Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ratGT

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Greece & Sweden
Personal Hotspot Is Missing in iphone4s After iOS 5.1 Upgrade, did any one have solution for this. I tried all the possible way i found on net but i cant get it, plz find any.....

I got frustrated myself when the "Personal Hotspot" feature disappeared from the initial "Settings" screen when I upgraded from iOS 5.0 to 5.0.1, but after few moments I had the 'inspiration' of taking a peek at "General" --> "Network" --> and there was "Personal Hotspot"!! After enabling it from there, it re-appeared on the initial "Settings" screen!

PS. Make sure you have "Cellular Data"/3G enabled, in order for the "Personal Hotspot" to become available!

----------

Installing the update corrupted my Mobile Data settings. Hope that won't happen every time there is an update. I wish PDA makers would not guess what these settings should be.

If you mean the 'default' settings, doesn't "Reset Network Settings" 'bring them back?'

ratGT

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Greece & Sweden
Is it possible to downgrade form 5.1 to 5.0.1?

If you have an A5 device (iPhone 4S or iPad 2) at this point you can not downgrade, because Apple stopped signing 5.0.1 and allowing only 5.1 (within the iOS 5 range). If you've got an iPhone 4, 3GS or an iPad (1st gen) you might be able to, if you have saved the SHSH for your device (either trough Cydia or TinyUmbrella). If you have no idea what I'm talking about, either don't try downgrading it yourself, or do it with the help of a person you know that is into Jailbreaking...

fdot

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
Direct links---->http://ios.e-lite.org/ <----Direct links

dkTXx.jpg

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.