Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Performance has improved over 9.1..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Stutter has never really bothered me, I'm not someone who really thinks it gets in the way of the many useful features that iPhones offer.

however I will say 9.2 actually seems to have introduced more stutter on my iPhone 6 when opening and closing apps and unlocking. like really bad stutter, 2-3 fps, not just a few dropped frames. will see if it settles down. it's only about 5% of the time
Meanwhile the app switcher STILL runs like its running Crysis on 9.1 xD

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Stutter has never really bothered me, I'm not someone who really thinks it gets in the way of the many useful features that iPhones offer.

however I will say 9.2 actually seems to have introduced more stutter on my iPhone 6 when opening and closing apps and unlocking. like really bad stutter, 2-3 fps, not just a few dropped frames. will see if it settles down. it's only about 5% of the time

I've seen this and it's happening randomly here. It doesn't bother me, because overall the OS is very stable. I reported it to Apple, with a detailed description. As they tweak things, it may introduce other anomalies.

Reactions: GreyOS

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I went into Settings and turned Purify off and reloaded a specific page that was coming up blank and....whatayaknow the page loads up as should.

Do you think it's a bug within 9.2 beta 1, or something on Purify's end?
I had the issue with Purify and iOS 9.1 as well. I report each blank page to Purify using the Purify actions sheet - so far, no fixes for any of the pages I've submitted.

It appears to be a bug with Purify considering Crystal does not have the same issue.

iOSBry

Swampbaby985

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
East Texas
I had the issue with Purify and iOS 9.1 as well. I report each blank page to Purify using the Purify actions sheet - so far, no fixes for any of the pages I've submitted.

It appears to be a bug with Purify considering Crystal does not have the same issue.

iOSBry

Glad to know this is something on Pruify's end and not something related to the beta. I thought it might have been a beta bug though because prior to installing this beta Purify never gave me issues.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012

iOSBry
I've noticed blank pages with crystal on iPhone and iPad. I've just switched to purify and not experienced it yet, so, so far the opposite to you.

1blocker doesn't seem to ever cause this problem but it doesn't remove blank spaces where ads were. So I believe it's this feature of crystal and purify which is sometimes causing blank page issues for people...?

7enderbender

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2012
North East US
Noticed two issues with 6s in 9.1 so far:

1. Phone is in a charger over night. Alarm (recurring) goes off and the screen is blank. No snooze button for the first alarm. Can be activated with the lock button, snooze alarms then have a screen but the snooze button is very unresponsive.

2. Slow mo videos send by iMessage show as regular speed video in the sent message thread (recipient has it a slo mo video)

Last edited:
Reactions: DoctorKrabs

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Anyone with an Apple Watch with this bug? I have never enabled the stock glance but I can see it on my watch. Went into settings on my phone to turn it off but it's not even in the list of available glances.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Noticed two issues with 6s in 9.1 so far:

1. Phone is in a charger over night. Alarm (recurring) goes off and the screen is blank. No snooze button for the first alarm. Can be activated with the lock button, snooze alarms then have a screen but the snooze button is very unresponsive.

2. Slow mo videos send by iMessage show as regular speed video in the sent message thread (recipient has it a slo mo video)
That second bug's been like that since iOS 7.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I've noticed blank pages with crystal on iPhone and iPad. I've just switched to purify and not experienced it yet, so, so far the opposite to you.

1blocker doesn't seem to ever cause this problem but it doesn't remove blank spaces where ads were. So I believe it's this feature of crystal and purify which is sometimes causing blank page issues for people...?
You might be on to something with removing blank space caused by add removal - perhaps that's causing this?

I can state that where I experience a completely blank page in purify, I can disable purify and enable crystal and the previously blank page loads fine. I can then disable crystal and re-enable purify and reload the page and it's blank again.

iOSBry

Reactions: GreyOS

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
image.png

alt0

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2015
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446329629.946098.jpg

I've this gray line in my spotlight space. Is it normal? Is it a bug? What can i do for this?

Sent from my iPhone 5c

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I've this gray line in my spotlight space. Is it normal? Is it a bug? What can i do for this?

Sent from my iPhone 5c
Not normal. I reported this bug a couple of days ago. You'll have to restart the phone to get rid of it.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Is anybody else finding that scrolling to the right within App Swicher is too fast and often buggy relative to scrolling to the left? For anybody with accessibility problems, this makes it rather difficult to use as opposed to the smooth slower scrolling of 9.1. I've reported it - could anybody else who doesn't like this change also do so?
Yes, I've noticed that swiping left to the home screen with severa apps open is much faster than swiping to the right within the app switcher. Often times apps are skipped entirely, and will still stutter as well. I haven't seen too many other people mention this, but it's very apparent that swiping right and left are nowhere near equal in speed, and swiping towards the home screen is incredibly fast - almost too fast. Not complaining about it being 'too fast', but it can be a problem at times. Specifically, if your thumb is around the center of the screen, and you slide left towards the home screen, it will often skip several apps and almost always bring you immediately to the home screen.

Justjay27

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2012
Kinda lazy to read all of the post but is anyone else noticing Extremely rapid battery percentage drops?
I went from 52% to 34% to 1% in 2 mins while sending some text messages but my phone never died.
Plugged it into the charger and the percentage showed 50%

MikeyMike01

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
I hope people really aren't dense enough to believe Apple makes devices slower deliberately. Or at least I hope those people don't vote...

Reactions: skwood

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2008
I hope people really aren't dense enough to believe Apple makes devices slower deliberately. Or at least I hope those people don't vote...

I believe in planned obsolescence, and I vote too :cool:

I suppose you believe that Apple doesn't "answer to" its stock holders either... Oh well. It must be nice living in fantasy land.

Reactions: DoctorKrabs

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Yeah I still believe Apple slows down these devices on purpose.Wanna know why?I have done IMovie editing,played the most demanding games on my Air 2 and none of them showed the slightest lag EVEN on Metal enabled games and conveniently as the iPad pro is on the horizon my Air 2 somehow can't smoothly handle iOS 9 :rolleyes:

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Yeah I still believe Apple slows down these devices on purpose.Wanna know why?I have done IMovie editing,played the most demanding games on my Air 2 and none of them showed the slightest lag EVEN on Metal enabled games and conveniently as the iPad pro is on the horizon my Air 2 somehow can't smoothly handle iOS 9 :rolleyes:

Interesting thing is the Air 2 ran iOS 8.1 smooth right out of the box in October last year. I don't recall people complaining about its performance when it was released. It should be even better experience running iOS 9 with metal enhancements, the 8 core GPU and tri core processor. Animations should be like butter.

Last edited:

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013

I hope you've been as tenacious reporting your lag bugs to Apple, as you've reported them here. ;)

No lag or bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.