Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deeznuts

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Capture.PNG

iOS 9.0.1 is out. Release note.

Fixes

- Fixes an issue where some users could not complete setup assistant after updating
- Fixes an issue where sometimes alarms and timers could fail to play
- Fixes an issue in Safari and Photos where pausing video could cause the paused frame to appear distorted
- Fixes an issue where some users with a custom APN setup via a profile would lose cellular data
- Performance seem alot snappier & less lagging

Bugs

- :apple:

Feel free to edit this post.

Last edited:

kruso2

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
Initial impression is that this update gave the same smoothness as I had on 9.1 beta 1. Still not as good as on 8.4.1

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
So will backups from this work when restoring our new 6S/Plus's?

Or will it add another delay by having to update first?

Reactions: elpibe10

Ferrd

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Still has the issue where the Phone app forgets which contact groups are selected :mad:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Fixes battery life?
Nothing about that is mentioned or would be known in practice for at least a bit of time. That said, most people weren't having "broken" battery life (at least no more than what's typical to surface with pretty much any update).

Reactions: Yun0

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Still does the settings jump glitch.

That's shocking.

I was startled by the fact that it wasn't fixed on iOS 9.0 when it was released, because it's such an apparent bug.

Can't believe it's still there on 9.0.1. That's just silly.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's shocking.

I was startled by the fact that it wasn't fixed on iOS 9.0 when it was released, because it's such an apparent bug.

Can't believe it's still there on 9.0.1. That's just silly.
Silly, yes, but fairly inconsequential as its is a trivial issue and thus not a priority to be fixed compared to other things.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Silly, yes, but fairly inconsequential as its is a trivial issue and thus not a priority to be fixed compared to other things.

I'm okay with it, but it's not a trivial issue to some. Especially to those that consider fluidity as part of the iOS experience. Let's not start this back and forth again. There's a whole thread on it somewhere in the forum you can revive.

Reactions: Will22

kruso2

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
Definitely better performance on 6+, but battery is going down quickly. Normal after a upgrade I guess.

songer121

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2015
i have no idea what you guys are seeing but my 64GB 6 plus is absolutely NO different after updating. i closed out all apps and did a reboot after the update finished and its still the same...

Also the bug in the contacts where i choose my group then come back later or close the app out, then come back and all groups are checked, is still there!!!

Reactions: canesalato

abhi0n0nakul

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2014
delhi,india
does anyone notice the wierd orientation lags and bugs on ios 9.0.1
i have updated ipad air 2 on 9.0.1
on lockscreen, rotation is buggy, as in wallpaper and statusbar dont rotate
on homescreen, no rotation at all or very late.

songer121

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2015
I don't see it any Control Center or Spotlight lag. I don't see any jerky animations. App switcher seems smooth enough as well, but your take on lag and my take on lag may be different. :)

I'm happy with the update. Things seem better on my 6+.
i dont see any change at all....

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
does anyone notice the wierd orientation lags and bugs on ios 9.0.1
i have updated ipad air 2 on 9.0.1
on lockscreen, rotation is buggy, as in wallpaper and statusbar dont rotate
on homescreen, no rotation at all or very late.

My Air 2 isn't doing this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.