Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
I wouldn't get any hopes up for 9.1 to magically fix all your problems.
I'm not receiving tapatalk or Facebook notifications since I set up my 6s yesterday.

Is this a pb5 issue or something else?
I'm also not receiving tapatalk notifications (on 9.0.2 tho). Notifications work on my iPad (8.4).

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I wouldn't get any hopes up for 9.1 to magically fix all your problems.

I'm also not receiving tapatalk notifications (on 9.0.2 tho). Notifications work on my iPad (8.4).

no one said 9.1 is going to fix all the problems of iOS to make everyone happy but it will surely bring a great amount of optimization to performance and battery especially on the new iPhone 6s (which i own), its a major release unlike .0X Releases.

i hope it comes out today! cant wait

Reactions: Skika

philipyoungg

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
Jakarta Capital Region
This is true from my experience too.

Hopefully final even better than beta.

I hope you can enjoy your Air 2 more, but I doubt the performance issue will be fixed. My hypothesis is iOS 9 gives a lot of processing strain to iPad because of slide over, PiP, and Multitasking.

Right now, I'm selling my 3 weeks Air because of the pathetic performance of iOS 9. I'm going to continue use my iPad 3 on iOS 8.4.1

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
I hope you can enjoy your Air 2 more, but I doubt the performance issue will be fixed. My hypothesis is iOS 9 gives a lot of processing strain to iPad because of slide over, PiP, and Multitasking.

Right now, I'm selling my 3 weeks Air because of the pathetic performance of iOS 9. I'm going to continue use my iPad 3 on iOS 8.4.1

I'll wait for 9.1 final non-beta state to see how much of an improvement there is. If there's not enough to satisfy me I may end up switching to the Google Pixel C once that's available.

Have to wait and see. Hopefully they release it today so I can get testing right away as I only have just over a week left on my 14 day return window.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
So how many of you think it'll come out today? Lol
LOL really?!? I heard it wasn't coming out until November the 32nd. (which is also on a Wednesday )

I guess the "changes, fixes and bugs" are over now. Maybe this thread needs to be renamed to "When is it coming out?" :)

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Anyone install the most recent public beta without doing an iTunes backup first? Want to try it at work today but haven't done an iTunes backup, just iCloud backups.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Anyone install the most recent public beta without doing an iTunes backup first? Want to try it at work today but haven't done an iTunes backup, just iCloud backups.
You may as well wait another few hours. The official release may actually drop today. But to answer you, yes I typically keep backups in iTunes (dont trust iCloud) every so often but typically have just been doing OTA updates for the betas. You dont necessarily have to backup to do the update. Not real sure what you are asking.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
You may as well wait another few hours. The official release may actually drop today. But to answer you, yes I typically keep backups in iTunes (dont trust iCloud) every so often but typically have just been doing OTA updates for the betas. You dont necessarily have to backup to do the update. Not real sure what you are asking.
Basically questioning the rate of beta installs going haywire requiring a dfu restore using iTunes and an iTunes backup. Also, wanting to make sure that if the beta install goes bad and throws the phone into a boot loop, that you can get it running again without an iTunes backup.

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
Basically questioning the rate of beta installs going haywire requiring a dfu restore using iTunes and an iTunes backup. Also, wanting to make sure that if the beta install goes bad and throws the phone into a boot loop, that you can get it running again without an iTunes backup.
Why not just wait until the official release?

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Ah I see. Well I have personally installed every beta since 1 and no issues. Haven't really heard of others having issues with the install either. However If in fact it does bomb though then yeah you will need iTunes to restore it. If the device wont boot there is no way to run the OTA again. So probably best to wait until you have iTunes available if its a concern for you.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The window is closed.
It'll be out on Monday.
Between it not even being the usual release time today, there's also tomorrow (and technically speaking Friday as well). So not quite sure what window is closed.

planetf1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
So it's out....

Out here.. But annoyingly I'm on 4g until later. Which is far faster than the WiFi area I just left. I have an unlimited tariff so slightly annoying apple don't allow this. Ugh...!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.