Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your Battery Life better or worse?

• Yes, my battery life is noticeably better

Votes: 94 25.1%
  • No, my battery life seems to be a bit worse

Votes: 192 51.3%
  • It's too early to tell. It's my opinion that you shouldn't be able to tell yet.

Votes: 88 23.5%

• Total voters

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Battery life is unchanged on both my iPad 2 and Air. I still get in the 10-14 hrs depending on usage. If all I do is stream audio I can literally go several days. One thing I have found with any device that uses a sealed battery and starts to have battery problems is to do a hardware reset and afterwards turn off the device for 12-24hrs.

I recently had an issue with my Kindle Fire HD and the battery was draining real fast just in standby and I did a hardware reset, followed by a shutdown. Afterwards the battery stabilized.

The last thing I would suggest for battery drain complaints is to get a battery app that allows you to calibrate the battery. That also helps stabilize the battery.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
My battery life with 7.1 seems to be like 20% worse on my 5S. Now only getting 7-8hours of usage instead of 9-10hours!

rhysmorgan

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
On my iPhone 5, I had absolutely incredible battery life on the iOS 7.1 betas. Ridiculously good. Since updating to iOS 7.1 final, all benefit seems to have disappeared. Very disappointed and confused.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
on top of my battery life being noticably worse ever since i updated to 7.0, a new battery issue has appeared since updating to 7.1 in which my phone completely shuts off after it hits below 20% battery and it only shuts off when i use my cellular data whereas i can be below 20% on Wi Fi with no shut down issues... anybody else with this problem?

----------

im on a iPhone 5 16GB black by the way

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I am getting the best battery life EVER !

Moderate to heavy use , calls, whatsapp , Facebook, Safari , FaceTime and video playback (major contributor)

IMAGE_75.png

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I'm getting incredible Battery Life on my iPad 4 in iOS 7.1, this is with a whole lot of web browsing, a bit of streaming, quite a lot of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, image uploading, Flipboard etc... Haven't charged since yesterday morning:

F04MTfR.jpg

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Are you serious or just trolling about your note 3 ?
What the hell a "pro phone" is ??
I can easily go past the 6hrs of your Note 3 with my iPhone 5s in 3G/LTE, and the simple fact to have wifi always enabled doesn't mean you are using it.
Yesterday I reached 8 hrs and I was always on the go (including a 4 hrs travel) not connected to any wifi access point.
Is my iPhone 5s "pro enough" ?

By 6hrs he means it with the screen on time, on iPhone usage does not mean screen time only, it takes into account even if you are just playing music and notifications.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
By 6hrs he means it with the screen on time, on iPhone usage does not mean screen time only, it takes into account even if you are just playing music and notifications.

I don't play music on my iPhone, and I can easily pass the 6 hrs screen on, as most of the iPhone 5s user here.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
What app or jb tweak are you using to get detail view of the battery on your iPhone ?

Thanks.

Don't need any JB to know how I actually USE my phone.
I don't listen music, I browse the web, send and receive messages, send and receive mails and make phone calls: it's quite difficult to browse the web with the screen off :D

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
These are my battery stats after caning my iPhone 5 with a monster WiFi browsing session. I also had one 2-minute phonecall.
3G switched off, cellular data switched off, reduce motion on, background app refresh off, location services off and screen brightness on low.
Pretty rubbish really. The same conditions would have returned over 9 hours of usage with iOS6.1.4

Praetorian®

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Czech Republic
Guys, anyone else has this problem? On my iPhone 5, I upgraded to iOS 7.1 when it came out. About 3 days ago I noticed my battery was unexpectedly low. It was the same ever since.

It seems that my iPhone is still active even when I do nothing with it. Usually I'm using the iPhone for about 4 hours a day. Yesterday I made this screenshot. Any suggestions? I checked that all apps are closed and I tried restarting the phone but nothing helped. Should I restore?

Attachments

• 2014-04-05 11.41.19.png
    2014-04-05 11.41.19.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 147

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
My iphone battery issue got fixed after about 2 days of use and some restarts

Praetorian®

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Czech Republic
Guys, anyone else has this problem? On my iPhone 5, I upgraded to iOS 7.1 when it came out. About 3 days ago I noticed my battery was unexpectedly low. It was the same ever since.

It seems that my iPhone is still active even when I do nothing with it. Usually I'm using the iPhone for about 4 hours a day. Yesterday I made this screenshot. Any suggestions? I checked that all apps are closed and I tried restarting the phone but nothing helped. Should I restore?

Ok, I tried to restore from the DFU mode but it didn't help. I also noticed that when I'm on my homescreen a spinning wheel appears from time to time for couple seconds next to the Wi-Fi icon. As if something was using the data. What the hell is happening? I am clueless.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
This is a cellular issue as my battery is fine when I am on WIFI at home. Use does not solve this issue.

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
My battery life has been beyond horrible that last few days. I'm in a strong signal area for 90% of my day too. No games or music just texting and checking twitter and such. Email is set to fetch every hour. I'll be doing a restore tonight.
eby2a7ah.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My battery life has been beyond horrible that last few days. I'm in a strong signal area for 90% of my day too. No games or music just texting and checking twitter and such. Email is set to fetch every hour. I'll be doing a restore tonight. Image
It's not good and perhaps even below average, but it's not exactly horrible or beyond horrible really. That said, have you tried closing off all apps and/or restarting the phone to see if that might make a difference? Perhaps even resetting network settings if not all settings before going with a full restore?

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
It's not good and perhaps even below average, but it's not exactly horrible or beyond horrible really. That said, have you tried closing off all apps and/or restarting the phone to see if that might make a difference? Perhaps even resetting network settings if not all settings before going with a full restore?

Oh yeah, I've done all that. Hard reseted the phone multiple times. Heck, this is even a clean install of 7.1, I set up as a new phone when I updated. On 7.1 betas and 7.0.x I could easily get 7.5-8 hours of usage so comparatively speaking what I'm getting now is horrible.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
unfortunately this is happening to me now.

13759686603_44071b6b78_b.jpg

13759675075_0ee734701f_b.jpg

13759676225_71efa31bb1_b.jpg

These are screens from over the past week or so..I really don't want to restore because it's still lasting all day, but this is disconcerting. If I close every app in the drawer it stops the drain, so it's either a multitasking bug or something with an app. I have location services and background refresh off for most apps, btw.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
unfortunately this is happening to me now.

These are screens from over the past week or so..I really don't want to restore because it's still lasting all day, but this is disconcerting. If I close every app in the drawer it stops the drain, so it's either a multitasking bug or something with an app. I have location services and background refresh off for most apps, btw.

Closing all the Apps and turning off locations and traffic and app refresh.will boost your battery life by 3 to 4 hours but what good is having all these features and not being able to use them

bmt25

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
Got this battery problem on iphone 5s do you think it is the battery itself? Or just a ios7.1 bug? Location disabled about 1hour less lte. Background app refresh off, email push off. And

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 134

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Apple genius said 'they are aware of the battery drain issue'. Let's see what happens when the next patch comes out. There is no solution at the present time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.