Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Turned it off just fine yesterday and re-enabled it, so it seemed ok. This morning, I will not re-enable without it being stuck on. Well, there goes my most-used feature (and the only appealing feature) of iOS 6.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Happy New Year Phil.

The new Cooked Apple.
If it doesn't just work, turn it off.
Magic.

Magic and revolutionary.

Great concept for decades.

If something doesn't work. Switch it off. Fix it and try again.
That's how things evolve.

Try it. Works for anything, not just Apple products!

Moorepheus

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Niagara Falls, NY
Really did not pay attention to my phone yesterday, but today, it's stuck in DND mode, 3 hours after it is suppose to turn off by itself.

Yes, I can turn it off Manually, but why should I, the timer said it will do it for me. I missed two important calls already this morning because of it. But, I am sure someone will blame ME for this bug becuase I should have been using something other than the "NEXT BEST THING" for IMPORTANT calls/text's etc.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
It was ok yesterday but this morning, my phone (5) and my wife's phone (4S) did not come out of DND mode. We had to turn it off manually.

bshirl

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
+1 for the DND issue

Unfortunately, I couldn't really see straight yesterday to notice if this feature was working or not; however, with the fog of New Year's Eve lifted, I'm most definitely experiencing the issue. I called into support, and after trying a few things -- including - "reset all settings" -- the problem is still there, they wanted me to do a full restore as "that usually will clear up just about any problem"
I'd been browsing this thread during the entirety of my call -- so I've opted to not do a restore at this time & just see how things play out. It was clear that the rep. I had on the phone hadn't heard anything about this & she seemed somewhat surprised when I mentioned that I was browsing this thread & clearly was not alone.

Brent

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Just noticed DND on right now, 8 hours after it should have turned off. This on a 3GS.

I wonder if cellphone traffic has plummeted today because of this?

SugaredJuggler

macrumors member
May 10, 2008
Holladay, UT
So I had issues with my Do Not Disturb on the 1st, I am also having issues today. Last night it didn't turn on automatically and this morning it didn't turn off automatically.

Really hope this gets fixed soon.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I didn't notice yesterday but today DND didn't work. I called Apple care , they know about the bug but have no ETA for the fix yet . I'm in France .

AppleMad98004

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2011
Cylde Hill, WA
+1

I am in the same situation. Everything was fine yesterday Jan 1.... But today it is stuck on. Hopefully they patch this bug soon! Love the feature and use it but no longer..... :(

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Why all the hysteria? Works fine here, and if it hadn't a simple manual intervention will fix it. Hardly a show-stopper is it.

I'm not sure there's any hysteria, but try rephrasing the problem and you can see why its comment-worthy. People who used scheduled DND may find their phones don't ring or announce sms messages until Sunday. Phones won't ring, until Sunday. That's actually a big deal.

Most people though are commenting because Apple need a kick in the ass. How can you trust a smartphone that doesn't know what time it is?

By the way, recently I had automatic time zones turned on on my phone, so after travelling, naturally my phone was unable to tell me the correct time for three weeks. Apple need to get some new programmers.

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
I made some tests and this issue will fix itself on Sunday January 6, 2013. It will happen the first few days of January 2014 (until Sunday January 5, 2014) if the bug is not fixed...

Good work finding that!

If only Apple could find it and FIX it.

I'm one of those folks who was good yesterday, but not today.
I didn't know it until I realized things were strangley quiet.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Which tells me that this isn't just about iOS or everyone would be having issues.
This is true. But besides iMessage outages, this issue does appear to be the most widespread across iDevices.

I'm not sure there's any hysteria, but try rephrasing the problem and you can see why its comment-worthy. People who used scheduled DND may find their phones don't ring or announce sms messages until Sunday. Phones won't ring, until Sunday. That's actually a big deal.
Yes no doubt many would have missed seeing the moon icon after waking up from NYE partying. But would people be that blind to not see the icon for the entire week assuming that this issue does indeed resolve itself on Jan 7?

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
This is true. But besides iMessage outages, this issue does appear to be the most widespread across iDevices.

Yes no doubt many would have missed seeing the moon icon after waking up from NYE partying. But would people be that blind to not see the icon for the entire week assuming that this issue does indeed resolve itself on Jan 7?

I only noticed it today because I was looking for it. I'm not registered blind, or stupid. I use the screen on my phone mostly in the evening, when DND is likely active, so seeing that moon icon is so common its lost all significance. I can easily imagine not recognising a problem for a couple of days more.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Honestly, you can accuse me of being a fangirl, but with Apple having an issue with some bug every New Year, there is no excuse for them. You'd think they would be more careful with their time features to make sure they support the changing of a year, especially when they have had a history of making a mistake with it. I would think it would get embarrassing at the least.

Luckily for me, this is the first time I've encountered a New Year's bug, but I know that it seems every year I read about one.

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Add me to the list. Very annoying. Don't know how to fix it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 85

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
This happened to me yesterday since I enabled the 'Do Not Disturb' feature last night before I went to bed. In the settings app, I just slid the slider to 'off.' However, my phone says 'Do Not Disurb' will be enabled again at 11:30pm tonight (I have I set to go on at 11:30pm and off at 6:30am).

cppguy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
SF Bay Area, California
It's not just January 1. It still doesn't work, regardless of what time range I set up. I've tried 11pm-7am, 1am-5am, it doesn't matter how I schedule it, it's stuck in DND permanently. The only cure is to turn DND off. I'm in San Jose, CA on AT&T, if that makes any difference.

The sad thing is that it would be easy for Apple to test these things. They have the ability to simulate any time. At the minimum they should have tested January 1st in different time zones, and daylight saving times around the globe.

skinned66

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
That really sucks. I'm glad I don't have this problem on any of my devices - I like the feature. Hope it gets fixed soon for everyone else.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
That's why we activate "repeated calls" or "allow calls from" ;)

i was referring to the device being actually off.

----------

There's always some Muppet who'll come up with an inane example to make their point. Believe it or not, people managed to live their lives quite well before the invention of the mobile phone.

and there are plenty of people that would ask how did we live our lives before the mobile phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.