Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
In the weather app, you now scroll down to see more information as opposed to tapping on the temperature as in iOS 7. I prefer how you do it in iOS 7. However, more days are available to see now.

Can't see to add more than 1 photo at a time so here is the other.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 312

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I would like to know if Safari can open more than 24 tabs on the iPhone.

Currently when you try to open more, the older tabs get replaced without warning.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
You can reply to texts with different apps? You can make calls with different diallers? You can click on links and have them open in different browsers? I must have missed that in the keynote.

Not directly, but with the new extensions you easily could have apps by-pass the stock apps.

For example, if an app supports it, clicking a link would route to Chrome rather than Safari, or clicking a phone number routes to Skype rather than the Dialer.

Of course this would have to be supported by third-party, but you can already do this. Plenty of apps already have an "Open in Chrome" option since Google made it available, the extensions just allow this extra step to be bypassed.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Not directly, but with the new extensions you easily could have apps by-pass the stock apps.

For example, if an app supports it, clicking a link would route to Chrome rather than Safari, or clicking a phone number routes to Skype rather than the Dialer.

Of course this would have to be supported by third-party, but you can already do this. Plenty of apps already have an "Open in Chrome" option since Google made it available, the extensions just allow this extra step to be bypassed.

I hope we see more apps taking advantage of this in iOS 8 then.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Spotlight search.

It only appears like this the first time you use it. Once you have searched, this disappears.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
The "+" gets grayed out.

Same with what happens now then.

Right now the + does the same, and after having 24 tabs opened, if I hold a link on one of the opened tabs and choose open in a new tab, one of the old tabs get replaced.

invisiblegt

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2013
Wish you didn't need to have your device connected to power to use "Hey Siri"

I can certainly agree with is as well. I only really plug in my ipad at night, when it needs to charged, and it'd be nice to be able to use this as I'm wandering around the house.

Particularly, when I'm making breakfast, or something to that effect, with my hands full. I'd love to be able to say "Hey, Siri, change the song," and not worry about washing my hands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.