Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Mine is pristine.....no signs of wear-and-tear, no scratches, dents or marks either on the glass or on the aluminum. That said, I'm an adult who lives alone with no children, no pets.....right there that makes my home a little safer for my Macs, iPad and iPhone! :D

billg02176

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
The apple iPad case

I just bought an iPad and looked at the incase one for 59 dollars and after speaking with a very good Apple sales person opted for the Apple case and really like it

It's sturdy and it has the Apple logo on it and makes the Ipad look very sophisticated! :)

Most importantly, it does the job for $20 less!

circularforward

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I'm another one who uses the Apple case in a Timbuk2 laptop messenger. I used to carry my mbp in it, along with other things, but now just the ipad and other things. =)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Tried 7 different cases - finally landed on the Yoobao slim and a Crystal clear screen protector. Really like the Yoobao slim!

osxnewbe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
I keep the iPad in either an incase sleeve or the apple iPad case. I carry that inside a net book case I bought at target which allows me to carry a charger, ear buds and a mifi and it's charger. It's a semi-rigid case so I think it does a decent job protecting the iPad.

The netbook case doesn't hold the iPad snug in place when it's naked but I could probably but a piece of foam the size of the iPad to take up the extra space (maybe 1/2"?)...

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Ever since receiving the Macally Bookstand, I have used it exclusively. When I need to carry a few other things along with it... I use this Targus case:
Targus-CityGear-Netbook-Case.jpg

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I used to have a Clear Coat full body skin, then I had an SGP Carbon back cover.
I got fed up with both - not because they were bad products(they were excellent), but I grew out of the extreme babying stage I always go through, whenever I get a new piece of tech. :D

Now, if I'm out and about, then it goes in the Apple case. It's genuinely naked at all other times though.
IMO, the Apple case really is the best case. It retains a very slim profile, protects well, and the stand/typing features are excellent. The only negative thing about it, is that does attract a little too much dust, but a quick wipe with a damp cloth clears that up.

ethen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2005
I never use a case, just a sleeve, case adds extra weight when you are holding it, gets tiring after using it for a 8 hours flight :p

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Thanks everyone for contributing to the thread. I've gone and ahead and purchased the Apple case and admit am a big fan of it...

However, though i;ve seen people walk out and about with their ipad in just that case...i'm not one to do so.

I hate to admit that I'm becoming a fan of the muzetto leather bag. The 10inch personal size seems a bit dainty to me, but wouldn't mind the 15inch version just in case I need my MBP. The reason i'm iffy about it is cause I'm not a fan of messenger bags...however that muzetto is speaking to me. But it's sold out and kinda expensive....

So now am on the lookout for something to place the iPad in the Apple Case in, for when i'm heading out the door and gotta hold it in my hand when walking to my car, at work, school....etc.

skullnbones

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
I have the Apple case and keep it in my messenger bag or backpack as I'm out and about. I like the Apple case because its thin and works as a multiposition stand. The thin profile lets me get lots of other stuff in the bag.

I agree. I have tried a number of cases, based on some negative comments about the Apple case.

First, I tried the Yoobao V2 (bonded) leather case. It's heavy for what it is, and doesn't double back flat, so is annoying to hold. The iPad also tends to slip down (despite the flap holding it in) when placed upright. It is also quite bulky.

Secondly, I tried (and still have, for more adventurous outings), the Otterbox Defender. It offers great protection, but not only does it weigh a tonne and is very thick with the cover on, it has left some marks on the rear of the iPad. Mine never exhibited the "oil slick" pressure problem unless I deliberately applied pressure.

Third was a cheap eBay flip case with magnets holding it in place when folded back, but it was flimsy and started to wear even after less than a week. I gave it to my mum.

Then I just went out and bought the Apple case Saturday last. It is great, offering good protection, even to minor impact, as the edges which some feel are sharp (they are not) can absorb some shock. Its rubbery feel makes it easy to grip, it will accept the photo adaptor, it is light, and it is nice and thin, to slip into my MacBook bag (a 13 inch STM Scout messenger-style bag).

I don't think I'll use the Yoobao case, just the Apple case and the Otterbox for army deployments or exercises.

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
I have the Apple case and keep it in my messenger bag or backpack as I'm out and about. I like the Apple case because its thin and works as a multiposition stand. The thin profile lets me get lots of other stuff in the bag.

This....I really like my :apple: case.

Jude

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
For carrying it around, I have this:

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-CityGear-Netbook-Netbooks-TSM097US/dp/B002N8726W

41-sQBBAEdL._SS350_.jpg

iPad fits in it like the bag was made for iPad. It's perfect. Has an extra slot for an Apple bluetooth keyboard, or a note pad. Has a few pouches for charger, wallet, phone, whatever.

As far as my case goes, I just have the Apple case... its the one I like best so far, but I'm keeping my eyes out for something with better "stand" capabilities that doesn't leave edges of the iPad exposed like most do.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Originally started with the Apple case and will still use it occasionally when I may be in less desirable conditions (i.e. outdoors at my kids games) as it's pretty rugged and offers good protection but for the most part it stays in a Dodocase. The Dodo has a pretty small profile, looks great, even with some wear and honestly I wanted something that you don't see very often and doesn't advertise the fact that I'm carrying an iPad.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Originally started with the Apple case and will still use it occasionally when I may be in less desirable conditions (i.e. outdoors at my kids games) as it's pretty rugged and offers good protection but for the most part it stays in a Dodocase. The Dodo has a pretty small profile, looks great, even with some wear and honestly I wanted something that you don't see very often and doesn't advertise the fact that I'm carrying an iPad.

That si something that i need. i hate carrying around the apple case when ppl know im holding an ipad.

HazChem

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2006
+1

Meever

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Apple case + Timbuk 2 messenger bag xs

It fits perfectly! It's loose enough to the point where it slips right in, but snug enough that it doesn't move around. And all those pockets. wh00t. I never leave home out it now.

pm41m

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
I'm happy with my Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad (black/wasabi) vertical messenger bag. It holds my iPad (in the IvySkin Xylo-T4) securely in the built-in iPad pocket, my Kindle, both chargers/cables, my collapsible iPad stand, my phone, my wallet, and my keys, with room left for a bit more.

Tom.Colly

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2010
Louisville
I am a big believer in modulR. It has always been between modulr and the otterbox commuter, and they are both great cases, very similar in design, great quality. I like otterbox's defender as well, but It's just so...much! If I were taking my ipad to a jungle, the choice would be simple, but lets get real, I'm...well, I'm a commuter. So, we are back to two very similar ipad case. In the end, the gadget guy in my prevails due to the potential of the modulr case. Their accessory line is fairly small now, just a "quick sand" (table top stand) and a "slim mount" (low profile wall mount). However, there is talk of shoulder straps, headrest mounts, and some sort of 3-d articulating arm with quite a bit of potential. The commuter is a great case, but the modulr case feels like an... investment.

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
When my 7" iPad arrives...

I will be carrying it in my laptop bag during the work week.

A Timbuk 2 messenger, or Backpack for the weekends

A thin sleeve when I just want to pop into Starbucks for a coffee.

This is why I really like the 7" size as it's light, takes up very little space, and is ultimately portable.

My current iPad is in high demand for use in the house by the family.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.