Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i doubt they are just sitting around doing nothing.. hopefully working on the update till the very last minute of release.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
:mad:Another disappointing day.. APPLE HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE???? They have been working on it sense November.

----------

Yeah but next week will we be crying or jumping up and down were so happy?

if they rush it out, you would complain about the bugs.

so sit tight. nothing was promised. no reason to be disappointed

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Those of us who can't run betas are starting to get pretty damn frustrated.

I've never understood this, not as a personal attack against you, but as a big gap in trying to understand others perspectives.

Where there's a will there's a way. If you really can't wait and you don't have proper access you should get your hands dirty (it's not rocket science) instead of getting frustrated to, quite literally thus far, no end. Doing the same thing, shouting at the Tim cook gods, and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

I've been happy as hell on this set up coming up on 2.5 months or so now. Maybe even more than GM seeing as how they keep making arbitrary additions nobody asked for or anticipated with new builds

beosound3200

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2010
I've never understood this, not as a personal attack against you, but as a big gap in trying to understand others perspectives.

Where there's a will there's a way. If you really can't wait and you don't have proper access you should get your hands dirty (it's not rocket science) instead of getting frustrated to, quite literally thus far, no end. Doing the same thing, shouting at the Tim cook gods, and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

I've been happy as hell on this set up coming up on 2.5 months or so now. Maybe even more than GM seeing as how they keep making arbitrary additions nobody asked for or anticipated with new builds

i also never understood how could someone give quotes from fps games :p

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Our friendly thread was closed because it got too big.

So anyway, here we go again! Will it be today? Or next week? Who knows!?

Those of us who can't run betas are starting to get pretty damn frustrated.

You'll be even more pissed off once it's out and not much has changed lol

Belmont31R

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2012
if they rush it out, you would complain about the bugs.

so sit tight. nothing was promised. no reason to be disappointed

People like me who paid good money for current gen hardware are disappointed because of 6 months of a terribly buggy user experience. Then, six months from now, another set of new hardware comes out. So we'll have at least 50% of an entire generation of hardware that has been the worst user experience I've ever experienced on iOS.

Then we have people on here act like we should just be happy with it and like we're rushing Apple over this when they've been allowing customers to deal with crap software for half a year and haven't barely addressed the issues. Even out of the gate there iMessage issues and that's the only thing they've fixed. Part of the reason I've kept buying Apple products is stability and 'they just work'. iOS 7 has destroyed that notion, and they're taking their sweet time bothering to fix it.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Rolled back to 7.0.6, it feels so buggy!! Also, the old green color of the FaceTime, Messages, and Phone app.. horrendous, can't believe I thought it looked ok.

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
Rolled back to 7.0.6, it feels so buggy!! Also, the old green color of the FaceTime, Messages, and Phone app.. horrendous, can't believe I thought it looked ok.

Exactly how I feel. I downgraded a couple days ago. Feels so unstable.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Or they can just wait a few more weeks since we've all been dealing with the stability issues anyway and release a finished product.

Software is never finished. EVER. However they could have released a much more stable iOS now and fixed fringe issues later. Stability is paramount above all else. Other features DONT MEAN ANYTHING WITHOUT STABILITY.

This is something that should have been fixed months ago. Instead we got 7.0.x for facetime calls and for 7.0.5 for China. Yet crash crash crash for 6 months.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
That we're all impatiently waiting for 7.1. Why? B/c 7.0 was not ready for prime time. We're experiencing things that I thought should only happen on Android.

I've now learned my lesson and when ios 8 comes out I'll wait at least two months before upgrading... :rolleyes:

THIS!!!!! I'm with you...

Apple NZ

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
New Zealand
I'm looking forward to the release soon. I'm getting more crashes and resprings on the 5s recently.

Although I'm not looking forward to the old "Safari is snappier" jokes. It's so lame and doesn't add any value to the discussion here on macrumors.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY

Same here. I would've stayed on 7.1 beta 5, but I felt the SSL bug was a big enough problem to downgrade.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
Same here. I would've stayed on 7.1 beta 5, but I felt the SSL bug was a big enough problem to downgrade.

I went from B5 to 7.0.6 for a couple hours and couldn't stand it.....Back on B5 and loving it. The SSL bug is what, 2 years plus old? B5 is worth it, it is buttery smooth and doesn't crash.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I went from B5 to 7.0.6 for a couple hours and couldn't stand it.....Back on B5 and loving it. The SSL bug is what, 2 years plus old? B5 is worth it, it is buttery smooth and doesn't crash.

It may be 2 years old but more people know about it now and there is a higher risk. I'm sure the odds of data getting stolen are very low, but better safe than sorry IMO.

Last edited:

alsawa2

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2013
There is no betas any more!

It's golden master version or public release!

And we will see it monday

Hola

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
If 7.1 isn't released today I shall stomp my foot and boycott using my iPhone for a solid five minutes. Come on! Who's here with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.