Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bregalad

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Vancouver
If you really want a laugh, check out the thread about Apple removing the 10% restocking fee from the Apple Store. People are lavishing them with praise like "Apple always goes the extra mile for its customers!"

Yeah, by finally getting rid of an annoying fee that many other places don't charge? Go, Apple! :rolleyes:

Restocking fees are very important to small businesses. Without them they cannot afford to match prices of larger competitors. Apple's independent dealer network is going to be hammered by this move because margins on most Apple products are under 10%. Good luck selling an open box unless you cut the price by 10%. ooops there goes all the profit. And that's a best case scenario. If you have to take any time at all getting an open box ready for re-sale the store actually loses money.

I know a lot of people don't care about small business, but it accounts for the vast majority of employment. Buying all your stuff from a multi-national corporation takes jobs away from your country and gives them to countries in the developing world.

Dusky600

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2010
Portugal
Dear Apple, or to whom it may be concerned, has a runner id like to see Bluetooth support for Hearth Rate Monitoring System's, like Polar brand Straps etc.

:(

now can someone mail this to steve jobs ?

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
Nice to see my iPad still getting some Apple-love. I wonder if this will be the last update for the iPad v1?

The first gen iPad will still get updates. Theres too many of them out there to ignore. If you meant last update before the next one comes out though then yes i agree with you :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.