Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
For Samsung, the future is here!

(yes, that is a phone)

To be honest though. I'd like an iPad that can do phone calls and sms texts.

BUT, unlike that Samsung tab, iPad would not have an earpiece :eek:
Any phone conversation done via built in speaker and microphone and that would means speakerphone mode.
When you need some private conversation, you would plug the earpod with mic.

Can't see that happening though because it would risk iPhone sales

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
Whoa! That is crazy! I remember when when cell phones were getting smaller and smaller each year. Now, we are going the opposite direction.

If the person can hold it, what is the problem?

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013
I do think that is the best way to put a finger scanner when you have a 5.9" screen phone...If they will use the same location as your lovely iPhone 5S you may be using two hands to activate your finger scanner...one hand to hold the phone and one to activate your finger sensor.
But what deserves a good laugh is YOUR 4" INCH SMALL SCREEN IPHONE, BECAUSE NEXT YEAR APPLE WILL BE THE ONLY COMPANY IN THE WORLD MAKING THE SAME 4" SMARTPHONE...:mad:

GOOD JOB HTC ONE MAX...I do like it.

Lol and next year htc might not exist.

rajat8676

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2013
It's really stupid to think this device was designed after the 5S came out. And the iPhone wasn't by far the first phone featuring a fingerprint sensor.

Nice try, kid.

It is more stupid to think that HTC would have brought it out without Apple having conceived the idea. iPhone was not the first to feature it, but first to use it effectively.

Not a good try, old man!

barryl85

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
This is what all you fandroids seem to get completly wrong!! First, first, first, first,first..... because in your mind is "first"

It matters who gets it RIGHT, not first!!

Funny how you missed the rest of my post in your quote? Douchebag

Renzatic

Suspended
Whoa! That is crazy! I remember when when cell phones were getting smaller and smaller each year. Now, we are going the opposite direction.

Yeah, because back in the day of the Razr the only thing you used a cellphone for were making calls and occasionally texting someone. This isn't the case for smartphones, which are used for a helluva lot more.

The trend hasn't always been one perpetual march towards smaller. Most people don't remember this, but the iPhone's screen was a pretty hefty size compared to other smartphones back when it first came out. Nowadays, I'd say the trend is leaning more towards bigger screens in thinner, lighter devices.

barryl85

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
No, I did not and it makes no difference if you like iOS or not. Your "first, first,first" comment says it all.

Douchebag? Yeah, ok.

How can you deny missing the rest of my quote off? You clearly did. Then you go on to say it makes no difference.

So apple have got it "right" then? Wheres the Full HD screen iPhone?

If they would allow people to use DLNA features without fleecing people out of money to buy Apple TV i'd most likely still have an iPhone.

Yeah you're a douchebag since you called me a fandroid which is far from the truth.

You don't realise one thing, i've had iOS for around 5 years so I know exactly why I use an android phone and an iOS tablet, nothing to do with being a fanboy of anything - half the people on here calling people fandroids don't realise they are more than likely talking to ex-iPhone users - there's nothing special about them.

mcphee7

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
I have a HTC phone (one) and it's monumentally rubbish. The camera sucks, the so called superior build quality sucks and the customer service is some of the worst I have ever experienced. I can't wait to get back in the saddle with an iPhone 5s

Do not buy this HTC Maximum sucky

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Why don't you go ahead and tell why it isn't?

So people can make a meaningless claim and others should prove them wrong? So I can claim that Jupiter is made of sawdust and chicken bones, and it would be your duty to prove it isn't?

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Again - the argument stated in the article is that the negative is you have to first wake the phone for the fingerprint to be read. I agree with all of you - the iPhone way is by far superior. Simply pointing out that technically, the iPhone requires the device to be woken before a fingerprint can be read as well - though the implementation is MUCH smoother given the location of the sensor.

THAT is the biggest problem with the HTC One Max. The location not only makes it awkward for you to swipe your fingerprint to unlock, but it also adds a second physical step after waking the device.

Just trying to be fair here.....everyone just calm down. :cool:

Its worse than that. the camera lens is inexplicably just above it. You will smudge your lens.

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
Another crap Android ripoff. I'm surprised Samsung wasn't first to the show.

Motorola Atrix from 01/2011 says Hi.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_atrix_4g-3708.php

can you explain what has been ripped off?

But with Apple's implementation it is a seamless step as you push the button in activating the phone at the same time scanning your finger. HTC's implementation as I read it, is a separate motion; thus, it is an actual extra step.

yes, just like Motorola Atrix.

Motorola-Atrix-Fingerprint-Reader.jpg

----------

[

Last edited by a moderator:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
yes, just like Motorola Atrix.

FWIW, I owned an Atrix, it didn't work like that, the click to wake couldn't be done as part of the scanning motion, it was two very distinct motions/processes.

The 5S is a seamless single motion (not to mention the accuracy of the reader).

vsighi

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
I have a HTC phone (one) and it's monumentally rubbish. The camera sucks, the so called superior build quality sucks and the customer service is some of the worst I have ever experienced. I can't wait to get back in the saddle with an iPhone 5s

Do not buy this HTC Maximum sucky

HTC Maximum !!! You mean HTC ONE MAX...?

For your information Troll, beginning in March 2013, the HTC One was made available to more than 80 countries...around 5 million units were sold during its first two months of worldwide availability.
Next time from your comfort of your trailer home google "htc one" and make shore you understand the HTC ONE smart phone specification.

Attachments

• 67elcona.jpg
    67elcona.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 58

Burger Thing

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
Around the World

For your information Troll, beginning in March 2013, the HTC One was made available to more than 80 countries...around 5 million units were sold during its first two months of worldwide availability.
Next time from your comfort of your trailer home google "htc one" and make shore you understand the HTC ONE smart phone specification.

So??? :confused:

Reading through the posting, I am sure that mcphee7 meant exactly what he wrote. Why don't you relax a bit and -from the comfort of your school campus- google the expression 'make sure' ?! :rolleyes:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
ick...

That's one big ugly phone...

What's with all these new finger print sensors claiming their all secure, but they allow 2 fingers or more to be registered... (that is also other people's), which to me, security wise - all bets are off..

It can't be hard to to it right.... One fingerprint sensor, one finger registered only... That's it.. no exceptions...

That's how i'd do it.......... Another convenience vs security model :rolleyes:

Better than nothing, but i'd make it perfect :) The day will come when this will happen and i'll be happy it did.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
So apple have got it "right" then? Wheres the Full HD screen iPhone?

A HD display phone? Say no more!! Clearly fandroid!
Because I don't really know anyone apart from fandroids who barks about HD display on the phones. Like your eyes are really able to distinguish the difference made by higher density pixels on the screen!!

I'm surprised you forgot to mention the removable battery, micro SD and flash support! :rolleyes:

----------

So people can make a meaningless claim and others should prove them wrong? So I can claim that Jupiter is made of sawdust and chicken bones, and it would be your duty to prove it isn't?

Well, you are the one making claims here! You said it isn't, explain why? Pure and simple!

mcphee7

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011

O.K where do I start with this little lot then?

Right, well firstly I didn't mention anything about when it was launched (I don't care). Secondly, I didn't mention anything about how many they have sold because, you guessed it, I don't care. Lastly, I didn't mention anything about specifications.**

Also, and to help you along a little bit, I'm perfectly aware it's called the HTC One Max. I, on the other hand brilliantly labelled it the HTC Maximum Sucky, ya know, for a joke?

Anywho I own a HTC One and my point still stands. It's rubbish.

**I will mention specs now though. This ultra pixel stuff they are pushing? The worst camera on a smart phone in the last 5 years. It is constantly out of focus and there is a blur spot on every image. You can't polish a turd brother and whichever way up you look at it 4mp is not enough.

I really enjoyed your post but I particularly enjoyed the irony in me being called a troll!. Fabulous.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
O.K where do I start with this little lot then?

Right, well firstly I didn't mention anything about when it was launched (I don't care). Secondly, I didn't mention anything about how many they have sold because, you guessed it, I don't care. Lastly, I didn't mention anything about specifications.**

Also, and to help you along a little bit, I'm perfectly aware it's called the HTC One Max. I, on the other hand brilliantly labelled it the HTC Maximum Sucky, ya know, for a joke?

Anywho I own a HTC One and my point still stands. It's rubbish.

**I will mention specs now though. This ultra pixel stuff they are pushing? The worst camera on a smart phone in the last 5 years. It is constantly out of focus and there is a blur spot on every image. You can't polish a turd brother and whichever way up you look at it 4mp is not enough.

I really enjoyed your post but I particularly enjoyed the irony in me being called a troll!. Fabulous.

Sounds like an Apple sheep who didn't get his iPhone. Really, the worst camera in the last 5 years?

Clearly, you are full of it. While the HTC One has low megapixels, it has a good camera.

Here is a comparison of the iphone 5s, htc one, lg g2, galaxy note 3, and xperia z1's cameras:

http://asia.cnet.com/smartphone-cam...-galaxy-note-3-vs-sony-xperia-z1-62222509.htm

It stands up pretty well to the other 4, and with 4.3 now out on most versions, it's far better then it was when it launched.

Honestly, I doubt you even own an HTC One and just want to hate on android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.