Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

exiliadosbcn

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2015
9e2a335024c9d8b6d547f1213011ee75.jpg

Music app drains 25% battery even I don't use it at all

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
is there any way to use apple music without signing up for the three month trial?

So you want your free trial to be more free then? Haha! Why not just sign up for the FREE trial? That's what it's for after all.

On another note I've noticed tapatalk isn't taking me to the latest post in a subscribed thread when I tap on the new post reminders. Just takes me to the first post in each thread every time. Annoying when these macrumors threads are pages and pages long. Didn't happen in beta 1 and 2.

Reactions: The Doctor11

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Anyone with an Air 2 able to get a 50/50 split with split view multitasking in portrait mode? Seems it only allows you to have a 75/25 split.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
After reading through a lot of this thread I'm sad for you all without 6 Pluses. It works superbly on it for a beta at least for me. I have almost none of those issues. Only ones I have so far:

1) Music will randomly stop playing in the Music app when AirPlaying. Fix: Press play.

2) More annoyingly, Messages will freeze or lag greatly when QuickTyping a lot back and forth (responding in a notification by pulling it down). Fix: Press the sleep button. Unlock device.

3) Low Power mode doesn't turn off when power is plugged in and above 20%. It will only auto shut off when the battery has reached 100.

Reactions: nheilweil

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
After reading through a lot of this thread I'm sad for you all without 6 Pluses. It works superbly on it for a beta at least for me. I have almost none of those issues. Only ones I have so far:

1) Music will randomly stop playing in the Music app when AirPlaying. Fix: Press play.

2) More annoyingly, Messages will freeze or lag greatly when QuickTyping a lot back and forth (responding in a notification by pulling it down). Fix: Press the sleep button. Unlock device.

3) Low Power mode doesn't turn off when power is plugged in and above 20%. It will only auto shut off when the battery has reached 100.

I don't think LPM will turn off when charged past 20 percent. I read somewhere it turns off at 80 percent, but not sure what it's actually supposed to do.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I don't think LPM will turn off when charged past 20 percent. I read somewhere it turns off at 80 percent, but not sure what it's actually supposed to do.
It only turns off at 100%, in my testing, which is ridiculous. Once I plug it in it should shut off at 20%-50% or so. I already filed a big report as it's extremely annoying to have it charge up to, say 75%, and it not automatically have it turn off. It's not what users will expect. I mean why does it stay on even when plugged into power? That makes no sense.

Last edited:

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009

Odd. My iPhone 6 running beta 1 and 2 it was shutting off automatically when it reached around 70-80%. I can't remember for sure. I haven't even used it with beta 3. Battery life has been superb.

I've also had no real issues with the 6 at all since the last beta. 2 and 3 have been excellent.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Anyone with an Air 2 able to get a 50/50 split with split view multitasking in portrait mode? Seems it only allows you to have a 75/25 split.

Yes sort of. I get split view with multitasking in portrait and landscape but in portrait it does not split 50/50. It remains in roughly 60/40.

When you first pull out it is the standard split view. Pulled to the center it snaps back but offers multitasking and changes the shap of the "button" in the center and adds a black line between the windows.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014

I didn't read your question correctly the first time.

Simply my answer is no. It will not split 50/50 it remains something uneven.

februarian

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
Dunno if it's been posted before but the iTunes icon has also been updated with the note being synonymous with the note on the new Music app!

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
It only turns off at 100%, in my testing, which is ridiculous. Once I plug it in it should shut off at 20%-50% or so. I already filed a big report as it's extremely annoying to have it charge up to, say 75%, and it not automatically have it turn off. It's not what users will expect. I mean why does it stay on even when plugged into power? That makes no sense.

Mine doesn't even turn off at 100%.

Reactions: nheilweil

Justjay27

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2012
My Issue...
Listening to a playlist in my car, then get out the car then get back in a few minutes later and its starts playing from the start of my music library and not continuing from the playlist.

I'm not sure if this issue has been talked about or if I'm the only one experiencing this but does anyone else have the issue when the music app just starts over?

tanarro

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015

My iPhone 6 Plus burns the battery and itself now, it gets so hot I think is going to melt... For the rest mostly ok, no problem with messages or anything like that.

ljday27

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2015
London, England
Unsure if it's a bug or not but swiping down on the page to the left of the home screen (The one with Siri suggestions, Nearby, News etc) causes it to go completely blank rather than refresh..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    477.7 KB · Views: 179

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015

In previous beta, LPM will only turn off when your battery is over 80 out of 100.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

danleon950410

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2015
Bogotá, Colombia
On the iPad Mini 1, the icons of the search results on the Settings App were HORRIBLY rendered.
Can anyone confirm this? And report it? I can't since i'm not on beta anymore.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
I hope they add a total onscreen usage counter. Not just per app. That's neat but a total screen on since last full charge right under usage would be better and more useful.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I think you're wrong. That would not give a valid user experience and would cause a lot of readability and UI problems.

Why though? Why can't it be even down the middle (judging by where the front facing camera is)? It's literally only slightly off. I can't imagine moving it ever so slightly would ruin readability and UI problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.