Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Went from a 6 to a 6S Plus last week.

Overall is it worth going from 9.2.1 to this? I quite enjoyed using earlier iOS 9 betas.

Are we getting close to a slick OS again?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014

Overall is it worth going from 9.2.1 to this? I quite enjoyed using earlier iOS 9 betas.

My air 2 and 6 are running much better on beta 5 compared to 9.2.1.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
New bugs;
  • Screen blinking when you lock the device.(Restart solved the problem somehow.)
  • There is a Shadow on the bottom of the lock screen. -> Image
  • Open CC in Siri; there is new options iPhone Speaker or iPhone(Air Play) but this options disappear when u came back home and open CC.

- The screen blinking or quickly flashes is tied to the same bug that using AssistiveTouch can kill all the fade in/out animations. (See your own bug listed as "Animations are still disappearing -> Video") it's tied to that bug which is produced by using AssistiveTouch.

- Opening CC while Siri is listening is why you see iPhone Speaker. It's not an option or a bug that it's "missing" when opening CC any other time.

On one of your other bugs in the list. The Safari Maplos.com "bug" is an issue with the website not Safari. Zooming in on the map breaks the map on the site, if you have just enough space on the screen that isn't the map you can still use Safari (I can reproduce it everytime that it's the map itself and not Safari.) Safari isn't frozen, it's a poorly writen site with a map that breaks.

jfiggy77

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2015
I'm having a strange issue with Safari, Chrome, Mail, and News app and wondering if anyone else is having or ever had this issue.

I recently did a complete wipe of my iPhone 6s Plus and installed 9.2. I set it up as a new phone so there were no issues restoring anything. Last week when 9.3 Beta 5 was released, I installed it since the issue with Apple Watch notifications had been fixed. My phone was running like a dream. However, this weekend I started experiencing an issue that caused me to reset my phone in the first place. It happens in Safari and Chrome and also in the News App.

With Google as my default search engine, if I enter a search in the Safari or Chrome address bar, I am presented with a list of results as it should be. However, when I try to click on one of the results, nothing happens. I can click away until my fingers bleed and nothing happens when I try to open the link. This however does not happen if I have Bing as my default search engine and search within Safari with Bing or if I actually search from the Google Now app.

In Safari the links open as they should with bing as the default search engine and in the Google app, links open within the Google app as they should. Another issue that I have is that regardless of what I have set as my default search engine, when I visit the Macrumors page for instance from within Safari and open up the dropdown menu and click on the forums link nothing opens. I have to enter forums.macrumors.com in the address bar if I want to visit the forums page. Again, same behavior in Chrome.

My issue with the News app is within the Siri Suggestions screen. When I click on one of the News headlines, nothing happens. It takes as long as 5 to 10 minutes for a headline to open. I will be doing something else on my phone and all of a sudden the News app opens to the link I was trying to open. I was experiencing this same issue before I wiped my phone and was hoping a clean install would fix it.

With the Mail app, I am not able to open links in e-mails. If I click on a link in an e-mail, Mail will freeze and I have force quit to start using it again. As I mentioned earlier, everything was working fine after I installed 9.3 Beta 5 until this weekend. I finally had some time this weekend to work on my phone so I started installing all the apps I wanted back on the phone. I'm not sure if something I installed is causing the behavior but one thing I do know is that it's not normal behavior.

I submitted a bug report to Apple so i'm wondering what they will come back with. This doesn't make it impossible for me to use the phone since I can still do most everything, but it is a rather annoying issue and one that has me lost trying to find out what is causing the issue. I have 9.3 Beta 5 installed on my iPad Air 2 and have none of this issues. Everything runs smooth on there. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this or know how I can fix it?

Last edited:

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
I would

I would recommend staying on 9.2.1 until 9.3 is released, people on here claim their iPhone doesnt have issues but you are going to run into weird bugs they may not be seeing.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Well, one bug I've found. When coming off CarPlay the sound dies on the phone and needs a reboot.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
Battery life on the 6s has def taken a hit (at least for me) on b5. Tried to roll back to b4, but was unable to restore an iTunes backup. I didn't archive the backup, which may be the reason why it was showing as a corrupted file. After reinstalling b5 though, I was able to restore from the same iTunes backup file.

calibru_2good_4u

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2016
My iPhone 6 with iOS 9 it's slow and very slow on this beta .. Wtf :( .. I miss 8.4 .... On 9.3 beta 5 animations are slow , glitchy, stutters , lag.. C'mon Apple ..

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Battery life on the 6s has def taken a hit (at least for me) on b5. Tried to roll back to b4, but was unable to restore an iTunes backup. I didn't archive the backup, which may be the reason why it was showing as a corrupted file. After reinstalling b5 though, I was able to restore from the same iTunes backup file.

Feel the same with b5...

Didn't do a reset all settings with b5 though, so that could help slightly. Hopefully final is as good as b3/4 was.

Reactions: mconk

grgsiocl

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2015
I have made a clean install of 9.3 beta 5 by flashing ipsw file on Iphone 6s and setup the phone as NEW. Whenever i try to reboot the phone, it starts with initial setup screen like wifi, sign in to icloud and set up the wallet etc everytime. Is there any solution for this?

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
I think it's likely that we'll see another beta this week (exact same build as the GM). Rumors say Apple is holding their event on the week of the 21st. One more beta this week would give them time to make sure there are no show stopping bugs in the GM and start production of the new 'iPhone SE' and new 9.7-inch iPad presumably shipping with 9.3 out of the gate, all while having the public release of 9.3 on the day of the event. Same goes with watchOS 2.2. You heard it here first ;)

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Damn, they are on fire at Apple! Went from 2 weeks between beta's to every week. I guess we'll see the GM next Monday/Tuesday.
Im sure this will be the final build until the event in 2 weeks and the release of the public version probably 1-2 days after the event.

simba4

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Bulgaria
We are very close only...
b8e16a6672e5ccc23521e08ca2729b3a.jpg

... Until final release :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.