Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thiagodiabreu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Hello guys,

Do you know if there is any way to bypass the iCloud activation in iPhone 6?

My dad passed away a few months back and when I decided to go through his things I found his iPhone. His email address registered in iCloud was his previous company`s email, so I have no access to it. The company probably erased his iPhone since he had the highest position within the firm and this cellphone probably had a lot of confidential information.

I was thinking about trying to make a Jailbreak, but I guess you need to have the iPhone activated to start the jailbreak, so I have nothing now...

Well, hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
1. If there were a way to bypass iCloud Activation Lock, telling you how to do that here would be violating the rules. There are no exceptions to this rule for the myriad sob stories that have been concocted over the years.

2. I don't buy your story. It's your details that don't sound authentic. It may be true but it's not the first time I've heard it here - in different variations of course.

3. Why are these kinds of questions always posted in the jailbreak forums? Why do people trying to break iCloud activation lock never post on the actual iPhone forum? Is it because the people asking the question think that us shady and corrupt jailbreakers will have the answer? Or be sympathetic? Or even be familiar with breaking locks because we jailbreak and that therefore makes us experienced in that sort of thing?

Always curious why asking the question in the open iPhone forums is never the option taken. But I believe we all know the answer. Asking the already gray area jailbreakers how is less risk than asking the goody-two-shoe people who run stock and would never dream of doing an illcit thing such as jailbreaking.

Finally jailbreaking has nothing to do with defeating a security measure designed to protect people's privacy against theft.

thiagodiabreu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
1. If there were a way to bypass iCloud Activation Lock, telling you how to do that here would be violating the rules. There are no exceptions to this rule for the myriad sob stories that have been concocted over the years.

2. I don't buy your story. It's your details that don't sound authentic. It may be true but it's not the first time I've heard it here - in different variations of course.

3. Why are these kinds of questions always posted in the jailbreak forums? Why do people trying to break iCloud activation lock never post on the actual iPhone forum? Is it because the people asking the question think that us shady and corrupt jailbreakers will have the answer? Or be sympathetic? Or even be familiar with breaking locks because we jailbreak and that therefore makes us experienced in that sort of thing?

Always curious why asking the question in the open iPhone forums is never the option taken. But I believe we all know the answer. Asking the already gray area jailbreakers how is less risk than asking the goody-two-shoe people who run stock and would never dream of doing an illcit thing such as jailbreaking.

Finally jailbreaking has nothing to do with defeating a security measure designed to protect people's privacy against theft.

A simple "No, there is no way to by pass activation lock" would be enough, eyoungren, but thank you for all your hate! The reason why I came to this forum is because people who jailbreak know how the software works and might be able to help me.

You can question my story the way you want to, but this is the truth. I`m trying to find a solution because I have an iPad and an iPhone in my drawer and I think it is a waste to throw them away. Mainly because my father paid for them on the past.

Anyway, I have made a huge search this afternoon and found out that there is no way to bypass the activation code. What I will do is contacting the company and try to activate a new password through their email.

Please close this thread. Thank you.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
If you bring the iPhone and the receipt (or other proof of purchase) to an Apple Store they should be able to help you.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
There's no software hack of JB that can bypass that. Its an anti theft feature.
But like said above bring the receipt and fathers death certificate to Apple and explain what happened.
They should be able to assist you as long as what you stated above is valid.

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
You could try and contact Apple. It's a long shot but you never know.

You haven't stated your intent for getting into your dad's phone..which seems a little fishy. What are you trying to recover?

Either way..Contact apple. None of us can help you here. Good luck.

Reactions: Applejuiced

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
closing this thread down, since there's no way around the iCloud lock and its pointless in keeping this open as the thread will degenerate into accusations and arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.