Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Ikea catalogue knows something...

Attachments

• Schermata 2014-03-08 alle 08.48.54.png
    Schermata 2014-03-08 alle 08.48.54.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,710

gpc17

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2010
True dat. Probably monday release ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 193

dsiiist

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
This is making me wonder if this: "You win some, you lose some. (I still think iOS 7.1 is imminent, but was wrong that the new Festival app would require it.)" is true hmm.......... THERE IS STILL HOPE

Last edited:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
If you want to keep this thread open and for it not to be closed by a mod, keep on topic please and stop talking about nominating posts!

lulumink

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Ok, if the developing and releasing speed go like this, I expect this thread to have a Part Trois.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps there's an explanation related to the change to daylight saving time happening this weekend (in the US at least): iOS often had some timing/alarm type of issues associated with time or year changes, so perhaps Apple
didn't want to release it before the time change to make sure there are no issues with that?

Last edited:

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
Perhaps there's an explanation related to the change to daylight savings time happening this weekend (in the US at least): iOS often had some timing/alarm type of issues associated with time or year changes, so perhaps Apple didn't want to release it before the time change to make sure there are no issues with that?

That's actually possible. A Monday release is looking more and more likely now.

Last edited:

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
I know, but the IKEA app update is another sign that the release is close now. Lol

It's probably just a typo... why would IKEA know when Apple will release iOS 7.1 :confused:
Also their last version was 4.2.1 and today's release is version 14.30 ???

Edit: Or their developers just used beta 5 to test the new version and that's it.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Perhaps there's an explanation related to the change to daylight saving time happening this weekend (in the US at least): iOS often had some timing/alarm type of issues associated with time or year changes, so perhaps Apple
didn't want to release it before the time change to make sure there are no issues with that?

Can't understand why they can't fix it. This issue persists from iOS 5...
Even android, symbian and WP doesnt have this issue o_O

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
Everything we have seen so far indicates a release soon. I would say next week looks good. Probably Monday or Wednesday.

IKEAA has a mobile application, they probably have been developing it through the 7.1 betas...it is probably ready for 7.1, whenever it comes out. The fact they are putting that in the app notes now is an indication they their developers at least feel iOS 7.1 is coming soon.

Patiently waiting :)

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
I downgraded to 7.0.6 recently because of the SSL fix, but I'm seriously contemplating going back to 7.1 beta 5. This is just really bad. Crashes left and right, and everything feels slower. Beta 5 was much much better, and it felt like an official release, while 7.0.6, the actual "official" version, feels much more like a beta.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
So we all know that iOS 7.1 is coming but when it does finally come don't you think a lot of customers will still be asking why did it take so long to fix all the issues or will the update be so great that people will just forget that it took so long for a fix and soon forget all the trouble they had prior to 7.1
Both. There'll be the complaints about the delay. Hopefully the release will be a major improvement in performance and stability over 7.0.6. And if it is, the frustrations of dealing with 7.0.x will be a faint memory... for most. But for some (myself included), it is yet another reason for being more careful when considering the next Apple purchase.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Lol, IKEA doesn't know anything.

I agree, hell if we all got it wrong with the iTunes festival, I seriously doubt IKEA will have confirmed it's arrival next week. I know at least a clock is always right twice everyday so eventually someone will claim they were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.