Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Or move back to ATI with the "will come out eventually" Mobility 4800 series.

Yes, or that, exactly. They may be switching between the two for every update or so. The first two MacBook Pros had x1600s while we've had an 8600 GT since then.

Hey, they switch for the Mac Pros. It all comes down to who has the best processor for Apple's self-imposed power draw limits.

collegedu3

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2008
I had my laptop for over 6 months before it got nicked - and there wasn't a single scratch, bump or warp. I routinely took it back and forth from study - so it wasn't sitting on my desk the whole day.

Hence, the confusion I have over people who claim 'terrible reliability' and yet treat their thousand dollar purchase like a rugby ball. I'm sorry, but having spent my own hard earn money on this laptop, I treat it nicely and I've yet to have a problem.

Hey, wait a minute. I had my white macbook (not the same as the aluminum macbook pro, clearly), and I treated it with great respect. I kept it in my backpack in a padded case when I brought it somewhere; I never dropped it. Nonetheless, the sides of the macbook have chipped off due to what I believe to be a faulty design. I support my anecdotal story with the similar experiences of my friends.

Just because you treat your MBP well and nothing has happened to it, doesn't mean that everyone else has had the same experience.

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
Plastic , metal........ personally I'm not that fussed as long as the new ones don't chip, crack, warp , dent or generally fall apart within 6 months .

Agreed. The Idea of colored aluminium sounded appealing as well. Is that an option? It would certainly be different... Oh! BLACK!

Off topic a little but why do folks write this? , I've seen this before ............ please stand by your personal preferences dang nammit :)

haha, I do stand by my preferences, I Just don't want to argue about them, or make anyone feel Like I'm trying to force my own beliefs onto them ;)

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Why would anything show up? It's Monday.

No, they won't be releasing them tomorrow, either.
I know. I' just waiting for news about the Intel release and how the other PC manufactures react. Sony Vaio for example is claiming to release new laptops today.

Tex.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Toshiba has noted they will not be releasing new models until September - I am guessing due to lack of product from Intel.

niceguyeddie

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2008
Let me rephrase that: Apple doesn't care enough about us to give us frequent updates.

Well I hope they update the macbook pro sharpish, like in the next month, cause I am dying to pull the trigger and make a switch from the PC.

I don't understand why Apple are so secretive about the expected updates. Can it really hurt their sales that much if they let us know when the new model is expected??

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Well I hope they update the macbook pro sharpish, like in the next month, cause I am dying to pull the trigger and make a switch from the PC.

I don't understand why Apple are so secretive about the expected updates. Can it really hurt their sales that much if they let us know when the new model is expected??

Apple wants its Macs to appear non-techy (to some extent). They want the image that what they have available right now is the perfect top to bottom solution for consumers. They're in the business of selling the computers that they currently have for sale. And the ones they have now lose perceived value if Apple says that something better is coming out. Most Apple customers don't know about Intel's roadmaps, etc.

lukechip

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
I know. I' just waiting for news about the Intel release and how the other PC manufactures react. Sony Vaio for example is claiming to release new laptops today.

Tex.

Me too. I would have thought Intel would be putting on some sort of song and dance show about their new kit.

But nothing seems to be happening.....

Also, http://www.anandtech.com is silent on the subject, which makes me wonder if anything is going to happen today from Intel.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008

me too, because then alot of people will wait and not buy the current ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.