Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Now that my AT&T iPhone is unlocked what can I do with it. I have no settings to change the APN and MMS settings. Sounds like the iPhone Configuration Utility doesn't work right with iOS7 either to override it there.

Traveling in November and want to use data at least.

FlyUnlock.com

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Now that my AT&T iPhone is unlocked what can I do with it. I have no settings to change the APN and MMS settings. Sounds like the iPhone Configuration Utility doesn't work right with iOS7 either to override it there.

Traveling in November and want to use data at least.

Insert the new SIM card and wait for the auto-config file that you will get from the new carrier. Works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Hackiphone is working just got mine unlock earlier today

S-url.ro sent me an email Saying it would take 24 hours to unlock my AT&T iPhone but it's been 36 hours and it's still locked. I wrote them 3 times and no body responded to any of the messages from the beginning. Even the AT&T unlock page on their website is no longer up. How did you get a response from them?. If they can't do it, I would like to get a refund so I can do it through hackiphone.

Edit: he just replied saying it should be done soon. Will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I got a few emails saying the new servers are up and stuff, I for one have a bad feeling that just like in the very beginning this is people trying to up charge and make money again, you either have access or you dont, cost should not differ. anyone find anything cheap? I have like 8 phones to do

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
I got a few emails saying the new servers are up and stuff, I for one have a bad feeling that just like in the very beginning this is people trying to up charge and make money again, you either have access or you dont, cost should not differ. anyone find anything cheap? I have like 8 phones to do

Supply & Demand....What do you expect?

In a few weeks the real sources will still be selling. Right now there are cheap services, but you get what you pay for. (Referring to the person above who has been waiting 36+ hours. S-Url uses Indians who are calling in. They've lowered their price but can't handle the work.)

Here's a reliable and stable unlocking service:

$33.

1-12 Hours. Guaranteed.

Thank You.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

8? Reseller or shop?

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
People who are not in need of unlock immediately can wait for prices to drop.

I for one do not need unlock right now. I will need it when I will sell it next year same time.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
If you don't need it right away, what's the point of ordering instant? Like unless you're going overseas tomorrow. That or you already are overseas and don't have another phone to use.

Protip: Most of these "instant" services are actually 1-6 hours. Cellunlocker and Swiftunlocks have them for 30. If you can wait a couple of days, you can also look online for other suppliers who are doing 22-27.

henryonapple

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2012
If you don't need it right away, what's the point of ordering instant? Like unless you're going overseas tomorrow. That or you already are overseas and don't have another phone to use.

Protip: Most of these "instant" services are actually 1-6 hours. Cellunlocker and Swiftunlocks have them for 30. If you can wait a couple of days, you can also look online for other suppliers who are doing 22-27.

if you are trying to sell your phone that you claim in unlocked, you are better off using instant.

saud0488

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Supply & Demand....What do you expect?

In a few weeks the real sources will still be selling. Right now there are cheap services, but you get what you pay for. (Referring to the person above who has been waiting 36+ hours. S-Url uses Indians who are calling in. They've lowered their price but can't handle the work.)

Here's a reliable and stable unlocking service:

$33.

1-12 Hours. Guaranteed.

Thank You.

"in x amount of time, the real sellers will still be up"

That is the tagline for EVERY small time unlocker in the world. Look, there are only a few direct sources in the world. Probably less than 10. EVERYONE goes through them. The direct sources are probably selling for a few bucks but there's a few middlemen, all of whom have to make a profit. I've been hearing that line for well over a year. Sure for a time (last weekend) the bigger sellers stopped selling, but that was more because they couldn't handle the load of getting thousands of unlock requests. Slowly, but surely, they are all coming back. I went from paying a high of 33 last weekend to paying 20 today. I've bought about 15 in the last 5 days.

And I'm not sure what "you get what you pay for," means. It's the same product. One might come a little bit later, but again I've bought instant from some bigger sellers who still claim 24-48 hours. If anyone gives you a quote lower than that, they're lying to you. I guess if you need it faster it makes sense to pay more, but other than that....why pay more?

----------

if you are trying to sell your phone that you claim in unlocked, you are better off using instant.

Yeah or unlock before selling. If unlock prices stay up then I'm sure the prices of unlocked iPhones will go up as well. That, or at least not fall as fast.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
"in x amount of time, the real sellers will still be up"

That is the tagline for EVERY small time unlocker in the world. Look, there are only a few direct sources in the world. Probably less than 10. EVERYONE goes through them. The direct sources are probably selling for a few bucks but there's a few middlemen, all of whom have to make a profit. I've been hearing that line for well over a year. Sure for a time (last weekend) the bigger sellers stopped selling, but that was more because they couldn't handle the load of getting thousands of unlock requests. Slowly, but surely, they are all coming back. I went from paying a high of 33 last weekend to paying 20 today. I've bought about 15 in the last 5 days.

And I'm not sure what "you get what you pay for," means. It's the same product. One might come a little bit later, but again I've bought instant from some bigger sellers who still claim 24-48 hours. If anyone gives you a quote lower than that, they're lying to you. I guess if you need it faster it makes sense to pay more, but other than that....why pay more?

----------

Yeah or unlock before selling. If unlock prices stay up then I'm sure the prices of unlocked iPhones will go up as well. That, or at least not fall as fast.

"Sure for a time (last weekend) the bigger sellers stopped selling, but that was more because they couldn't handle the load of getting thousands of unlock requests."

What's the reason why any "big seller" can't "handle the load of getting thousands of unlock requests."? They're not a big seller without good reason. They can handle any amount at any given time. From small to big sellers, everyone went down last week. It wasn't because the amount of requests. How is today's "thousands of requests" different than last week? The access is back. The >10 direct sources lost their access. A source's link got caught and AT&T stepped up its security. Now you see sellers popping back up. That's because there is a new way to get around the new security.

"in x amount of time, the real sellers will still be up" - There was a reason for this statement. If you knew more about the unlocking business besides a few sellers in the Usa, you would know what I mean by this.

MN7119

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Had my ATT iPhone "unlocked" using swiftunlocks.com couple weeks ago but it only works with ATT sim card. Tried TMobile and it does not work at all. Interesting is that IMEI shows phone is unlocked. TMobile and Apple Store genius guy also confirmed the phone shows unlocked in their systems but it acts like it is still locked. Nobody can figure out why it only works with ATT sim cards. Very frustrating.

scotrinaf

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Blountville, TN
Had my ATT iPhone "unlocked" using swiftunlocks.com couple weeks ago but it only works with ATT sim card. Tried TMobile and it does not work at all. Interesting is that IMEI shows phone is unlocked. TMobile and Apple Store genius guy also confirmed the phone shows unlocked in their systems but it acts like it is still locked. Nobody can figure out why it only works with ATT sim cards. Very frustrating.

Might need a software reload... I'll try to remember and post the link for you tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.