Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsasecure

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
I ordered my iPhone 5 using the AT&T App from my iPhone4S and received a 17 digit "Reference Web Order Number". No matter what I enter for UPS or FedEx I'm unable to get confirmation. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Cell #
Home #
Reference Web Order Number # (with and without the last 2 digits)
Reference Web Order Number # with W (with and without the last 2 digits)
United States
Zipcode

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
I think our phones in Nashville are getting a tour around the city. Mine says it has departed twice from Nashville? Oh well it will be here Friday!

Oh yeah, well mine arrived at Anchorage, AK then without departing arrived at Louisville, KY, then it departed from Anchorage, AK 50 minutes after it arrived at Louisville.

Take that.. mine has magical porting abilities!

bzavala

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
I found out my tracking # by entering my zip code and my cell phone number... still says "Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

But, this is weird: I only ordered one iphone but it says there'll be 2 packages.. anybody knows why?

Multiple Packages: 2

Would be great if they sent me 2 iphones though ;)

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
I still have nothing. Its preparing for shipment and has been for days... I can't find anything on UPS of FedEX but it still says 9/21.

JackSYi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Go to: http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html
  • Track by reference
  • Put your phone # in under "shipment reference" or your order# minus the last two numbers
  • Put your country
  • Leave your shipper acct blank.
  • Put your zip code

I haven't recieved a tracking from apple yet, so I went this route and it show up in their system as sitting in china since the 16th, with a delivery date of the 21st.

Dood... amazing.

Phoenixian

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Curious......

The status page for my order on apple.com shows prepared for shipment.

Saw on americanexpress.com, this morning, that I'd been charged for the phone.

Used the above procedure, using telephone number, to track shipment which shows my phone's now left Anchorage enroute to AZ.

Strange.

bzavala

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
Ok this is weird.

I found out 2 shipment #s on UPS using my phone number and delivery zip code. One shipment says In Transit - On Nashville; the other one says Ordered Processed. However, I only ordered one iphone; so how can there be 2 shipments with the same phone # as reference AND zip code?

Another strange thing... on friday, after I ordered right after 12:01 PST, I remember seeing a pending charge on my CC; Now, there is no charge at all.

So confusing! :confused:

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Anyone else find it strange that Apple's website still says "Preparing for Shipment" and "we will e-mail you ...." but searching by reference at UPS my phones have already gone from China, through Alaska, and departed to head for the USA? Does *anybody's* order on apple.com actually show tracking info yet? Or is everybody who ordered at apple.com using the reference # trick to track their order?

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
Anyone else find it strange that Apple's website still says "Preparing for Shipment" and "we will e-mail you ...." but searching by reference at UPS my phones have already gone from China, through Alaska, and departed to head for the USA? Does *anybody's* order on apple.com actually show tracking info yet? Or is everybody who ordered at apple.com using the reference # trick to track their order?

I dont think any ones says shipped on Apple.com yet. mine is still at preparing for shipment but same as you, in Louisville right now. Theyll prob say shipped tomorrow or Thursday

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I'm guessing early Thursday morning we will get a tracking from apple.

plastictaxicab

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
So I ordered mine on Friday at 3:47 am eastern time. However, when I click on my order number, the status on my order page on the Apple website is still processing items and it says it will deliver October 5th?! Anyone else experiencing this? Also, the UPS tracking by reference won't work for me.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
So I ordered mine on Friday at 3:47 am eastern time. However, when I click on my order number, the status on my order page on the Apple website is still processing items and it says it will deliver October 5th?! Anyone else experiencing this? Also, the UPS tracking by reference won't work for me.

If you didn't order the iPhone 5 within the first hour, your not getting it sept 21.

studio¹³¹

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
nice. phone number didnt work but the order number (minus the last 2 digits) did -- i wonder why my apple.com status still says its in preparation to ship?!

anyways, its in louisville and will be here on friday...

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Mines in Nashville, Tennessee

It worked after I typed in the billing phone number!

16GB/Sprint

Expected delivery 21st September.

I AM SO STOKED!

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
mines on a plane from AK but its saying end of day friday.. i thought these were suppose to be 10:30 friday?

Kenjancef

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
East Providence, RI
mines on a plane from AK but its saying end of day friday.. i thought these were suppose to be 10:30 friday?

Mine says "End of Day" as well, but UPS doesn't usually hit my neighborhood until after 5pm, so I'll have to live through others until then. Unless they know it's the iPhone 5 and they come early, but I doubt it.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Didn't it go up at 3:00am eastern time though?

Yea it did but the color and model you got could have been sold out when you Placed your order. Who knows 3:47 is right at the end of their first batch being sold out. Didn't apple sell like 5 iPhones per second?

Kenjancef

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
East Providence, RI

When you ordered it, did you happen to see anywhere that the shipping slipped to October? Even though I started the order process at 3:05am Eastern, right before I submitted, and right after, I checked to make sure the delivery date was 9/21. Not sure if you noticed...

pchalla90

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
Didn't apple sell like 5 iPhones per second?

All the reports I read said that Apple sold over 2 million devices in 24 hours. If (for now) we assume that Apple sold exactly 2 million phones in exactly 24 hours, our final answer will be an underestimate.

2,000,000 phones/86400 seconds = 23.15 phones/second.

That's an average and an underestimate. In the first hour, Apple probably sold at 100 phones/second, and that may have died down as it became night across the country. On the other hand, it being night in the US means that it's daytime elsewhere, so the sales may not have been overly elevated from 12-1 AM Pacific.

About 25 phones per second in the first 24 hours. That's ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.