Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vjl323

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2005
Western North Carolina
As far as I understand, Siri has always spoken to you in the accent of the region she's supposed to understand.

So if you set your voice recognition for Australian English, she'll speak to you with an Aussie accent.

There's no way to separate the two.

But if that's changed now, then that's pretty nice.

That's correct. I used to always have mine with a British female accent, as I like hearing that better, but then Siri expected me to talk with a British accent, which I don't have. Now you can have Siri have a Standard British accent and still talk to her with Standard American. Nice. :)

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
That's correct. I used to always have mine with a British female accent, as I like hearing that better, but then Siri expected me to talk with a British accent, which I don't have. Now you can have Siri have a Standard British accent and still talk to her with Standard American. Nice. :)

Nobody has a British accent.

Reactions: bahndoos

gzottie

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
All I want to know - does WhatsApp work.
That was a long three months last time around and I'm not going through it again.
I am having lots of problems with Whatsapp. 1) After using voice to text microphone, the bottom of screen remains greyed out and I have to close program to do again. 2) It is super slow removing member from group chat. 3) It will not allow me add another member to group chat.

gzottie

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
Glitches after installing 9.0 and 9.1 on iPhone 6.
Voice to text glitch on both iMessage and Whatsapp. 1) After voice to text on text, prompt bar where I type is greyed out. It works, but you canNOT see what you're typing. 2) I am having lots of problems with Whatsapp. 2a) After using voice to text, the bottom of screen remains greyed out and I have to close program to use again. 2) It is super slow removing member from group chat. 3) It will not allow me add another member to group chat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.