Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Tosic

macrumors regular
May 19, 2015
Anyone know how to restart without ant ability to touch the screen? IOS9 has decided to have a heart attack on me !

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The text name of the Safari app just changed to "Cleaning," and then changed back to Safari again, causing my phone to restart! Not seen that before!
The cleaning is something that has been around for a number of iOS versions (clears out the cache of an app if/when the space might be needed essentially). The reboot part of it seems like a beta bug/issue.

Reactions: The Doctor11

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
I've had occasional bizarre behavior by the Messages app where when I receive a text on my phone it's shows up as a strange unknown phone number on my iPad even though I know who the text came from. Also, sometimes the contact name isn't included but rather just the phone number (iCloud contacts sync issue I assume). The other thing which I think I mentioned earlier is that texts I've already read show up on my MBP and iPad anyway.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is there finally in iOS 9 in the Control-center a button to toggle the cellular data on or off?
I don't believe anything changed in Control Center. Disabling mobile/cellular data isn't a common enough action for Apple to justify putting it there, in particular at the cost of losing one of the existing controls that they deemed worthy of being there.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
Nope. Control center is exactly the same.

Dammm, that's really annoying that you can't still edit you quick / toggle buttons just like in the jailbreak community like in ios 7 and 8.

Why? Why don't apple see that is really handy or whatever. I need to go every time in the settings to toggle it off.

Reactions: ximdotro

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Dammm, that's really annoying that you can't still edit you quick / toggle buttons just like in the jailbreak community like in ios 7 and 8.

Why? Why don't apple see that is really handy or whatever. I need to go every time in the settings to toggle it off.
Apple isn't big on putting in customization options. Nothing really new or surprising.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
Apple isn't big on putting in customization options. Nothing really new or surprising.

You can do this in ios 7 and 8 jailbreak. This called " ccontrols " find on youtube, this is very handy. To bad maby in ios 9 final version

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can do this in ios 7 and 8 jailbreak. This called " ccontrols " find on youtube, this is very handy. To bad maby in ios 9 final version
Sure it would be useful to some and can exist as a jailbreak tweak, but that hasn't changed Apple's approach to it so far. Perhaps that will change at some point to one degree or another, but it doesn't seem like it has so far.

Hot12345

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
Sure it would be useful to some and can exist as a jailbreak tweak, but that hasn't changed Apple's approach to it so far. Perhaps that will change at some point to one degree or another, but it doesn't seem like it has so far.

True, but this is the first beta, with lot of improvements, maby in the second beta or the third will release more features.

Right? How was on the previous beta's? Did Apple release after the second beta also new features? Or was it that apple only release all features in the first beta?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
True, but this is the first beta, with lot of improvements, maby in the second beta or the third will release more features.

Right? How was on the previous beta's? Did Apple release after the second beta also new features? Or was it that apple only release all features in the first beta?
Changes have happened and can happen from beta to beta. Usually not to that degree though.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Have they fixed the buggy keyboard behavior on iPad when splitting the keyboard?

fredcintra

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
I just noticed that you can swipe 4 windows at once using four fingers when you double click the home button!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: Skoal

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Copy/paste in the Notes app is a complete mess! Unusable!

I've also noticed I often have to push the home button more than once before the phone will come out of standby.

Last edited:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm not religious but hear my prayers, Apple, and deliver unto us a mighty beta 2 tomorrow morning that my iPhone might not continue to be plagued by the battery devil and his evil ways! I just lost another 2% battery typing this message! Send help!
Send help? I got a fighter jet going supersonic full of battery packs on its way. :D

Im also hoping my prays will be answered tomorrow morning. I just want my iPad to stop heating up in the same way that my stove does.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Not sure if this has already been posted:

- Apple ID is shown as "%@" instead of actual value

This is probably not an iOS bug but when you play a video in the Instagram app and your alarm goes off, the audio from any video stops playing in the app after stopping the alarm.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
Is anyone else having trouble with LTE signal. Mine keeps running really slow and then I run a speed test and it starts kinda working. Anyone else having this problem.

My WiFi and data drop speeds like crazy on this. I have to constatntly switch Airplane mode on and off to even get it to work again. Hopefully we see Beta 2 today :)

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
I found that you can now when viewing an image in full screen close it by slide it down in Messages, Camera, Photos. When using the camera you can slide op on the small thumbnail and it will open and you then slide down the full screen image to come back into camera mode.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I agree. Once I'm in the app for a few minutes its time to switch it back. If I use search to open an app, and I use this app for an hour I'm clearly not concerned about going back to search.
You should submit a bug report. I'm guessing they're still tweaking the use cases for the ReturnTo button, and there is still time to make some changes this early on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.