Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I got Keynote for free after the keynote. :p I am really impressed with this software, especially since it runs nicely on my iBook 500 with 384MB of ram. The 3D transitions blow away anything that PowerPoint offers, and the themes actually look nice.

I've only played with it, but it seems good so far.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
To ibookin'@mwny: I WENT TO MACWORLD WITH YOU, SAW THE KEYNOTE WITH YOU AND GOT A COPY OF KEYNOTE WHEN YOU DID and I made my first Keynote presentation with your iBook! I do not think it runs nicely. You've gotta be kidding. Keynote is great (and I did get a free copy) but on slower machines it's really not that great. It unexpectedly quits, the "beach ball from hell" comes up and it takes forever to do certain things, compared with PowerPoint (I know! god stop giving me *those looks*). Okay, look, I love Apple and I'm so glad I finally got a chance to delete Office for good (OpenOffice and AppleWorks are great!) but unless you've got a great machine it's SLOW. Oh and by the way ibookin'@mwny or should I call you Josh, the 128mb ram you have in that iBook is not healthy.

groundhog troll

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2002
new iapp

pict. did not display above in my first post

Attachments

• fam fuied3.jpg
    fam fuied3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 123
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.