Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fendri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
Any presumptions for Apple Shares. I see rather good fall for some time and just keep asking myself whether they will stay at rates or rise. (After presenting the new iPhone)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They will fall as they usually do and then they will go back up as they usually do.

UAV

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2015
why would you care? do you own apple stock? if you do you do much better with samsung stock as it has been on a rampage as of late. even better if you looking for something that really goes up look into bitcoin. i just got a few more on saturday paid 575 per coin and today it's up 607 per coin. no that is some serious returns a 32usd gain in less than 48hrs can't beat that not even with gold.

fendri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
well, I might have shares or just curious, but in overall you should know that when launching a new device, specially -iPhone, you could earn some cash (or loose). But in this scenario as already seen the presentation of iPhone 7, I might see rise in 15 to 18 % in quarter base.

Last edited:

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
They went down a bit right on 10:00 AM, from those moms and pops and then went up.

Now what?

UAV

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2015
as of right now apple is -2.39% sammy at .09% so even with the battery issue and apple with the new iphone sammy is doing better atleast stock wise.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
as of right now apple is -2.39% sammy at .09% so even with the battery issue and apple with the new iphone sammy is doing better atleast stock wise.
Apple's stock goes down on announcements. Nothing new. And you are talking about percentages related to a change on a single day basis, which often doesn't really say much one way or another.

phoneme

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Apple's stock goes down on announcements. Nothing new. And you are talking about percentages related to a change on a single day basis, which often doesn't really say much one way or another.
i agree but if you looking to make real money your looking in the wrong place if your looking for it in apple stock. right now nothing is even close to getting the returns that say bitcoin will give you. in the past 12hr bitcoin has gone up 25.00usd i have never ever seen that happen to apple stock.
>>https://btc-e.com/

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i agree but if you looking to make real money your looking in the wrong place if your looking for it in apple stock. right now nothing is even close to getting the returns that say bitcoin will give you. in the past 12hr bitcoin has gone up 25.00usd i have never ever seen that happen to apple stock.
Doesn't quite seem that we are really talking about ways to make money or something like that, simply discussing the effect of a new announcement on the stock of a particular company.

phoneme

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
another -2.26% at close friday. stock is now down to about 103-104 mark it was at about 108-109 mark before the keynote.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
another -2.26% at close friday. stock is now down to about 103-104 mark it was at about 108-109 mark before the keynote.
Pretty much the usual kind of stuff that happens with it when announcements are made.

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
LOL did you just say Samsung is doing better then Apple stock Wise???
Samsung is currently valued at $178B on the stock market. Apple is currently valued at $556B. It's not even remotely close.

UAV

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2015
wow sammy stock falls a few percentage point and everyone starts reporting that the stock is plummeting. apple stock falls by more than 5 percent points and no one says a word. well lets look at today gains from both companies. i made sure to take the snapshot while showing the current date and time. for thoes looking for a way to spin it.
here they are as of right now and i hate to tell you apple fanboys but yup sammy is still up higher than apple even with the batter issues. a strong 13usd gain. i'll take that to bank anyday of the week over apple stock 2.84 gain. keep in mind we are at "macrumors" lol...

Attachments

• stock1.jpeg
    stock1.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
wow sammy stock falls a few percentage point and everyone starts reporting that the stock is plummeting. apple stock falls by more than 5 percent points and no one says a word. well lets look at today gains from both companies. i made sure to take the snapshot while showing the current date and time. for thoes looking for a way to spin it.
here they are as of right now and i hate to tell you apple fanboys but yup sammy is still up higher than apple even with the batter issues. a strong 13usd gain. i'll take that to bank anyday of the week over apple stock 2.84 gain. keep in mind we are at "macrumors" lol...
The thing to keep in mind is that there's really nothing really unusual going on there, and trying to read something into it one way or another is basically analogous to finding animal shapes in the clouds.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Any presumptions for Apple Shares. I see rather good fall for some time and just keep asking myself whether they will stay at rates or rise. (After presenting the new iPhone)
they go up, they go down. Its really a fickle situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.