Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
We obviously knew it was fake all along.

But I mean, all that just to Rick Roll?

I'd much rather a much more elaborate fake ending.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
We obviously knew it was fake all along.

But I mean, all that just to Rick Roll?

I'd much rather a much more elaborate fake ending.

This is probably the most elaborate jb hoax i've seen lol. I love to play pranks but I can't fathom wasting that amount of time.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
His twitter posts point back to the developers. I wonder if they have anything to do with this.

wws

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
As I promised, I apologize for believing this. Kudos to the dev for rick rolling us all. Oh well, see you next time!

Xyberviper

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
This is probably the most elaborate jb hoax i've seen lol. I love to play pranks but I can't fathom wasting that amount of time.

I think that's so sad. Somebody spent a decent amount of time so that 90% of people wouldn't ever take it seriously while the gullible 10% would casually check in on it. And then everyone just rolls their eyes, while this guy faps to the idea that he spent hours and days to just trick maybe a handful of people. What a truly sad existence.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
If tomorrow I open a twitter account and say I have a untethered jailbreak for los 6... How many thousands of people will I fool??

Fools will be fools. ;)

I bet most of them still believe in Santa Claus.................

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
LOL

Account deleted

Attachments

• IMG_0148.PNG
    IMG_0148.PNG
    396.4 KB · Views: 186

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
From the DreamJB.com site:

DreamJB was intended as a social experiment. In the matter of a mere week, over 20,000 people followed @DreamJailbreak on twitter.

This website had over 300,000 unique viewers. People believed in a "jailbreak" that originally provided no proof at all.

Imagine what could have happened should this have gone for sale?

The provided proof tonight was intended as a final boost to the viewers before this message was released.

Let this be a lesson to the public. PLEASE be careful when it comes to jailbreak solutions that are advertised outside of the prominent and accepted dev teams. Do some research and follow them on Twitter now.

Dismiss any claims made by anybody, unless it has been confirmed from the dev team members.

Should a real jailbreak ever surface, they'll be the first to give it the OK.

This experiment is exactly as it was named. Simply just a dream.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.