Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2014
That was a recurring issue in various previous betas, IIRC.
Aw man, never happened to me on previous betas. Another thing, which I never got around to reporting on previous betas (whoops), is that when I connect to my VPN while on Wi-Fi, the status bar always switches to LTE then back to Wi-Fi. Usually while keeping the AT&T Wi-Fi status there still also even though it has apparently switched to LTE. I honestly think it's just the status bar being weird and that it stays on Wi-Fi the whole time.

lineto

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2013
Using the dev profile, OTA took me straight to 14A403 (10.0.1) with no second download after coming back up. An annoying bug that I reported was fixed - the status bar no longer flashes when exiting an app that originated from opening a folder. Small but annoying, now gone.

Chris in DC

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Sorry if anyone already mentioned this, but the second iOS 10.0.1 update has the same build number as the first - 14A403. Interesting.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
I only got one update straight to 10.0.1 with dev profile installed. Deleted dev profile and shows no update. I'm assuming this is the GM.

Reactions: VSMacOne

teknologeez

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
PSA: dont try to restore your iPhone with the GM ipsw file on Windows as you will brick your phone, which is what happened to mine.
You will have to restore back to 9.3.5 then use the mobileconfig to download the 10.0.1 GM OTA on your device.

Reactions: jhfenton

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
10.0.1 is the GM. I suspect the new iPhone 7's had a 10.0GM that was an unreleased GM. I think the 0.1 release includes the latest security patches. But I'm just guessing.

Reactions: Dwalls90

teknologeez

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2016
No full download available?
there is an available ipsw file but you need to use Xcode to install it on your phone.. dont try to be like me that I was such in a hurry and didnt see the note that I have brick my phone.. I had to go back to ios 9 and then will do the mobileconfig to update to ios10

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
UK
there is an available ipsw file but you need to use Xcode to install it on your phone.. dont try to be like me that I was such in a hurry and didnt see the note that I have brick my phone.. I had to go back to ios 9 and then will do the mobileconfig to update to ios10

Yep. I did this once. Never again, always put xCode on first. It even says now when you update via ipsw on iTunes I think.

Jigga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
I downloaded the ipsw from the developer portal (I wasn't beta testing) and tried to install via iTunes and received an error 14.
Do I need to install XCode 8 or is there a way to get out of this?
My phone is stuck in recovery mode.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I downloaded the ipsw from the developer portal (I wasn't beta testing) and tried to install via iTunes and received an error 14.
There's a big note at the top of the download page on the developer site which says you need Xcode 8.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
So this is the same as beta 8 which according its dedicated thread, sucks and everything is slow and broken and stuff? :(

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
UK

Download iOS 9, then download xCode latest beta and iOS 10 latest beta...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.