Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Chundles said:
I want in a phone:

- Good reception (I live in Australia and don't have to worry about which provider I use etc so don't whinge on about your foreign companies and which ones you would like.)

- Large clear colour screen with a very bright backlight (things just look better in colour and the backlight is for the sun, I bought a Nokia 3120 in Canada and it's impossible to see the screen in our sunshine).
- NO Camera.
- NOT a flip-phone.
- Long battery life.
- Simple and easy to use UI.
- Very simple button layout with clearly delineated and easily operated buttons.
- Small and light.
- USB syncing with iCal and Address Book - NO bluetooth.
- NO internet access.
- NO email functionality.
- iTunes built in.

Basically I want this to be a very simple mobile phone with the added ability to play music if I don't feel like taking along another gadget (to work, to dinner parties, to uni etc.)

I'm with you on this...I'd much rather have a phone that does one or two things well, instead of a bunch of extra gadgets that I'll never end up using.

Sadly I think most companies include extras like a camera or wireless access because it'll appeal to more people and they won't have to produce multiple models. Oh well.

C

CompUser

Original poster
I hacked it already. Everyone knows that Verizon cripples the BT.

I did this accidentally in a way. I was trying to get my contacts to sync, and I ended up making it able to transfer music and pictures onto the the phone.

First turn on BT and click "Find me"

On my powerbook I turned up BT and browsed for devices

The phone shows up on the list of items.

The phones tells you to type in a Pin #
Randomly I tried 0000,1111,2222,3333,etc. When I got to 7777 it worked. Then my PB said to type in a Pin# so I typed in 7777 and it connected.

Below is what shows up on my PB screen. I can now put music, ringtones, etc onto it. I'm so happy :).

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 63

Linam

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2005
I would seriously buy a razr v3i if it came in any other colour except that dirty silver looking colour.

Linam

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2005
Seriously the brushed metal looks like some one did not clean a railing for 20 years. I need something elegant but must not be modded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.