Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FenixStryker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2014
tumblr_ndkn2bUMdI1tlv3vjo1_500.png

I need this program for school...

Someone help me please.

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
No problem. #relax

Right Click on Final Cut Pro in the Applications folder
Click on Show Package Contents
Open Contents
Open MacOS
Double Click on Final Cut Pro

Tada! leave the Terminal Window open and save often! Final Cut Pro is a little unstable at times on Yosemite.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014

I need this program for school...

Someone help me please.

Hopefully others can help you out... but maybe you could install Mavericks or what ever operating system you were using before Yosemite on a separate partition. Or you could simply downgrade back to previous operating system. I know this isn't ideal.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I know you're never supposed to upgrade immediately on a work computer, but damn. You'd think Apple would have their first party apps ready for prime-time!

FenixStryker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2014
No problem. #relax

Right Click on Final Cut Pro in the Applications folder
Click on Show Package Contents
Open Contents
Open MacOS
Double Click on Final Cut Pro

Tada! leave the Terminal Window open and save often! Final Cut Pro is a little unstable at times on Yosemite.

tumblr_ndknjsxp6X1tlv3vjo1_500.png

It's really hard to relax when this is what happened..

poematik13

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2014
This is why I'm not updating until at least Yosemite 10.10.1

I have too many apps that i depend on for my workflow ....

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013

It's really hard to relax when this is what happened..

Yeah... that's happened to me a few times. I've only ever found restarting (yes, that silly feature) to help. But, yes, you're doing exactly the same as I do:

Also, nice to see Markiplier Ha.

Attachments

• Finalcutpro.png
    Finalcutpro.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 348

FenixStryker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2014
Yeah... that's happened to me a few times. I've only ever found restarting (yes, that silly feature) to help. But, yes, you're doing exactly the same as I do:

Also, nice to see Markiplier Ha.

Alright I'll try that out. I'm just really worried right now. I feel like I should wait to use bootcamp and partition my hd. Yosemite seems like it's going to have a lot of issues. I just bought a copy of windows too actually.

And yes, I love Markiplier. <3

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
Alright I'll try that out. I'm just really worried right now. I feel like I should wait to use bootcamp and partition my hd. Yosemite seems like it's going to have a lot of issues. I just bought a copy of windows too actually.

And yes, I love Markiplier. <3

I watch his vids from time to time...

I've been running Yosemite (legitimate DP's) since DP1. Technically it's my Bosses Apple ID, and I provide him with an iOS Beta (we split the bills). Anyway, so yes, many of us have had to come up with a solution to getting Final Cut Pro to work. This was the solution I used, otherwise you can edit the plist file /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist, find com.apple.FinalCut and set HardDisabled to "No".

But many of us have it working.

Also, Windows 10 is nice and can be run in Bootcamp & Parallels. That's what I'm doing.

FenixStryker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2014
I watch his vids from time to time...

I've been running Yosemite (legitimate DP's) since DP1. Technically it's my Bosses Apple ID, and I provide him with an iOS Beta (we split the bills). Anyway, so yes, many of us have had to come up with a solution to getting Final Cut Pro to work. This was the solution I used, otherwise you can edit the plist file /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist, find com.apple.FinalCut and set HardDisabled to "No".

But many of us have it working.

Also, Windows 10 is nice and can be run in Bootcamp & Parallels. That's what I'm doing.

O-oh okay..!! Quick question where is the plist file located?

FenixStryker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2014
Ha, um... just said where it's located.

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist

I'm sorry! I'm really stupid and not exactly good at this stuff. I went to go look for core services and I can't find it!

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
I'm sorry! I'm really stupid and not exactly good at this stuff. I went to go look for core services and I can't find it!

No problem... Try this

Click on the desktop (so Finder is the program running)
Hold Shift, Command, and hit G
Paste /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/
Find the Exceptions Plist file

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
If you made a Time Machine backup of Mavericks before you installed Yosemite, you can be back in Mavericks in a matter of moments with everything running. If not, download Mavericks (if need be) and install again.

Mavericks is no longer available in the app store, so unless you previously downloaded Mavericks, you won't be able to download it anymore.

FenixStryker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2014
No problem... Try this

Click on the desktop (so Finder is the program running)
Hold Shift, Command, and hit G
Paste /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/
Find the Exceptions Plist file

Okay! So I realized I made a mistake on my part, but regardless I did get to the plist file

tumblr_ndkpnwf8n11tlv3vjo1_500.png

I know you said to change HardDisabled to "no" but uh did you mean erase that and put "no" or...?

rmg1976

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
Sounds like you have a hacked version of Final Cut - because with the update that was released bringing Final Cut to 10.1.3, it works just fine.

Don't complain stuff doesn't work when you've stolen it! (presumably) lol =)

Last edited:

FenixStryker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2014
Sounds like you have a hacked version of Final Cut - because with the update that was released bringing Final Cut to 10.1.2, it works just fine. See attached.....

Don't complain stuff doesn't work when you've stolen it! (presumably) lol =)

Yes because it's so funny. *******.

markiez

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2008
Simple Solution

You need to update FCPX to the current version 10.1.3. Your old version will not run on Yosemite. 10.0.8 the version your running is 4 or 5 updates old. That's why is doesn't work.

Hopes this helps.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Can't you just upgrade to 10.1.3 ? It's working fine on Yosemite for me so far.

EDIT: Wow, sorry for being redundant, others posted nearly at the same time.

rmg1976

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
The update only shows up in the app store when you have legally purchased the software. Considering the OP is quite a few updates behind, it seems pretty obvious he is running a stolen version of the program and cannot update it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.