Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g00k

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2008
its just talk... and i get an ipod touch for free u wont ...
and i am soo happy that i bought my iphone and didnt wait for the 3g ****** one

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
for now im waiting for a new mbp to come soon, im on pc still and really want a mac already so what i did today is i got a awesome apple keyboard lol just to compensate for now :) its helping me on the wait :D

just so i can have a little piece of apple for the wait :D

godzillinois

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
Sooo any new rumors or confirmations at least of WHAT kind of update we could be expecting? 2.8Ghz? New look/casing? All of the above? Just want to know what I'm missing out on since I can't wait any longer and will be buying a MBP within the week...

ManWithhat

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
Sooo any new rumors or confirmations at least of WHAT kind of update we could be expecting? 2.8Ghz? New look/casing? All of the above? Just want to know what I'm missing out on since I can't wait any longer and will be buying a MBP within the week...

2.8 gHz top end, yes. Redesign (according to AppleInsider), FSB increase, and POSSIBLY an upgrade to the integrated graphics:

from wikipedia:
*Intel is aiming this solution to be 3x faster than the GMA 3100.
*The X4500 was scheduled to be released in Q2 2008, but has been delayed until July 14, 2008.

godzillinois

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
well...crap...I just bought my MacBook Pro last night from Best Buy. Any idea what the $1999 level MacBook Pro upgrade is gonna look like?

godzillinois

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
What I meant was, if the high end MB Pro is gonna be 2.8Ghz, what can we expect/assume the processor for the low end Macbook Pro will be?

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
I just hope it will be a frvamp/frfresh. the current design needs an update bad

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
well...crap...I just bought my MacBook Pro last night from Best Buy. Any idea what the $1999 level MacBook Pro upgrade is gonna look like?

may be like the air, just around an inch thick and more ports. in black and sliver. keyboard will be backlit. if you chose a black pro, you'll get a sliver keyboard, you chose a sliver pro you get a black keyboard

these are just my thoughts

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
Exactly the same. I'd say a small processor boost with a leagues better GPU and bigger HDD.

dobut it. I'm felling a refresh and keynote to go along with it..... but this will happen the first or second week of september... just in time for back to school and even an early start of the holiday shopping season.

remember its in need of a refresh not just a pe4formance boast

cg165

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
oh baby it has blu-ray

While blu-ray is a nice idea for a laptop, I don't see it happening. Well, I guess I don't see a reason for it yet. It would be great to watch blu-ray movies and all, but on a 15" screen I'm assuming the difference between blu-ray and dvd wouldn't be all that great. Mostly I would want blu-ray for a blu-ray writer, but it's still too slow at this point and the blank discs are too expensive. I'm not saying I would mind if they added it at no additional cost though :D

spook2517

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2008
Apple wants to get this platform out asap. As I have said before, back to school time is a huge sales time for retailers. Don't expect a major update, maybe this will happen in 2009. Plus companies like Apple have access to the platform already. They won't get it on July 14th and ask now what? They have already been working on a redesign. Maybe it takes a week or two to run some test, but expect updates at least by early Aug. I don't have inside info, but I do know that Apple as a company is not stupid and would not risk losing sales because they have want to wait for a complete redesign. Be logical and think like a company that rakes in millions upon millions of $$$.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Only if the new design give it the same hardware as THIS!

Other than that and it might as well be the same.
Picture from Notebook Review. The entire bottom comes off...

Attachments

• 34508.jpg
    34508.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 83

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Picture from Notebook Review. The entire bottom comes off...

Entire bottom comes off as in it's not a flaw? As in they did that on purpose? As in they intended that to be a features so people could install RAM and HDDs and so forth easily?

If so then WOW! You miss a lot of possibilities when messing around with Apple. I'd take a machine that is a half inch thicker to be able to stick in two HDDs and have the bottom case come off for easy access.

That is the only thing that a redesign is needed for. All the cosmetic/Mac Book Air look-a-like stuff can take a back seat.

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
Entire bottom comes off as in it's not a flaw? As in they did that on purpose? As in they intended that to be a features so people could install RAM and HDDs and so forth easily?

If so then WOW! You miss a lot of possibilities when messing around with Apple. I'd take a machine that is a half inch thicker to be able to stick in two HDDs and have the bottom case come off for easy access.

That is the only thing that a redesign is needed for. All the cosmetic/Mac Book Air look-a-like stuff can take a back seat.

All the Macbook Air stuff can stay on the MBA for me , give us a nice solid lappy eh Apple

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
dobut it. I'm felling a refresh and keynote to go along with it..... but this will happen the first or second week of september... just in time for back to school and even an early start of the holiday shopping season.

remember its in need of a refresh not just a pe4formance boast

I'm doubting a case refresh. It's not in need of one. And words with numbers usually follow phonemes. In this case, per4mance. ;)

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis

It looks like the entire bottom comes off just to install the RAM. It doesn't mean you can't add anything else though. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.