Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Can someone (happily) tell me that Apple fixed the silly keyboard issue in Messages? The bug is the keyboard refreshes twice when sending a message. Doesn't reproduce when sending email. Doesn't matter if it's SMS or iMessage. Only happens when creating a new message.

Repro Steps:

Messages -> New Message -> (Choose contact phone number)

BUG-> Upon selecting contact number the UI switches to the edit mode and the keyboard refreshes twice
Still present in beta 3.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Did they fix this obnoxious bug that's been around for 3 months in Apple Music when tapping the "..." And select the album from the now playing screen????

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

dolphin2421

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2015
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
Can someone (happily) tell me that Apple fixed the silly keyboard issue in Messages? The bug is the keyboard refreshes twice when sending a message. Doesn't reproduce when sending email. Doesn't matter if it's SMS or iMessage. Only happens when creating a new message.

Repro Steps:

BUG-> Upon selecting contact number the UI switches to the edit mode and the keyboard refreshes twice

I can't reproduce this, either.

rtmadden

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Maryland
I can't reproduce this, either.

I seem to get a blank keyboard when I move into iMessage by clicking on a banner notification. The keyboard responds appropriately, even though it's just blank, white screen. Sliding the keyboard down and then back up seems to resolve the issue. Until the next time...

Reactions: helicopter96

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Has force touching the left side of the screen from any app always brought up the app switcher?

Yep (for the new phones only obviously)

If you 3D Touch the left edge and swipe in about 1/3rd and let go it gives you the app switcher. If you do the swipe past 1/2 or all the way, it takes you to the previous app you had open without having to go into the switcher.

SmplyRckless

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2015
Yep (for the new phones only obviously)

If you 3D Touch the left edge and swipe in about 1/3rd and let go it gives you the app switcher. If you do the swipe past 1/2 or all the way, it takes you to the previous app you had open without having to go into the switcher.

Learn something new again about this phone.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013

Repro Steps:

Please file a bug report at http://bugreport.apple.com/ - file a report for each app where you observe this behavior. A developer account is not required and it's the only way to get this resolved.

iOSBry

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
It's not a matter of figuring it out. The bug is cosmetic and currently a low priority (there are multiple bugs that are cosmetic in nature in the current 9.1 beta). It (they) will however be fixed in an upcoming release - that's all I can say at the moment.

iOSBry

I get the bug fix process. Low priority fixes can get put off for a while but I still stand by the "why". Still not convinced it's a "Bug". Absolutely positioning a tableview isnt hard and maybe if a dev added a decimal over, then ok but after having previously done the search box in multiple other homegrown apps, this seems a very unlikely goofup. Unless they put a noob on the search box feature and if they did, wouldn't that be a heavily reviewed code change prior to ship? I'm going with simple explanation. Seems obvious users mostly go down to the general section 9/10 times so just take them there off the bat. I would like to hear from apple directly though on it. Of course they won't specifically respond to questions about this. We'll all be debating this for eons.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
It's not a matter of figuring it out. The bug is cosmetic and currently a low priority (there are multiple bugs that are cosmetic in nature in the current 9.1 beta). It (they) will however be fixed in an upcoming release - that's all I can say at the moment.

iOSBry
Exactly. like the DND overlapping From/to times. not to pretty to look at but not the end of the world either. Patience young grasshopper for you guys all tore up about these cosmetic issues. They DID fix the kooky battery percentage skipping certain ones feature/bug. So all you that stare at your battery meter will see it not skip a % anymore. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.