Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
We have a winner! ;)
Do I win a prize or something, 'cause after many years of answering that question ("Does this dress make me look fat?") indirectly or just avoiding the question, I finally told my wife "No, it's your rear end that makes you look fat, the dress merely accentuates it. <short pause>. What do you actually expect me to say?"

BTW for those boys out there who have yet to face this question: RUN!

There is no good answer. If you say "No honey, you look great!" she thinks you don't care about the fact that she thinks she's getting fat, and if you avoid the question it'll be taken as a "yes" and will usually get you a trip to sleeping on the couch. For the record, my wife laughed about it and hasn't asked me that question that way since.

BTW, it really all depends on what the OP is after. IMHO, being a jerk is no way to have a meaningful relationship with anyone, but having the confidence and insouciance of a jerk will generally get you more attention from women just from the fact that you will have more chances to ask a girl out than the stereotypical "nice guy".

Even if only 1% of women will ultimately say yes, the jerk who just asks 100 women out every month will come out ahead over the nice guy who spends a year preparing to ask one woman on a date in just the right way.

B

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Look what this thread has done to Ad-Sense!

:eek:

picture1hw0.png

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
it isn't that girls like jerks. rather, they like confidence. it's easy to confuse the two. that's my take anyway.

xtopher

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Ontario
you need to be confident and witty!:cool: next time your at a club walk up to a group of girls wearing like skirts and tube tops and act all embarrassed and say " ZOMG im embarrassed i was gonna wear that excat same thing!" then strike up a convo....

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
this is how i interpret the OP's question. time and time again, we see hot grrls running around, aka. dating, men who seem to be jerks. or maybe, men we know personally, who are jerks.

and some men, just don't get it.

there was this simpsons episode (a very old one), where this kid keeps punching the nerds and all. according to the gospel of lisa, it was the sweat.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
If you truly want to be the jerk that every guy likes then do not be rude, or a jerk or anything like that. What you do is you are sweet to them and nice and buy them things, buy only rarely. All the other times the key is not being a jerk, but just being so self involved that you really have her on the bottom of priorities.

With that said, I once tried this. If you watch Science of Sleep that basically explains every relationship I have tried to be in until the one I am in now.

I got fed up with the relations ships like in the Science of Sleep and decided why the hell not be that "Jerk" that gets the panties dropping, and the orgasms coming; or more so mine. (Please no I am not trying to offend any women, but more show my thought back then).

Where I failed. I failed in the fact that I couldn't keep her at the bottom of the priority list, couldn't keep her in the dark with my plans, couldn't keep her from knowing myself. The first day I would succeed, but by the second I would just fail. I would want to go back to myself and be caring and try to please her and make her happy.

Life lesson?: No not really. Would it have been nice to be that guy who could walk in to the room and in one flash girls were already taking off their clothes? Oh I don't know if I ever truly wanted that. What actually did end up happening is that I ended up finding myself more and accepting myself which in turn brought this:
you need to be confident and witty!:cool: next time your at a club walk up to a group of girls wearing like skirts and tube tops and act all embarrassed and say " ZOMG im embarrassed i was gonna wear that excat same thing!" then strike up a convo....
Which then led to my relationship with my girlfriend now (2 years and 7 months).

My 2 cents (maybe a little more)

xtopher

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Ontario
also i might add, GIRLS like buttholes and jerks. WOMEN like guys who care for them and romantics and providers.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Rubbish. Jerks are just... jerks. Everyone just like a challenge. There must be something interesting about those jerks that is appealing. Psssssssst.... confidence.

When a woman is serious about a guy, it's seldom those jerks that end up with her in the end. No one really wants to deal with that BS.
Bare that in mind, and please, by all means, be yourself.

my two pence on the subject.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I think you've succeeded mate. Surely by asking how to be a jerk to pick up women you have automatically become one?

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
You wouldn't want a girl who likes jerks. Trust me. Probably all you're meeting, but the good ones are out there.

It's just that most of them are already taken. Or crazy. Or gay.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Get wasted and slap 'em around. They love that. You'll know if it's working, too, if she starts telling everyone she fell down the stairs.

Ooh! Push 'em down the stairs!

:rolleyes:

Get real, buddy. NO ONE wants girls that like jerks. They are usually jerks themselves, and are what's leftover when all the good girls are taken and/or nowhere to be found.

Wait it out. Get yourself a good girl. :)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Girls also tend to dangerous felons and such.

So go rob a liquor store at gunpoint, and if you are cute enough -- you can play the girl in prison, and really get some first hand experience of what type of dangerous jerks girls like.

;)

Note: there are enough asses in the world, why do you feel you need to become one. Get rich and then it won't matter.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
also i might add, GIRLS like... WOMEN like ...
Sigh. Okay, everyone makes mistakes, whether you're a boy, girl, man, or woman. It takes a bit to figure out what traits you do or do not like in another person.

I think you've succeeded mate. Surely by asking how to be a jerk to pick up women you have automatically become one?
*golf clap*

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
*golf clap*

Golf clap you say? Never heard that before. What's all that about then?

*rushes off to consult Google*

Ok so it's either a sarcastic form of applause, used to show indifference or disdain or a term to express genuine appreciation.....or so Wikipedia tells me.
I'm going to take it as the latter in the vain hope that's how it was meant :)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Golf clap you say? Never heard that before. What's all that about then?

*rushes off to consult Google*

Ok so it's either a sarcastic form of applause, used to show indifference or disdain or a term to express genuine appreciation.....or so Wikipedia tells me.
I'm going to take it as the latter in the vain hope that's how it was meant :)

I thought it was a form of STD having to do with those loud pants ... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.