Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Okay, so I'm managed to 'track' my iPhone. Although according to UPS it hasn't gone anywhere. Still in Addison, IL. I also have yet to receive my "Your Order has Shipped!" email from apple. Its now Wednesday, I'm starting to get a little antsy...

Is it just me, or does it seem like nothing is updating? (Apple.com/UPS.com)

Unfortunately, they're on lockdown at the hub.

itsthetouch

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
what the f.

my status from apple still says preparing for shipment. Checked both UPS and FedEX and got nothing. Tried phone numbers and order number, both with and without the 2 numbers at the end.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hard-Hat-Mac

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
Philly Burbs
Go to: http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html
  • Track by reference
  • Put your phone # in under "shipment reference" or your order# minus the last two numbers
  • Put your country
  • Leave your shipper acct blank.
  • Put your zip code

I haven't recieved a tracking from apple yet, so I went this route and it show up in their system as sitting in china since the 16th, with a delivery date of the 21st.

This should be updated to reflect the fact that you need to use the phone number associated with your apple ID/iTunes account. I was going crazy when I couldn't find out why my phones weren't tracking! I have my home number associated with the account.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
what the f.

my status from apple still says preparing for shipment. Checked both UPS and FedEX and got nothing. Tried phone numbers and order number, both with and without the 2 numbers at the end.

Anybody have any ideas?

I'm in exactly the same boat...

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
See my post above. Try the phone number that is associated with your Apple ID. Worked for me after having a slight panic attack myself.

Tried that but then read this is US only and I'm in the UK so I'll have to hope the status changes and/or I get a 'Shipped' email tomorrow...

Kenjancef

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
East Providence, RI
Okay, so I'm managed to 'track' my iPhone. Although according to UPS it hasn't gone anywhere. Still in Addison, IL. I also have yet to receive my "Your Order has Shipped!" email from apple. Its now Wednesday, I'm starting to get a little antsy...

Is it just me, or does it seem like nothing is updating? (Apple.com/UPS.com)

Nobody will probably see a change in delivery/shipping status until tomorrow. Mine has been departed from Alaska since yesterday morning at 1am, but it still says delivery for Friday, so I'm not worried.

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
Nobody will probably see a change in delivery/shipping status until tomorrow. Mine has been departed from Alaska since yesterday morning at 1am, but it still says delivery for Friday, so I'm not worried.

Mine says delivery for Friday as well. Its not a big deal really, I was just expecting for the websites to be at least somewhat updated.

2 more days! :D

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
what the f.

Anybody have any ideas?

I have an idea. You will get your phone on Friday like they said.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Tracking #'s will go out early thursday morning for apple.com orders.

tato123

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2009
Apple Status changed

My apple order status just changed from "Delivers 9/21" to "Delivers 9/21 via Next Day Shipping" looks like they are starting to update their system.

Kenjancef

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
East Providence, RI
I just refreshed my UPS Tracking page, and now, under "Scheduled Delivery", it changed to "Friday, 09/21/2012, by 10:30 A.M."

That's good news for me because UPS doesn't usually get to my house until after 5pm. So I'm pretty excited about that change... :)

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I just refreshed my UPS Tracking page, and now, under "Scheduled Delivery", it changed to "Friday, 09/21/2012, by 10:30 A.M."

That's good news for me because UPS doesn't usually get to my house until after 5pm. So I'm pretty excited about that change... :)
last year mine said the same thing, and ups didn't get there till 3pm. So don't get worried if yours doesnt make it on time.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010

And there is a good chance it still will not get there by 10:30. That is just standard verbage.

Kenjancef

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
East Providence, RI
Buzzkill...

Just kidding... but I did get my Order Confirmation email from Apple this morning, I assume as well as about 2 million other people..

Just as a precaution I'm going to fill out the form to have it left at my house.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Has anyone's Package went from Alaska to Kentucky and back to Alaska?

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
mine went from New Jersey To Texas and back to New Jersey in less than an hour idk whats going on. I lve in NJ

Mine did too in about an hour AK to KY and back to AK. My otherniphone 5 went from AK to KY and stayed there.

rmcalhany

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2007
Just received an email from Apple saying 1 of my phones has shipped (although I know they both have). It's the one coming from China. It landed in Kentucky this morning.

The other phone (which Apple hasn't emailed me about yet) started in Nashville and is also in Kentucky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.