Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Anyone tempted by this as a daily driver, I'd advise against it. You mileage may vary but here's my experience:
- Won't sync with the Apple Watch
- FaceTime doesn't work (as reported)
- Crashes a lot more than Beta 1
- Choppy animations (not smooth at all)
- Music app crashes lots
- Battery better than Beta 1 but still awful
But what phone were you using...? That seems like an important piece of info missing.

februarian

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
Battery now seems to be showing realistic usage times... My battery has almost never given a usage time of 9.5 to 10 hrs under normal situations..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435843626.008482.jpg

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Getting consistently good battery life on beta 2 but am a bit puzzled by the persistence of FB Messenger in the background, when I've hardly used it. The on-screen time is accurate, but the background time is there despite me killing the app repeatedly. Anybody else see this with with Messenger or another app?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 188
  • image.png
    image.png
    329.2 KB · Views: 173

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Getting consistently good battery life on beta 2 but am a bit puzzled by the persistence of FB Messenger in the background, when I've hardly used it. The on-screen time is accurate, but the background time is there despite me killing the app repeatedly. Anybody else see this with with Messenger or another app?

I've noticed this as well. It's making me consider dumping the app. I do t use it that much anyway and I'm getting fed up with FB policies

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Maybe he was using the phone for 8 hrs straight, streaming music etc?
If I keep phone screen all day on before it goes dead, I will eventually get standby time and usage time exactly same. This is not a bug. However, if standby time and usage time is exactly the same while screen is off, that would be considered as a bug.

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
If I keep phone screen all day on before it goes dead, I will eventually get standby time and usage time exactly same. This is not a bug. However, if standby time and usage time is exactly the same while screen is off, that would be considered as a bug.
I don't really understand what you mean. If you had a full charge and then you kept the screen on all day for let's say 12 hours until the battery drained, the stat should be 12 hrs of usage and 0 hours of standby. Standby is time your iPhone is powered on but the screen is off.

Everyone on 9b2 on my team is getting the same thing which is that usage and standby time are incorrectly very close to each other (approx 10%). That's on all 6 Plus but one group of us so YMMV.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I don't really understand what you mean. If you had a full charge and then you kept the screen on all day for let's say 12 hours until the battery drained, the stat should be 12 hrs of usage and 0 hours of standby. Standby is time your iPhone is powered on but the screen is off.

Everyone on 9b2 on my team is getting the same thing which is that usage and standby time are incorrectly very close to each other (approx 10%). That's on all 6 Plus but one group of us so YMMV.
Standby time means iPhone is on, and/or iPhone screen is off. This is what I understand by watching usage data.

If you use your iPhone a few minutes after pulling away from charger, you would see standby time and usage time is exactly the same. I have seen this many times before.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Standby time is simply the total time the phone has been on (with the screen on or off, and while being used or not) since the last full charge.

Reactions: az431 and nheilweil

iospoweruser

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2015

Standby time also includes usage time. It actually shows the time since the phone has last touched 100%.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Standby time also includes usage time. It actually shows the time since the phone has last touched 100%.

That makes sense though it is a bizarre way to show the stat. Standby should mean just that. Standby!

It would make more sense if they used "powered on" and "in use" rather than standby, etc.

Reactions: C DM

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
Standby time is simply the total time the phone has been on (with the screen on or off, and while being used or not) since the last full charge.
Wow was I wrong! :oops:

You're right -- standby time includes usage time. Well, gotta say that I love these forums because I constantly learn stuff that I didn't know.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Skoal and C DM

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
used nearly 3GB of data this month. i usually barely hit 1GB. i think the wifi that keeps dropping out for a short time randomly when i open apps is to blame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.