Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abanar

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
WiFi Issue Fixes in iOS 5?

So have they fixed some of the WiFi issues that seem to have appeared in 4.3.3 where iPhones and iPads will stop transmitting data via their WiFi connections? That is the biggest thing about iOS 5 that I have been waiting to hear about.

I know that it is really annoying to have two iPad 2s sitting side by side and one running 4.3.2 and one running 4.3.3 and the later constantly not loading pages without turning off the WiFi and reconnecting it while the former continues to work perfectly fine.

Mindgames

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2009
Man the ios5 design looks very brilliantly done, even though it looks almost the same as the previous firmwares! Apple makes ios5 look soo good though!!! :apple: In Steve Jobs We Trust!:apple:

did u really just say "in steve jobs we trust"? im sorry but steve jobs isnt even considered human to some of us.....more like the devil

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
did u really just say "in steve jobs we trust"? im sorry but steve jobs isnt even considered human to some of us.....more like the devil

Yes, damn him and his company that gives us high-quality electronics and software. The devil indeed.

Last edited:

alghawas

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
Here's the new and old Reminders icons.

Reminders%282vs3%29.png

Just incase anyone was curious.

Edit 01: I know, horrible cut out. lol.

Edit 02: Left Icon = Old (Beta 1/2), Right Icon = New (Beta 3)

Last edited:

linsam

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007
Irvine, CA
"Speed enhancements: User reports indicate that performance is significantly improved under the new beta, with a considerable reduction in lag."

I wonder if this will be true for my first generation iPad. I sure hope so.

Doe anyone out there have any input?

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom

Edit: I know, horrible cut out. lol.

Sorry, which one is the new one? I'd much prefer the one without specific reminder titles, since it generalises the app and makes the user aware that it's not just for shopping lists, but a powerful reminder tool for pretty much anything.

alghawas

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
Sorry, which one is the new one? I'd much prefer the one without specific reminder titles, since it generalises the app and makes the user aware that it's not just for shopping lists, but a powerful reminder tool for pretty much anything.

The one on the right is the new one, the one with no titles. :)

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007

was thinking the NEW is the one without Text.

Andy-V

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007

Edit 01: I know, horrible cut out. lol.

Edit 02: Left Icon = Old (Beta 1/2), Right Icon = New (Beta 3)

That should really just make it a box with a big tick in

Dainin

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009

My wife would probably agree with you, considering how much I've spent on Apple products the last few years.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Anyone fix that iTunes error 14? Going from Beta 2>>Beta 3 on 10.7

I had the same error and i started thinking the download was corrupt. It did finish very quickly for me(even at download at 2mb/s. It finished a few minutes ahead of when i thought it would so it must have been a partial download.

I just downloaded a new copy and it installed fully...

dopeytree

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone tried tomtom? It's broken on the 2nd beta

pgyanke

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
Mail in iOS5

STEVE!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!

I have been asking for this since before iOS4... Please can we have separate signatures for the separate email boxes? It is a royal pain to either have to type out my professional signature block on professional emails or erase it for emails from my personal box.

I have sent this suggestion numerous times through Apple's website and it seems so silly to even be an issue!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.