Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

anon.guy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
:)

iOS 10 Developer Golden Master
Version: 10.0.1

Build Number: 14A403
Darwin Kernel Version 16.0.0: Sun Aug 28 20:36:54 PDT 2016; root:xnu-3789.2.4~3\/RELEASE_ARM64_S8000"

Release notes: https://goo.gl/fbfb9X (the best I can do at this point not being a developer)

Please report bugs to
bugreport.apple.com(a developer account is not required to do this).
Please only post new bugs, changes and bug fixes in the appropriate categories and subsections of this post.

Changes:
  • Option under Phone to Announce Calls (Always, Headphones & Car, Headphones Only, Never)
  • Swift Playgrounds is no longer preinstalled on iPad.
  • Transition to rich/full notification using swipe and view on iPhone 6 is now a much smoother experience

Bug Fixes:

• Game lag when brightness is adjusted automatically is sort of resolved. (After 3 betas constant observation)

Bugs:

• Graphical error when notifications are pulled down on 6s+
  • Graphical error (shortened textbox) of Quick Reply when in landscape mode on 6
  • During recharge while Low Power Mode is active, battery indicator stops showing progress (iPhone 6s+)
  • Zoom in Accessibility with Orientation Lock both enabled, upon unlocking while keeping iPhone in Horizontal/Landscape position, UI goes Horizontal and then reverts to Orientation Lock/Portrait Mode. (iPhone 6s+)
  • Hard Reset/Button Reset Display Glitches while it's getting off.
  • Brightness Bar for upward/Maximize doesn't work in Camera while its in Video Mode.
  • Highlights slider goes maximum reverse intensity (black shade in white areas) while it's in middle.
  • iPhone 6S Plus has spontaneously rebooted twice so far.
  • Siri: the contact sheet shown after asking "What's my phone number" is graphically corrupted and no phone numbers can be shown except my picture, name, and quick buttons (call, FaceTime, video, etc.) (iPhone 6. Possibly also occur on other devices)
  • Copying of text does not work for PDF documents.
  • Music app disappears from the screen when switching to other apps using four finger swipe.
  • No Look Up/Define for PDF text in iCloud Drive.
  • Screen occasionally and randomly turns off while using iPad Air 2
  • Occasional unresponsiveness to tap specifically, swipes still work. Rectified by locking/unlocking (iPhone SE)
  • Rotating to landscape in iMessage to use handwritting mode randomly starts audio message (seems turning off raise to listen in settings resolves it)
  • Wifi stops routing even though connected. A stop/start of wifi fixes temporarily.
Things to Watch For:
  • Star rating and invisible button. Star rating hasn't/won't come back. Invisible button still exists.

Last edited:

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Can this be updated via iTunes - I tried with Beta 8 (first beta I'd tried) and it wouldn't let me - kept kicking back error 14, so I ended up getting the profile and doing it that way. Back on 9.3.5 now and not sure if it'll be the same issue not allowing the update via iTunes (tried on a Windows and Mac machine). Thanks.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Can this be updated via iTunes - I tried with Beta 8 (first beta I'd tried) and it wouldn't let me - kept kicking back error 14, so I ended up getting the profile and doing it that way. Back on 9.3.5 now and not sure if it'll be the same issue not allowing the update via iTunes (tried on a Windows and Mac machine). Thanks.

Only way to update to GM via iTunes is with the .ipsw form the dev center and Xcode Beta. Any beta via iTunes requires Xcode.

Reactions: dalericg

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I'm still downloading. I always like the GM because it usually has everything fix plus....NEW WALLPAPERS!!!!

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Only way to update to GM via iTunes is with the .ipsw form the dev center and Xcode Beta. Any beta via iTunes requires Xcode.
Gotcha, I'll just use the profile from the dev center then and let it do it's thing.
Thanks.

Once the final (sure build # will the same) comes out, do I need to remove the profile for the updates, or do I have to "update to" 10.0 again? (Don't want to have the profile there if I don't need it later on).

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Beta 8: 14A5346a
GM: 14A403

Well thats odd, its reading it as 10.0.1. Is that beta 10.0.1 or is that final?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Beta 8: 14A5346a
GM: 14A403

Well thats odd, its reading it as 10.0.1. Is that beta 10.0.1 or is that final?

10.0.1 is what installed on my device. not 10.0

Oh noes!!!!

Just kidding. Prob 10.0 on phones that have already shipped. But they prob found something after loading them up and had to change the GM to that.
[doublepost=1473276454][/doublepost]
Does a public beta account get the GM?
Nope

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.