Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
If you ruled the world, and have ruled the world for quite some time, do you think it'd be a better place, or would it be more messed up than it is now? :p

I mean, sure, I guess my ego tells me that if the world were mine, and I was giving orders, things would be much better because I'd make sure that the environment was cared for (I'd basically want to run the world the way Canada or one of the Scandinavian countries is run, because that seems to work), but realistically, there must be some sort of weird balance in this world that would make it impossible. Say if I could improve one thing a lot, another part of the world would be totally off-kilter and messed up. :p

Anyway, I'm having one of those "God, I can't believe people can be so stupid. If I was in charge, this sort of thing couldn't happen"-type of moments.

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
If I ruled the world, I'd quit in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be able to deal with the stress of knowing that one decision made by me may well end all of mankind as we know it. But even then, I'd daresay that five minutes ruled by me would be good for the world. And if not, well...its only five minutes, how much damage could I do?:eek:

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
If I ruled the world

I would most probably make an awful cockup and try to hide it by blamming it on anyone else like i normally do ;) But until that happens, it would be fantastic

Are we saying that this is human powers or God-like powers??

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I'm a realist. People talk about incompetent politicians and horrific tyrants, oh man. This world would be begging for a crooked, conniving, self-serving, embezzling politician to take over when I got done.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Picture 1.png "...imagine that imagine that..." Picture 1.png

:eek: So I'm the only one who read the thread title and heard that song? :eek:

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Well, if I were to rule for just one day:

Acquire money, somehow, then invest in swiss bank accounts. The next day you'de have a little more. Easy money? I would hope so.

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
I'd use george bush as my coffee boy...there would be no death penalty and everyone could do whatever they want without going to jail..unless its bodily harm of another person or stealing.. anythign else is fair game.:eek:

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I'd use george bush as my coffee boy...there would be no death penalty and everyone could do whatever they want without going to jail..unless its bodily harm of another person or stealing.. anythign else is fair game.:eek:

Let me be the first to light your car on fire with no one in it. I didn't steal and I didn't cause 'bodily harm'. You may want to rethink this no jail thing.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
There are many other fine tunes on offer. I am revising my will.
Looking through the list, there are indeed some top tracks on there. But Barbie Girl by Aqua, Snooker Loopy by Chas 'n' Dave or the theme from Eastenders? Imagine being at a cremation and watching the coffin going down to the Dum! Dum! Dum-dum-der-der-der-dum! :D

Hang on a minute – the theme from Dad's Army is on there too! :)

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Looking through the list, there are indeed some top tracks on there. But Barbie Girl by Aqua, Snooker Loopy by Chas 'n' Dave or the theme from Eastenders? Imagine being at a cremation and watching the coffin going down to the Dum! Dum! Dum-dum-der-der-der-dum! :D

Hang on a minute – the theme from Dad's Army is on there too! :)

Reminds me of Peter Sellers' funeral. He had arranged for Glen Miller's 'In The Mood' to be played - he absolutely hated it.

I just realised I've managed to get from Secombe to Sellers, all we need now is a Milligan reference for the set!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.