Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much do you give to iOS 9 beta 5 / Public beta 3 ?

• Total voters

George Waseem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
iOS 9 Beta 6 / PB. 4
My wish list.
1. New dynamic wallpapers
2. More still wallpapers.
3. Better performance on iPhone 4S
4. Control centre animation fix on iPhones
5. Better notification centre animations on iPad
6. Fix for all app delays on iPhone and iPad
7. Fix for Apple Music app when sliding to the bottom when playing a certain track.
8. Improvement of proactivity
9. Smoother feel
10. Fixing of overall animations of the system
11. Performance of A5 / A6 and some of A7 devices to be improved.
12. Better battery life on iPad 2,3,mini 1/2 and of course on iPhone 4S and later, battery on iPhone is now like officially terrible, I have an iPhone 5S with iOS pb3 and I barely get 3 hours of usage on a full charge, I'm now like 30 % and I've used it for just 2 hours. Really a very bad issue and could possibly ruin some peoples life, if u are outside without a charger, u are probably not going with iPhone, I device u go with the iPad instead.

Edited ;)

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So basically simply what you are looking for from the final released version. Maybe in one of the 9.x release, and even then probably only some of those things.

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2013
I'd like to see a release that has a better stability when connecting to WiFi. No matter what I do it won't connect at my office. I also seem to have some trouble with it staying connected at my house as well.

ibergu

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
I'd like to see a release that has a better stability when connecting to WiFi. No matter what I do it won't connect at my office. I also seem to have some trouble with it staying connected at my house as well.

Isn't that supposed to be one of the new "features" of iOS9? If "Wi-fi Assist" is toggled on and the performance of the wi-fi is poor / slow, then it automatically switches to cellular.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
iOS 9 Beta 6 / PB. 4
My wish list.
7. Fix for Apple Music app when sliding to the bottom when playing a certain track.
9. Smoother feel

1: Don't care.
2: Don't care.
3: I do care about others but I have an iPhone 6 so can't comment.
4: Yes, sometimes there is a slight animation delay. Also not very smooth.
5: Don't have an iPad.
6: Don't have an iPad.
7: Apple Music needs quite a few fixes to be fair but I am enjoying it overall.
8: Haven't really used this feature much. Should use it more.
9: Yes, the biggest wish! Hopefully there are things still running in the background that Apple don't disable until the GM so I'm hoping it'll feel smoother and faster.
10: Similar to above.
11: This seems to be the biggest issue. Should software created in 2015 run great on a hardware chip that is four years old? Probably not. I'm sorry but you can't expect brand new software to run on old hardware, it's just not going to work.

Oh, and there will be no beta 6, the GM is already being put on the new iPhones. iOS 9 GM should be available on the 9th after the event. I guess the list above is for the GM and not beta 6.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
iOS 9 Beta 6 / PB. 4
My wish list.
9. Smoother feel

TBH, most of those are of no interest. I'm not seeing #6. I don't think we're going to see another beta, so this is probably entirely academic.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
iOS 9 Beta 6 / PB. 4
My wish list.
9. Smoother feel

Detail is your friend

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Keyboard shortcuts, err I mean Text Replacements to synchronise properly between devices and not just stop for days on end and randomly pick up long deleted shortcuts for a laugh. OK, to be fair, this has almost never worked properly for me. How hard can it be. Grr.

Reactions: dearfriendx

George Waseem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
1: Don't care.
2: Don't care.
3: I do care about others but I have an iPhone 6 so can't comment.
4: Yes, sometimes there is a slight animation delay. Also not very smooth.
5: Don't have an iPad.
6: Don't have an iPad.
7: Apple Music needs quite a few fixes to be fair but I am enjoying it overall.
8: Haven't really used this feature much. Should use it more.
9: Yes, the biggest wish! Hopefully there are things still running in the background that Apple don't disable until the GM so I'm hoping it'll feel smoother and faster.
10: Similar to above.
11: This seems to be the biggest issue. Should software created in 2015 run great on a hardware chip that is four years old? Probably not. I'm sorry but you can't expect brand new software to run on old hardware, it's just not going to work.

Oh, and there will be no beta 6, the GM is already being put on the new iPhones. iOS 9 GM should be available on the 9th after the event. I guess the list above is for the GM and not beta 6.

I don't want to know if you care or not, personally this is my wish list and so many people share the same wish list for beta 6 or maybe the gold master, Personally as an apple user, I have an iPad mini which runs the A5 chip with iOS 9, it actually runs better the 4S which shares the same chip, if Apple thinks a5 runs like junk with iOS 8, they shouldn't have updated the junk with iOS 9. But if one a5 device exceeds the performance of another a5 device, this isn't fair and yes i think that 2015 software should run on a5 devices like magic, if apple wants to update those devices to iOS 9, it has the full responsibility of giving the best of what they have to those devices, if they don't think they could handle it, they would just stop updating the a5 devices after iOS 8. U still didn't get that it's an apple habit, they slow down devices to force u buying the latest idevice.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Isn't that supposed to be one of the new "features" of iOS9? If "Wi-fi Assist" is toggled on and the performance of the wi-fi is poor / slow, then it automatically switches to cellular.
Wi-fi assist doesn't seem to do anything. I turn on my music in the car every morning from my driveway which barely has signal and I have to turn off my wifi to get it to start playing.

Reactions: spaceballl

lmddawson

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
Being able to sync my entire music library without it all syncing and then swiftly disappearing off my iPhone.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
shame everyone can't compare an iPhone 5 using iOS 7.1.2 to an iphone 6 running iOS 9.0 before taking survey

shansoft

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2011
iOS 9 beta 5 still noticeably slower than iOS 8.4, and that is on iPhone 6.

Not sure what exactly they have changed, the app open response time and home button response time increased dramatically. Almost thought I was using Android at one point. The idle CPU is also spiking between 15-25% most of the time. Not sure what background service they are doing.

The animation and content offset glitch is also a problem.
Overall, iOS 9 performance is pretty bad compare to all previous OS version.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
Looks like iOS 9 is a complete joke. Its meant to be faster and more stable. looks like that only happens on the iPad Air 2 and possibly the iPhone 6. Great work Apple.

They may as well made it another feature packed release, because I thought having very few new features was a good compromise for a more stable and fast experience but since we apparently haven't even got that, and they're not bothering with a beta 6 by the looks, its a major let down.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Looks like iOS 9 is a complete joke. Its meant to be faster and more stable. looks like that only happens on the iPad Air 2 and possibly the iPhone 6. Great work Apple.

They may as well made it another feature packed release, because I thought having very few new features was a good compromise for a more stable and fast experience but since we apparently haven't even got that, and they're not bothering with a beta 6 by the looks, its a major let down.
Perhaps we should wait until it's actually finished and released?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No just the logical thinking line of thought. Terrible final beta = not much change for the GM. It's a simple fact.
Except that the beta is far from terrible for many. And that the GM is usually well ahead of the last betas that it can be different enough. Facts about something that doesn't even exist yet (at least in the capacity of anyone being able say anything about it) simply can't be facts, and that's the only thing that would actually be an actual fact in all of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.