Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Hilarious. So iOS 6 users still can't do much with their devices even after all this time. The Android dev community looks so much better after this.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Ummm, really?

That's quite arrogant. Most people never believed them.

I, myself, checked the website. Mostly to laugh and further label it as fake, but because I was looking to buy, support or believe it.

But that kind of post does lead me to believe that this website was somehow partnered with an existing dev member.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Ummm, really?

That's quite arrogant. Most people never believed them.

I, myself, checked the website. Mostly to laugh and further label it as fake, but because I was looking to buy, support or believe it.

But that kind of post does lead me to believe that this website was somehow partnered with an existing dev member.

Don't kid yourself, plenty of people believed it. And he's right, if it went on sale there would have been plenty of buyers getting ripped off. If this was an exercise to make people more aware of the dangers of blindly buying something unproven and possibly dangerous then he/they succeeded. Though I'm still not 100% convinced that that's what this was.

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009

Exactly. The whole thing was a cautionary tale to only trust well established JBers like the Dev team?!

Seems like an inside job, who else cares that much about making the Dev team look awesome other than the Dev team??

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Don't kid yourself, plenty of people believed it. And he's right, if it went on sale there would have been plenty of buyers getting ripped off. If this was an exercise to make people more aware of the dangers of blindly buying something unproven and possibly dangerous then he/they succeeded. Though I'm still not 100% convinced that that's what this was.

Really? 20K followers in the scheme of total iOS userbase isn't that large. And I can tell you myself I visited the page multiple times. Having random websites falsely report it as an actual jailbreak, also really drove up website impressions.

If you read the conversations and commenting tweets in response to @DreamJailbreak, nearly all of them were calling it out as fake ... even before the devs got involved or the video was released.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
So let me get this straight. A member of the dev team spend considerable time and energy on a fake jailbreak instead of working on the real thing?

The jailbreak scene ain't what it used to be. I always thought Musclenerd was considered the 'mature' one, he seemed to stay out of all the petty fights :/.

Of course this is assuming he was actually behind it.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
So let me get this straight. A member of the dev team spend considerable time and energy on a fake jailbreak instead of working on the real thing?

They're free people, they can do what they want. They don't owe people a jailbreak :/

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
his still looking beep as beep. spending his time faking a video, picture "proof" etc

prolly some lonely nerd all alone in his college dorm room

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

The jailbreak scene ain't what it used to be. I always thought Musclenerd was considered the 'mature' one, he seemed to stay out of all the petty fights :/.

Of course this is assuming he was actually behind it.

How is you and some of the others believing that MuscleNerd is responsible for this any different than the 20-30 thousand who got scammed by the DreamJB ?

The gullibility of some never ceases to amaze me. I guess it's lesson not learned. :rolleyes:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I don't know what you're talking about, iOS 6 has a ton of features.

Lolz... not even something like f.lux, which would be essential for nighttine reading / iPad using. Silly, unnecessary restrictions abound. Not even hardware video decoding can be used in AppStore apps.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
LOL

Account deleted
I'm sure the Twitter folks had their finger on the delete button waiting for this. Shouldn't there be some sort of smackdown for this kind of behavior? Kind of like yelling fire in a movie house.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
How is you and some of the others believing that MuscleNerd is responsible for this any different than the 20-30 thousand who got scammed by the DreamJB ?

The gullibility of some never ceases to amaze me. I guess it's lesson not learned. :rolleyes:

Thus the keyword "if."

The inability for some to understand context clues never ceases to amaze me.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Lolz... not even something like f.lux, which would be essential for nighttine reading / iPad using. Silly, unnecessary restrictions abound. Not even hardware video decoding can be used in AppStore apps.

Guess I don't use my iPad like that. Nighttime reading, I just turn brightness down to zero and browse away.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Guess I don't use my iPad like that. Nighttime reading, I just turn brightness down to zero and browse away.

Still, blue light (which f.lux essentially filters out if you use a warm filter) aren't the best to watch when, later, you do plan to sleep. And the iPad's backlight LED's, as with the LED backlight of most LCD screens, emits plenty of blue light, resulting in a significant decrease in the generation of melatonin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.