Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
What will people bitch about now????

Oh you won't believe.. You'll feel like kicking me .. I have 1 issue and I think it's pretty common..

Deleting individual messages is still irritating.. Going through holding on and pressing more .. Instead of "details" they could have given a simple deleting options...

Matt7993

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2014
Can somebody tell me if it is somehow possible to change connection type? For example to 2G only? (turn off 3G and LTE) because I live in area with poor 3g signal strength and I really need this option to use 2G only (people with 7.1.1 and t-mobile carrier will know what I am talking about - it is imposible to turn off 3G) I am curious if apple did something about it in this new ios 8 Tanks :)

pear21

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Michigan
I really like the widgets in the notification center, its pretty close to getting them on the homescreen, and the sports scores widget is a very similar idea of what I have wanted in the past. Quick reply is awesome as well.

Overall I am very impressed with the new OS, much more impressed than iOS 7 and probably iOS 6.

loesjoel

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2009
I am happy that Apple seems to be opening up a little and allowing apps to talk to each other. I saw that Safari got some extensions, but will developers (specifically 1Password) be able to implement the extensions themselves, or will Apple decide who gets to get their hooks into Safari?

This is what I want to know! I'd love to see ad-block and LastPass integrated into Safari and Chrome if third-party browsers will also be allowed extensions.

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
They got rid of "Missed" in Notification Center.

Whatever that tab was for in the first place.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I'll do it but the reason im not is because I don't have a GOOD iOS device (the only one I have is iPad 3) so I won't be able to test it right away unfortunately.

If you want to maintain the list, that is a huge help in itself, if that is the case, we will create / stick a thread with that list. Any support / time you can take to curate it will be greatly appreciated!

Keeping a clean list is a huge help to the great member base we have, more than it is to find something First! (but that is only my opinion).

If you would like to take this task on again, please shoot me a PM and we will get a thread going!

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Can't wait for all the stuff you guys are going to post here :D

Requests: iOS 8 wallpaper and some walkthrough videos!

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Time lapse option in camera now..

A new mode comes to
Camera: Time-lapse videos.
Capture the experience of the sun setting, a city street bustling, or a flower blooming with the new Time-lapse mode in Camera. iOS 8 does all the work, snapping photos at dynamically selected intervals. The result is a video showing an accelerated sequence of the photos over time. Just set up your device to shoot what you want. Swipe to select Time-lapse mode, tap the Record button, and let Camera record as long as you choose.

DamnDJ

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2003
Baltimore
Can they though? You make it seem like there will be a keyboard category on the App Store, but I don't think this is the case. This is just one additional keyboard they've added.

Yes, they are opening it to third party keyboards, not just one maker. There very well may be a keyboard section on the App Store (Although they will probably just go under utilities or whatever). Swiftkey already announced they are coming over.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/02/apple-ios8-third-party-keyboards-swiftkey/

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Some little things ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,380

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Auto night mode for iBooks, and built in.
Rich text notes app!
Panorama for iPad
Camera timer!
Tips app :O

Nice, nice!

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Sorry guys I won't do iOS 8: All The Little Things. I don't think I'll be able to handle TWO All The Little Things threads since I'm already doing OS X Yosemite. :(

Maybe next year? :eek:

I just hope someone will make a list of ALL the little things in iOS 8 cause there are a bunch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.