doesn't work anymore. The workflows won't start on their scheduled time in Calendar and it won't even work when I use Batch encode (finder) on a specific file. It just doesn't do anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is and what to do about it? I've tried reinstalling already and it didn't do any difference.

msamamc

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
@HACKERJL: I am not sure what causes it and I can not view the file to see what went wrong. This was happening in Lion I just updated to Mountain Lion and only had the problem with 1 out of 8 files. That is not bad but what I have to do is duplicate each file before I try to rename them so that I do not have to redownload them again.

More background info:
Files are originally .mp4, I use better finder renamer to make the file name suitable and then I use Batch Rip * Add TV Tags (filename)

@baton69 I had that problem if you open automator after running the service manually it might tell you the what the problem is. For me it could not find the original files so I reinstalled them.

^^ CoolMacLover

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
On A Apple
FairMount v1.1
FairMount is a free tool that allows decryption of DVD content on the fly for a convenient access. FairMount does not perform the actual decryption, it simply forwards the data to VLC Media Player which is used for decryption - thus, VLC Media Player must be installed for FairMount to work. Install in /Applications.
Note: (there is no need to install DVDRemaster that comes with the package)

So now instead of using their site (Seeing how the software was merged with DVDRemaster) we go to say cNet to download 1.1?

Also I'm getting Fairmount VLC library errors :( I've tried 64bit and 32bit Version 2.0.3 but same issue :(
Edit: I had to find v11.1.1 or whatever it is. link here

Last edited:

AndyPanerai

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Overview tag

Hi,

Is there a way to add the movie overview also to the m4v file ?

When i use : Batch Rip • Add Movie Tags (Filename).workflow i'am getting the correct movie name / Cover and Chapters but i also want the movie overview (plot of the movie).
Like this :

Overview

A fleet of ships is forced to do battle with an armada of unknown origins in order to discover and thwart their destructive goals.

Is there a way to do this and add it to the file ?

when i use the app identify it will add all the info, i hope i can be done with automator.

Thanks.

WindFreak!

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Problem I'm seeing

So I have a problem on everything that I am encoding. It is making 8 copies of everything before it moves on and does the next file. I am using downloaded mkv's from multiple sources and every time it does this.

I am using a nas as my source and destination directory but that has never caused any problems and performance is still awesome.

Any sugestions? I'm running mountain lion and I want to say this problem started with mountain lion.

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Is there a way to have movie files moved to a different directory after they're encoded? Not the output files but what was converted. I.e. if I rip to "Movie Rips" and "TV Rips" and then run the batch encode, I want the movies moved to a "completed" folder when the script finishes.

TogaForComfort

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2012
So I have a problem on everything that I am encoding. It is making 8 copies of everything before it moves on and does the next file. I am using downloaded mkv's from multiple sources and every time it does this.

I am using a nas as my source and destination directory but that has never caused any problems and performance is still awesome.

Any sugestions? I'm running mountain lion and I want to say this problem started with mountain lion.

I had the same issue on Lion, Are you using the same version of MKV Tools as mentioned in the guide? I found using a newer version resulted in multiple copies.

Also, has anyone noticed, when tagging movies id the movie title ends with a "t" then the file name is missing the t. e.g. "heat" becomes "hea"

skal725

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
@mac.jedi, first thanks from a newbie on such a great post! I was referred to this one by another user for my question around encoding.

I am trying to use the instructions, and realize these were done 2-3 years back and not sure if there is a newer version of the utility and the corresponding applications. For example, I could not get to Fairmount install as that has been acquired by Macdvdripper, and so the utility fails without finding a Fairmount install (unless I am doing something incorrect).

Any thoughts on:
a) if there are updates to Batch Rip Actions?
b) if there are newer packages / software that automate this process as elegantly as you have laid it out?

Thx!

melbri

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
Batch rip from file

Please forgive me if its in here somewhere. I have copied 5 BD's to a folder. Does this automatorripfrom folders? as opposed to discs?

98EXL

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
not on the moon
Mac.jedi: Great fracking tool!!

I just purchased the most recent version of Growl from the app store and I can't for the life of me figure out how to configure email notification via growl of the batch encode process. I'm sure it's something simple, but I don't see or know where to add it into growl. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Running this on Lion BTW if it helps

WindFreak!

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
I had the same issue on Lion, Are you using the same version of MKV Tools as mentioned in the guide? I found using a newer version resulted in multiple copies.

I think I am using a newer mkv tools as I downloaded that thinking it might fix it. So your saying I need an older version for it to stop doing that?

98EXL

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
not on the moon
I think I am using a newer mkv tools as I downloaded that thinking it might fix it. So your saying I need an older version for it to stop doing that?

I do believe I have the current versions of everything while VLC and Fairmount are the asked for versions. I've been having pretty good luck with everything working as-is, I just wish I had a faster machine to run it on. :)

I'm still new to OS X (2 years) and don't know if opening those applications up to check versions will eff-up my already in progress rip/encode sessions.

98EXL

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
not on the moon
Things have been running terrific so far. Only complaint I have is these errors while going through BatchRip

Code:
2012-08-28 18:19:58.188 osascript[2516:707] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
Disk /Volumes/NCIS_SEASON_4 ejected
End: Tue Aug 28 18:20:13 EDT 2012
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2012-08-28 18:20:13.881 osascript[2547:707] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types:  dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
logout

Any thoughts? It clutters things up and Id rather not have those errors.

Also was wondering when an update for the HandBrake CLI preset getting a ATV3 preset? After the DVDs are done, I'm hitting up BDs and would enjoy using that preset.

Thanks in advance

98EXL

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
not on the moon

:facepalm: It's nice to know that I can still learn things on a daily basis. I told SWMBO about your fantastic response, she laughed.

Long story short, thank you!

Testing it now. If it's way better than what the High Profile is, I'm going to be pissed, my OCD will force me to start all over again and re-do everything.

I'm still trying to figure out the email notification via Growl....its bothering me, just like those errors I posted a few posts back. Grrr

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
:facepalm: It's nice to know that I can still learn things on a daily basis. I told SWMBO about your fantastic response, she laughed.

Long story short, thank you!

Testing it now. If it's way better than what the High Profile is, I'm going to be pissed, my OCD will force me to start all over again and re-do everything.

I'm still trying to figure out the email notification via Growl....its bothering me, just like those errors I posted a few posts back. Grrr

No worries. I use growl/prowl to push everything into IOS, might be worth looking at. I thought growl mail was discontinued back a while ago, could be wrong though

edit: found this: http://growl.info/growlmail/ Looks like growl has handed it off, the link at that link to the google groups show a LOT of people with issues, so I dont think you are alone. Again, maybe look to prowl or something.

Last edited:

98EXL

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
not on the moon
No worries. I use growl/prowl to push everything into IOS, might be worth looking at. I thought growl mail was discontinued back a while ago, could be wrong though

edit: found this: http://growl.info/growlmail/ Looks like growl has handed it off, the link at that link to the google groups show a LOT of people with issues, so I dont think you are alone. Again, maybe look to prowl or something.

Doesn't seem to be that much different with my DVD test of Hackers (1995).

Actually used the Batch Rip - Rename and Tag Movie Items for the first time, damn that's great. No more Subler nonsense!

I'll look into the growl/prowl...I want to nerd it up to the next level

edit: prowl is awesome....that is way better than email from Growl IMHO...got it setup and running in minutes. :rockon:

Last edited:

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
Doesn't seem to be that much different with my DVD test of Hackers (1995).

Actually used the Batch Rip - Rename and Tag Movie Items for the first time, damn that's great. No more Subler nonsense!

I'll look into the growl/prowl...I want to nerd it up to the next level

edit: prowl is awesome....that is way better than email from Growl IMHO...got it setup and running in minutes. :rockon:

Ya, its rock solid too.

Very useful if you do something with hazel, you can literally write custom prowl notifications for each action you do. Super useful!

98EXL

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
not on the moon
Ya, its rock solid too.

Very useful if you do something with hazel, you can literally write custom prowl notifications for each action you do. Super useful!

I'm really digging Prowl, like, a lot.

I've now gotten growl running on all 3 systems here (Win7U, Lion, and Ubuntu 12.04) and I have updates on what 'our children' are doing. Thing that cracks me up the most is I get a prowl alert, I walk into the office to swap discs, and I have to wait for the disc since the alerts happen pretty fast.

It's gotten so bad that yesterday I started this whole project at my buddy's house for him and his SWMBO. I got the alert from that workflow just now saying all of the encoding was done from what we ripped last night.

It's so bad assed.....next thing to figure out it this whole Hazel nonsense....

dharvey1221

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
VLC Fairmount Errors

I stumbled onto this article and I thought I would pass it on

http://forums.macworld.com/index.ph...ipping-if-youve-installed-vlc-20/page__st__14

I listen to this quote launched fairmount and then pointed to the VLC 1.1.9

"I just placed VLC 1.x at the 'root' level of the Applications folder and VLC 2.03 withing a folder (named VLC 2) in the Applications folder. I put an alias of VLC 2 in the dock for easy launching. Handbrake then works fine. No messing with "/usr/lib/ " or installing libraries. "

You can go here and download the vlc 1.1.9 the first link and install

http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/1.1.9/macosx/

I will test tonight but fairmount is now working, havent tried handbreak. You can also add the libdvdcss pkg here.

http://download.videolan.org/libdvdcss/last/macosx/

Good Luck and hope this helps
'

gunthermic

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
All i know is running the batch rip proces I dont understand why when doing blue rays, the mkv files after selecting the correct movie name, that the file name comes out as The Hunger Games t100.mkv, instead of what I selected as The Hunger Games (2012).mkv

HackerJL

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
All i know is running the batch rip proces I dont understand why when doing blue rays, the mkv files after selecting the correct movie name, that the file name comes out as The Hunger Games t100.mkv, instead of what I selected as The Hunger Games (2012).mkv

I cant speak to what is going on, I dont do much with BluRay anything, but are you just hacking that off via hazel rule to fix it and move on?

brandonl

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
Crestwood, KY
Playlists

I've noticed that a lot of the newer Blu-Rays are using title obfuscation (have multiple titles, each just a few seconds or minutes longer or shorter than the actual film).

Is there any web service out there that can report back the exact running time of a film? Maybe query that, and tie it in to select the correct playlist when MakeMKV runs through?

Or, is there a better way to do it? I currently take my Blu-Rays and rips them using AnyDVD.

brandon95030

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2011
mac.jedi,

I noticed another issue I think is caused by Mountain Lion.

The ${audioTrack} variable doesn't seem to get set correctly. So when my job runs I end up seeing "-a , " instead of "-a 1,1" in the HandBrakeCLI preset. I use custom presets.

This ends up causing HandBrake to convert DTS to AC3 with a bitrate of 192Kb/s, which sounds really bad. It took me a while to figure out what was causing it... :)

BS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.