Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
if it doesn't come today, I am going to make the best iPhone 5s smashing youtube video the world has ever seen

joshfuhr

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2015
Just downloaded

Just downloaded it! I'll let you know my opinion on apple's updates
- Josh Fuhr

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Just downloaded it! I'll let you know my opinion on apple's updates
- Josh Fuhr

Yeah, you downloaded iOS 8.1.3 alright.
3616ce5aff052bd994ee2f4ff35b11f6.jpg

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I don't care if Apple takes a while to release it if it actually fixes things (like bugs/performance) unlike 8.2 and 8.1.2 with their near unnoticeable changes. Just be patient to avoid disappointment.

Last edited:

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Yup. 8.1.2 and 8.2 B4 did absolutely nothing. 8.1.2 was just a quick emergency hotfix update addressing a very specific problem.

8.2 b4 is iWatch only.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
What are known bugs Apple acknowledgedes right now that this update is supposed to address?

No one knows what issues this update will fix so there is no way to answer your question.

Not only that but when it is released more than likely we still wont know. "This release includes bug fixes, increased stability and performance improvements blah blah blah.....". Usually there are specific items listed though but never ALL the included fixes. There are always more underlying fixes included than what are mentioned in the changelog.

Last edited:

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Not only that but when it is released more than likely we still wont know. "This release includes bug fixes, increased stability and performance improvements blah blah blah.....". Usually there are specific items listed though but never ALL the included fixes. There are always more underlying fixes included than what are mentioned in the changelog.

Thats because they have to always patch the crap that was supposed to work in the first place so it shouldn't be listed as some major fix.

Last edited:

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
Gosh why are they taking so long. I mean taking time to make it perfect is good, but this way too long for just a x.x.1 update. They better fix the annoying stutters and jerky animations on ipads. Otherwise i will once again, be SOOOO disappointed. :(

iNotion

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Singapore
Apple ios team has lose a lot of trust with iPhone users since ios7. They better release one with less bugs or else nobody will dare to update their iOS, fearing that once installed, you will end up with a iBrick!

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Apple ios team has lose a lot of trust with iPhone users since ios7. They better release one with less bugs or else nobody will dare to update their iOS, fearing that once installed, you will end up with a iBrick!

That's not true at all. I'm not in the least concerned about bricking my device and trust Apple to release a patch that forwards the o/s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.