Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which feature would you be the most excited for?

• Predictor

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Custom Notifications

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Location-Based Actions

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Dynamic Icons

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • Widgets

Votes: 43 9.9%
  • Siri API

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • Offline Siri

• Quick Reply (Messaging)

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • New UI

Votes: 240 55.3%
  • Something Else (Be sure to post what)

• Total voters

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States
Why?

Again why?

Siri already does this lol?

Image Excellent idea. Can't tell why this hasn't been implemented already.

That's a nightmare. There's a reason you can only activate it with a physical button - having it turn off via software and by hardware makes for a ****ing confusing situation. It's like having one light controlled by two lightswitches. Bad enough. Now make one of the lightswitches invisible.

Agreed. Should combine calculator and stocks while they're at it.

This is a horribly b/anal thing. It's a name. Relax.

No thanks. I like my battery life.

lol, FaceTime would work well with 4 people. If Apple implemented it right we could have the Geo-fencing mute, too. Maybe if enabled it turns the mute switch into a rotation lock. Live icons wouldn't noticeably hinder the battery life.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
If Apple implemented it right we could have the Geo-fencing mute, too.

But *why*? You realise there's a similar feature conveniently located on the outside of your phone right?!

Live icons wouldn't noticeably hinder the battery life.
Clearly you a) do not understand how badly push sucks battery life, and b) have never installed live icons on an iOS platform. It absolutely MURDERS battery life because it has to CONSTANTLY check to display an accurate reading whenever you might randomly elect to 'dashboard' as it were. If it only updates when you look at it (which could take quite some time depending on your coverage) it ruins the point entirely.

ass:rolleyes:

I meant things like editing track names, track artist, etc

Hahaha oh okay, fair! I agree actually :)

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I saw the other thread but I decided to make this it's own. Feel free to reply your iOS 7 suggestion and I will add to the list in bold text. :) Enjoy!

Music
iTunes Radio

Photos/Video/Camera
Ability to stream Movies and TV Shows via iCloud
Ability to record the screen and view recorded content in Videos app
Advanced camera settings for camera app (effects, timers...ect)
Photo app syncs Albums/Events via iCloud (Photo Stream dedicated with sharing only)
Video taken with Camera app goes to Video app instead of Photo app.
Movies, TV Shows, User Content and Music Videos have their own sections in Videos app

Podcast
Easy Mark as Listen/Watched
Sync with iTunes on OS X via iCloud

Notes/Voice Memos
Ability to add photos to notes
Password-Protect certain notes
Voice Memos for iPad

Safari
Unified Search/Address
Easier, One handed navigation
1Password Integration

Siri
Offline Siri
Ask Siri to check where your friends iDevices are located (Find my Friends)
Ask Siri for language translations
Better conversions, calculations integration (non-Wolfram)

FaceTime
Group Chat (4 people)

Settings
Phone automatically switch to silent based on location settings
Devices detect when you're at home, or connected to your home Wi-Fi, and automatically turn off the passcode

Weather
Weather app for iPad

Stocks
Stocks app for iPad

Newsstand
Automatically hide when no Magazines are downloaded

Ability to reply to text messages, without having to leave the currently opened application
Ability to copy text within a text message, rather then having to copy the whole message

Maps/Location apps
Combine Maps & Compass
Find my iPhone renamed to Find my iDevice
Bus routes and walking routes in Maps application

Home Screen
Live Icons for Weather and Clock
Ability to split iPad's screen to truly multitask
Ability to add more apps to a folder (Scroll-able folders)

Lock Screen
Weather Widget
Setting Toggles (Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplay Mode)

Mission Control (Multitask Bar):
http://youtu.be/dMi6Si4nN4k?t=10s
A "Kill All" button
Setting Toggles (Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplay Mode)
Brightness slider for iPhone 5

Notification Bar
Add/Remove Widgets from Apps (ex. Flipboard quick-view or Facebook quick-view)

User Interface
Kill the fabric UI from Siri and Mission Control (Multitask Bar)
System-wide GUI based off of App Store (Black/Silver)
Mountain Lion Style Dock

Think you nailed it right there. Lets hope Apple are listening.

Pulsedriver81

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2011
Sweden
my hopes

1. Enhanced lockscreeen functionality (Weather in lockscreen for example)
2. Open up for 3rd Party widgets in NC accompanied by an extension of app store with a section to buy 3rd party widgets. (To make it more apple like, they could limit the amount of widgets in NC to 3 or 4 so it doesn´t get cluttered)
3. NC settings (See above)
4. Make the static icons dynamic. It doesn´t have to be animated all over the place. Just use the icon to present more info from the app (like Calendar icon shows todays date)

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
Remove newsstand and add the magazine functionality to iBooks.

Change volume slider to brightness slider on the multitasking bar.

Combine notes and voice memos

Add widget section to App Store so people can buy widgets for NC/LS (heavily moderated by apple so we don't end up like android)

Fix inconsistencies with UI design throughout all of apples apps.

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States
Remove newsstand and add the magazine functionality to iBooks.

Change volume slider to brightness slider on the multitasking bar.

Combine notes and voice memos

Add widget section to App Store so people can buy widgets for NC/LS (heavily moderated by apple so we don't end up like android)

Fix inconsistencies with UI design throughout all of apples apps.

I prefer my quick view solution instead of widgets from App Store

jmxp69

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
- S/MIME Encryption/Signature toggle in Mail app.
- Consolidated radio toggle section at the top of settings (BT, WiFi, LTE, 3G)
- Ability to rearrange settings sections
- Unified search bar in Safari
- Synchronized icon placement/folders option in iCloud settings for multiple iOS devices
- Weather/RSS on lock screen
- Timer option for slide to unlock
- Multiple Do Not Disturb Profiles with location support (Weekends, Church)
- Auto brightness high and low boundary control

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I don't know why people want Exposé on iOS. Sure it would be fun to look at but really waste system resources. The reason why it's useful on the desktop is because each app has multiple windows and you can see all the windows you want.

On mobile devices the screen is smaller and having a thumbnail of each app which itself only has one window/screen does not provide enough information to warrant the extra distraction. With iOS's current multitask bar each icon is recognizable and they are arranged near the home button so you can get in and get out.

With Android style multitasking and its thumbnails which aren't even live, it makes the tap targets so spread out that you have to reach all the way to the top of the screen even when the activation button is at the bottom of the phone. Also, the app thumbnails change depending on what content you were viewing which makes it less efficient to scan with your eyes and tap the right app.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
If this has been mentioned, sorry.

But the ability to see EVERY DAMN MESSAGE DETAIL. I'm tired of the round about guessing when I received a certain sms or iMessage.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
I would like the lock screen and all password screens to enter only "*" characters, rather than the real password character and a long lag before replacing it with a "*". What's the point of using a password if anyone sitting next to me can easily see every character entered?

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
- S/MIME Encryption/Signature toggle in Mail app.
- Consolidated radio toggle section at the top of settings (BT, WiFi, LTE, 3G)
- Ability to rearrange settings sections
- Unified search bar in Safari
- Synchronized icon placement/folders option in iCloud settings for multiple iOS devices
- Weather/RSS on lock screen
- Timer option for slide to unlock
- Multiple Do Not Disturb Profiles with location support (Weekends, Church)
- Auto brightness high and low boundary control

Wow, that is an awesome wish list. Reasonable, realistic, and I would use every one of those feature. Bravo.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
How about a select all option in the mail app so when you have a bunch of emails you want to delete you don't have to tap on each one to select them?

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
Here is a useful feature:

Here is a useful feature:

Siri, turn on flashlight.

800stripes

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
I said iPhone 4 not the. 4S

Am 100% sure. That ios 7 8 and. May be 9 will come too the iPhone 4S

But what am not sure of is the iPhone 4 that will be Geting ios 7 if it dos It will likey olny be bug fixes

iPhone. 3GS. Will likey not get ios 7 at all

Okay, the iPhone 3GS has a large chance of not being supported... but the iPhone 4 will have until iOS 8 and the iPhone 4S should have until iOS 9. I mean, the 3GS has had updates all the way to iOS 6... it started at iOS 3 and that means three major updates. If this pattern repeats, then the iPhone 4 should have until iOS 8... iOS 7 being it's final update. I would also suppose the 4S will have until iOS 9, iOS 8 being it's final update. Apple tends to consist of patters, and this is just one of many.

----------

I think that you should be able to answer any message in any app! This includes the lockscreen. It would also really help apple stop minor apps for messaging on the App Store - they won't be able to do it and it will almost form a sort of "monopoly" on the texting apps.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
Too be able to block Calls or SMS
iam shocked they have bothered to put that feature in it would be hard to put in either some phone have the built in already just click it and then it blocks it handy for code callers.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
iOS 7

- Live icons - No need for a shape change, just icons that change their look on an event.

- Third party widgets in the Notification Center - Widgets that devs can include with their apps, as an extra.

- Data usage monitor

- Full Bluetooth support, sending files, contacts, syncing, connecting to external GPS, etc...

- Wi-Fi Direct support/Airdrop

- Integrate Spotlight search into notification center - put it on top(above stocks)

- Multitasking gestures - Zephyr - Flick up for the Springboard, Swipe up and hold for the Switcher

- SBSettings(Quick switches) in Notification Center - Wifi, bluetooth, airplane, cellular data, 3G, brightness

- Camera - the app needs Timer, time/date/location imprinting, stabilization shot, 720p @ 60FPS recording option, White balance, Exposure, Light sensitivity(ISO), Contrast, Sharpness, all of these should be added.

- Increase folder size

- Birthday's in Calendar - show how old is person is turning into

- Maps - Drop more than one pin on the map, route between them

- Delete photos from Photo Library, view file information in photos - Date, EXIF data.

- iMessage - Needs an ability to share location(Map) like with WhatsApp, right from the iMessage. Current you can only send photos from iMessage, but Maps and Contacts shortcuts should be added too. Also it would be great if the image EXIF data was preserved when sent so the receiver could "open" that image in Maps and navigate... quickly snap a picture of a location, send it, the receiver gets the image, taps "Open in Maps" and finds the route to you.

- Prevent shut down when the phone is locked

- Delivery notification for normal SMS messages

- Snooze time configuration option for alarm, (amount of snoozes, time in between)

- Calendar events in Notification Center/Lockscreen - Configure the look at head from 24 to say 72 hours

- Calendar event badges on calendar(with an ability to adjust how far in advance you can see your events, 24hours, 7 days, 14 days, etc..)

- More pull down to refresh throughout the system

- Pictures in the Notes.app, especially needed for syncing with the Mac Notes.

- Safari - Unified Omnibar, Private switch IN Safari(not in the Settings), Tap and hold the tabs button to show history of closed tabs.

- Smart Playlist creation on the iPhone

iTunes

Drag and drop(manually manage) pictures, ringtones(you can drag and drop a ringtone now but only one) without the need to sync.
Pick Audio output card

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.