Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdenTan

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
I also have a 5S and i just installed beta 2. What i am seeing is the control centre has stuttering animation and also the multitasking screen. Do you also notice the same?

I noticed the same on my iPhone 5 after a full reset.

In terms of smoothness it is almost on par with iPhone 6. Not trolling. I did not experience stuttering animation when using CC. On multitasking screen yes a little haha.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I also have a 5S and i just installed beta 2. What i am seeing is the control centre has stuttering animation and also the multitasking screen. Do you also notice the same?

Control center does have some animation lag, but the multitasking view none at all - at least for me.

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Rebooted and now the battery percentage seems to be accurate. Still very good, definitely an improvement over 8.3 (6+)

image.png

omegis83

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Battery percentage may be slightly off with Beta 2 but overall, it's comparative to what I saw on 8.3 and the latest 8.4 beta 4. If you have a Mac and would like to check the battery and also what your current max capacity is, I'd recommend Coconut Battery.

Here's an explanation on how Coconut reads battery versus what your iPhone displays:
8d37badc2da6cbf3cb9838cafbb9e833.jpg

And here's a current comparison:
434faf4fdc36685e3dcc209913881f91.jpg

http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

Last edited:

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Are you guys actually getting this crazy battery life or is it dying early because the percentage count is wrong?

In my case the percentage count was wrong, in the sense it stopped at 96% for some reason. However, when I rebooted it showed up correctly at 62% and has been decreasing at a consistent rate since. But if you see my previous post here, it's damn good battery life.

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
I've found that pulling control centre up and panning and moving around I'm maps isn't very smooth and quite jerky. In maps if I tap and go full screen the jerkiness disappears which lead me to believe the transparency on the top and bottom bar is causing the lag. So I've reduced transparency in the settings and now control panel and maps are 100% smooth. This is on a iPhone 6 so hopefully Apple sorts this out.

commad

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
ios9 beta 2, without any battery saving settings. On beta 1 I was getting about 25% of this. I thought ios8 gave me impressive battery usage, but this really tops that. iPhone 6 Plus.

Attachments

• IMG_3784.jpg
    IMG_3784.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 288

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
ios9 beta 2, without any battery saving settings. On beta 1 I was getting about 25% of this. I thought ios8 gave me impressive battery usage, but this really tops that. iPhone 6 Plus.
And we hope iOS 9 formal version could deliver such awesome battery life, and performance improvements as they advertised.
I use my iPhone 6 Plus extensively again because battery life is going better again.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Rebooted and your battery still shows the stats of standby and active time. Mine doesn't. On rebooting, the stats draw a blank. It just shows a '--'.
An old issue rooted on iOS 8. I have seen this multiple times. If you run a stop watch in the background to count battery last time, that stop watch will surely stop of you restart your phone. I think Apple uses this way to count battery usage.

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Rebooted and your battery still shows the stats of standby and usage time. Mine doesn't. On rebooting, the stats draw a blank. It just shows a '--'.
Did you do a soft reset or a reboot? Because a reboot doesn't blank the usage and standby times, but a soft reset does.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
iOS 9 beta 2 now breaks not only third party apps, but also stock ones as well. I have encountered multiple app performance drop on my device. Hope they will fix it in the next beta (maybe or maybe not Apple music one).

In my opinion, this beta mainly has only battery life restore, but nothing else at all. Just several minutes ago, phone app does not respond tap when call comes in. Second try works fine. This becomes annoying. (but don't blame me about anything such as "beta software is used only for test purpose" as I surely know what I am doing.)

Last edited:

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Seems noticeably laggy on iPhone 5. Definitely not as smooth as 8.3.

Does setting up as new really make a difference?

Last edited:

iospoweruser

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2015
Did you do a soft reset or a reboot? Because a reboot doesn't blank the usage and standby times, but a soft reset does.
Just a reboot. Just tried it again in case it has changed in iOS 9 beta 2. But it is still the same. Reboot and it throws a blank until you charge it to 100% again.

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I'm getting pretty good battery on my 5s. I've been noticing that the same usage patterns are resulting in less "usage", meaning that the system seems to go into standby a lot more often than it used to.

CagdasCizer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
Notifications are working fine for me. In fact I turned quite a few of them off during dp1 since battery life was so miserable. Batt life is excellent in dp2 so I'll probably switch my settings back to the way they were.
seems like a hard restart fixed my problem ^^

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Seems noticeably laggy on iPhone 5. Definitely not as smooth as 8.3.

Does setting up as new really make a difference?
I think so. I installed B2 over 8.3 on my iPhone 6, but with the intention of performing a clean install. The initial install over 8.3 was laggy to me for the 2-odd days I let it run. The clean install has left my iPhone 6 with that "much nicer performance" feeling, it's a big difference in performance. Battery life was much better than B1 for both types of install of B2.

I have an identical iPhone 6 that was running 8.3 until this morning - I found that both were on-par with each other for battery and performance; both are connected to the same accounts - but I have NOT upgraded to the new version of Notes or iCloud Drive. My only issue with iOS 9 is that some apps aren't working properly, but I expected that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.